New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2016 :  11:29:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

...my conviction that most activities we spend energy on earth for, such as money, career and corporate bullsh*t are worthless, and would only be viewed as wasted time when we go back to the spirit world. Looking forward to retire with the money I have saved so far, when my loved ones get convinced one day of these things.

the world wants our money badly
before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water
after enlightenment: chop wood, carry water
the world is old, and dirty

however

practicing love and acceptance
even while enduring a corporate atmosphere
generating mammon to satisfy the beast for the pleasure of subsistence
perhaps supporting others
to lighten their load in this earthly realm
is the best one can do

ultimately

when one travels down that glowing wormhole
past the meditating saints
forsaking the sideshow doors both left and right
sailing straight and true for that stargate bright

when a life is viewed in retrospect
multiverse frozen in its timeless instant
..did we love all, serve all?

that is the greatest prize..

and there are no forms in heaven
this is why they are named forms in heaven
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by delta33

With 8 hours at work 5 days a week where I'm expected to follow the iron clad rules of Capitalism, my mind contracts during those hours to accomplish the job and the rest of the hours hardly enough to undo the contraction. With this struggle everyday, no, not enough time to love all, serve all.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  10:15:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by delta33

With 8 hours at work 5 days a week where I'm expected to follow the iron clad rules of Capitalism, my mind contracts during those hours to accomplish the job and the rest of the hours hardly enough to undo the contraction. With this struggle everyday, no, not enough time to love all, serve all.

Hi FakeYogi,

It's often the mind that thinks that there is not enough time. Working in a Corporate environment with deadlines to meet can be demanding but there is always an opportunity to allow the contractions when you notice it during the work hours, a moment to breath, a moment to look at the beauty outside, a moment to be thankful for your health and so on.

One does not have to be Mother Teresa to serve and love all. You can hold the door, give a smile, pay a compliment, listen, help a co worker who is falling behind- these are little ways you can serve in your 8-5 job.

Freedom is found in the here now- not sometime in the future, not when you retire, not when you have enough money, not when all the people in the world become spiritual. Now is all there is.

Love big, Live gently and let go gracefully.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 14 2016 10:17:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  08:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
there is always an opportunity to allow the contractions when you notice it during the work hours, a moment to breath, a moment to look at the beauty outside, a moment to be thankful for your health and so on.

I lost you. I'm saying contraction of the mind is bad, I'm having to undo it everyday after work.

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata
One does not have to be Mother Teresa to serve and love all. You can hold the door, give a smile, pay a compliment, listen, help a co worker who is falling behind- these are little ways you can serve in your 8-5 job.

But these things don't matter right? I'm supposed to be still, they are supposed to be still, then how does it matter a little smile or holding door etc, which might only matter to a non-Yogic person?
Besides lets not pretend like intense strenuousness doesn't have its price, because most of these things are ultimately a waste of our soul's reason for being on the physical plane. We all know that Egyptian pyramids, Taj Mahal etc were a utter waste of time and energy right? Yet the workers and their masters were deluded otherwise. And 1000s of years later still I have to toil and toil, and that too knowing it is useless.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  09:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FakeYogi,

The contraction is not bad, it’s the judgment that makes it bad and causes suffering.

The good news is there is no such thing as Yogic and Non Yogic person. It’s not necessary that intense practices pay off. Sometimes people crash and burn with intense practice, hence Self pacing is one of the main tools in AYP. Moderation and balance in all aspects of Life bring joy. Be it spiritual practices or other aspects.

Taj Mahal is such a beautiful example of human love. Shah Jahan built it in memory of his beautiful wife Mumtaz. We all can take this as an inspiration to transform our Love to Divine Love for all. Love is so powerful. Also,there are no delusions once we see through our own delusion.

It’s perhaps not the states of Samadhi, the breathless state, the levitation, flying through the cosmos. Perhaps it’s the small ways that we are able to serve people around us that are the actual fruits of practice. I’m not saying the former is redundant but it’s the combination of both that makes Life magical. Many times spiritual practitioners put a lot of emphasis on spiritual experiences and forget to live in the here now.

We are here on this Earth plane because we are meant to be here. There is no way out of this matrix. The only way is to play this game from a place of Love. Then we will have the ability to laugh even at our pain at times .We find out that everyone is still, once our perception of the world changes.

Have you inquired into your mind, the way you view the world? Inquiry has helped me a lot on this path and I continue to do so. Every contraction is an opportunity to look inside; every expansion is an opportunity to be grateful.

Much Love,
Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 15 2016 09:21:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  12:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps Shah Jahan should rather have spent that money on the poor and needful instead of entombing a dead body. And I didn't even mention what he did to his brother to achieve the throne. Wordly minded people are necessarily hypocrites at some level or deeper, there are no exceptions, no matter what they say. And the corporate workplaces are full of such people who are full of themselves. As a person focussed on achieving steadfastedness and tranquility there should be no thoughts in my mind about such poop-stains. And I get annoyed everytime outside of office hours when a thought pops up about one of them. i am.. iam...
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  1:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Perhaps Shah Jahan should rather have spent that money on the poor and needful instead of entombing a dead body. And I didn't even mention what he did to his brother to achieve the throne. Wordly minded people are necessarily hypocrites at some level or deeper, there are no exceptions, no matter what they say. And the corporate workplaces are full of such people who are full of themselves. As a person focussed on achieving steadfastedness and tranquility there should be no thoughts in my mind about such poop-stains. And I get annoyed everytime outside of office hours when a thought pops up about one of them. i am.. iam...

To put it in your words- It's fun to dance with the fools sometimes.

Focusing on what's wrong with the world seldom brings peace. Diving deep inside, compassion,love, acceptance, allowing bring peace. We are all fools as no one knows what they are doing in this world.

But,through spiritual practices we can be a peaceful fool vs chaotic fool.

Wishing you the best!

P.S. Just made my afternoon Chamomile tea and it had this perfect quote " The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgement" Unknown.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 15 2016 1:08:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  9:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
P.S. Just made my afternoon Chamomile tea and it had this perfect quote " The difference between a flower and a weed is a judgement" Unknown.

Love this!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  12:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I do yoga practices, and I'm still full of myself. So what?
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  11:32:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33
I do yoga practices, and I'm still full of myself. So what?

So am I, but the focus is inward, to be seated in the true nature of the soul. But in my earlier post I was using the colloquial usage which means something else altogether.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  12:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry to interject here.
Being full of oneself: does it mean to think that one is superior/better than someone else ? My native language is german and in german the translation of being full of one self (eingebildet) is quite derogatory.
I wouldn't want to be full of myself. Of course others may think that I am full of myself, but so far nobody told me that he considers me so (and I wouldn't be angry if someone tells me).
So, what do you mean when you say: "I am full of myself" ?
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  03:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Normally full of oneself means having a superior than others attitude (eg: he will often interrupt when another is talking), trying to show off that he is superior (eg: monopolize a group coversation by not letting others speak, even bringing up topics that are tangential to the topic of the group, just so he can keep talking), defensive to the end of his wits even if something he said was shown to be incorrect, etc etc.

Full of oneself in a positive sense (and the phrase is never used in this sense normally) means being focussed on enriching the connection to the inner self. Denying to take up some duty which one perceives as being too challenging for the current level of inner silence one has is an example, and because he thinks nothing is worth doing that demands losing connection to ones inner self, and others may think he is being selfish / too full of himself.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Nov 17 2016 04:34:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000