Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Slightly obscure question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

louisac

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  5:52:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone,
so this is a bit vague but I'd be interested to hear any thoughts.
I recently rediscovered this 'thing' I used to do quite often when I was a kid, which involved relaxing the muscles in my legs suddenly, and to such a great extent that there would be a pleasurable but at the same time almost uncomfortable, tickly feeling in them which would last only a few seconds, as if I couldn't sustain it. When I do it now, an action which is completely internal and I don't even really know what I'm doing I 'just know' how to do it, it causes a sensation that feels like energy being suddenly released and radiating outwards through the rest of my body. It feels even more intense when I do it during meditation. Does this ring any bells for anyone? I am wondering whether what I'm triggering is energetic in nature or whether I'm just doing something funny with my muscles.. it's intriguing.

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2016 :  9:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hail louisac!

I suspect, especially knowing you meditate, that you are experiencing the opening of nadis, the free flowing of prana, which is both pleasurable and somewhat unsettling. The maturing of your neurobiology is the fruit of practice. That you could do this somewhat as a youngster is a symptom of your karmic destiny, that you could access your energetic body in this way by knowing. Yes, you are just doing something funny with your muscles, but of course it is much more than that . Witness, enjoy, and offer it up.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Nov 03 2016 9:10:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2016 :  09:35:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, this is also the case with asana and pranayama too, first we start out physically and we go further and further inwards. Then one day we don't have to do the physical exercise, it is al happening inside. We just have to bring the attention or awareness there, we are energy and moving energy by attention.
Go to Top of Page

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2016 :  03:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful that you are able to trigger the energy in your body. You seem to have a natural connection with it, especially as you've been doing it since you've been a child. Keep on practicing and you'll see where it leads you!
Go to Top of Page

louisac

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  11:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all :)
@Dogboy - this is what I suspected/intuited, just wanted some other opinions!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000