Preventing bad incidents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2016 :  05:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HiCharliedog,

thank you for your response,appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2016 :  10:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm very sorry for the tragic loss of your father.

Whenever a bad incident happens to me, I always have great difficulties with accepting whatever has happened. It makes me really sad to realize that there's nothing I can do to change the things that have happened. However, I always try to make the best out of any given situation. It's the only thing I can do because there's no way to avoid bad incidents from happening, at least that I know of.

Naturally, this kind of philosophy only applies to things that happen to you personally. When it comes to the tragic loss of a loved one, it may not be possible to make the best out of the situation. Or rather, the advice to make the best out of the situation somehow seems misplaced in such a situation.

But what can we do to prevent bad incidents? Not so much at the moment. So the main key to overcome these negative incidents is to learn to think differently about what has happened. At least this is my opinion.

I hope this can somehow help you through these difficult days.

I wish you all the best and the courage it takes to overcome this really difficult situation.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  1:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Student of life, I think you are mistaken. Our concern for the dead and dying stems from a compassion for them, it is a different matter how we overcome and move on with life or what perspective we gain out of it.
I think there should be some lessons on how to deal with the moment of death. I'm not ready to die yet, and if the roof collapses the next minute, what should be my mental attitude or focus? Saying inner silence will take care of everything does not satisfy me.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Oct 17 2016 1:58:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  03:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did some research in the net and found out that when one dies and lose his physical body enters to astral plane and remains there for some time. so, it is possible to contact with him through astral projection.is that true?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 18 2016 10:20:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  05:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - Dogboy on Oct 18 2016 10:24:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  11:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

I think there should be some lessons on how to deal with the moment of death.

Here's a really good lesson on the art of yogic dying:
http://www.aypsite.org/286.html

Godspeed.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  04:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

I did some research in the net and found out that when one dies and lose his physical body enters to astral plane and remains there for some time. so, it is possible to contact with him through astral projection.is that true?

It seems that nobody is willing to share his experience or knowledge on this matter.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 20 2016 06:24:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  09:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes:

The best thing we can do for our loved ones who have passed is to let them go so they can move on to the next stage of their journey. It may not be easy to do this if there are strong attachments, regrets, etc., but it will be in their best interest, and our own. Their time in this incarnation is done, and moving on is what they must do sooner or later. We have some influence in that, because departed loved ones can feel our wanting, and if we insist on them staying and being there for us on the astral plane, or wherever, it can delay their journey. This is what "earthbound souls" (ghosts) are, souls who for one reason or other have not moved on yet. It is actually quite common, at least for a short time after passing, because concern for the wellbeing of loved ones who are still incarnated is natural. So letting our departed loved one know we are going to be okay will be a help to them. This is something in our heart. No need for any other means of communication. They know what we are feeling for a time after passing.

Not telling you what to do. It is between you and your dear father. I only mention it for information purposes. Regardless of what you feel you must do, I would suggest continuing with daily deep meditation, as this will help you to let go in stillness, while expanding the love in you at the same time.

I would add that AYP is not about pursuing psychic powers, communicating with departed loved ones, or any such thing. It is about cultivating the eternal freedom that abides in all of us -- peace, divine love and fullness of life while we are here on this earth plane. That awakening is automatically shared with our loved ones, and will stay with us when we move on from this life.

What we do for ourselves in yoga we are also doing for others. By honoring ourselves spiritually, we honor our loved ones and all of humanity.

Wishing you and your loved ones peace.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  10:01:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yogani it's an honor for me to have your comment.I love your writings.

Something in me want to contact with him yet maybe I can let him go after that because his death was very sudden and we didn't expect it we couldn't say even a goodbye to him he was young.

I know that AYP is not about such matters.But this is also knowledge. to know about these things is not harmful is it?
as you know there are a lot of information in the net the reason I ask this question here because I believe I can trust people here.

thank you anyway.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 20 2016 10:05:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  10:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes:

There is nothing wrong with knowing anything, or even doing most things if not intentionally harming. Your wish for finding closure with your father is certainly well-founded, and you will have it as you release your intention in stillness of heart. This is where you and he are eternally one, full with love.

It is our ongoing obsessions that tend to lead us astray. Except for divine union, of course.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  9:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What we do for ourselves in yoga we are also doing for others. By honoring ourselves spiritually, we honor our loved ones and all of humanity.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  10:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

It is our ongoing obsessions that tend to lead us astray. Except for divine union, of course.

Sattvic addiction.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  06:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

We have some influence in that, because departed loved ones can feel our wanting, and if we insist on them staying and being there for us on the astral plane, or wherever, it can delay their journey. This is what "earthbound souls" (ghosts) are, souls who for one reason or other have not moved on yet. It is actually quite common, at least for a short time after passing, because concern for the wellbeing of loved ones who are still incarnated is natural. So letting our departed loved one know we are going to be okay will be a help to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkTxSfZ2Uzo

In this video (4:30) Sadhguru says that the passed ones are not interested in us(living ones) because our connection with them was only physical.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 22 2016 09:05:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  09:24:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkTxSfZ2Uzo

In this video (4:30) Sadhguru says that the passed ones are not interested in us(living ones) because our connection with them are only physical.

Hi angeleeyes:

That may be true once a soul has transitioned and moved on. But where there have been close connections in life, there are many accounts that they will be there to guide us later on when we pass.

For more on this, see "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton, "Life After Life" by Raymond Moody, and "Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife" by Eben Alexander.

These are respected modern works in the field. Are they true? You decide.

It is suggested not to let this sidetrack you from the rest of the things in your life, attending to the living, and spiritual practices especially. None of these books are strong on spiritual practices and how they can greatly enhance our prospects in this life and beyond. Spiritual practices are the game-changer. That is the focus in AYP.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  09:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NkfZmh_kIk

I also find this video interesting on predetermination or predestination.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 22 2016 10:21:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  09:36:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

That may be true once a soul has transitioned and moved on. But where there have been close connections in life, there are many accounts that they will be there to guide us later on when we pass.

this is a bit confusing.maybe they are reincarnated when we pass.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 22 2016 10:07:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2016 :  02:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May be they have a little choice. An advanced Yogi who already while living, had realized that the connections to loved ones are only the consequence of physical bonds, will move on without sparing a 2nd thought for the living. An attached person whose whole world revolved around his/her loved ones will probably be around a little longer. But the means for accomplishing this all being gone (how does one see without eyes, etc while being a ghost) I reckon this should only result in more misery for them.
I have not yet read the Death related books mentioned by Yogani but I would suggest you read the discourse in the Mahabharata between Vidura and Dhritarashtra after the latter lost his 100 sons in battle, and Vidura tries to console him. It is full of wisdom and is worth reading and contemplating on.
http://www.mahabharataonline.com/tr...ta_11002.php and several pages following after.
One of the central ideas in the above texts is that while mourning for the dead you are acting forgetful of your own mortality, and everyone dies, so what big difference it makes who dies first. It applies well to laymen not practicing Yoga even.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Oct 23 2016 06:26:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  3:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all again!

I have heard that once someone loses the physical body whoever (s)he maybe,experinces immense joy if this is true death is a wonderful experience.

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 27 2016 5:14:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

It seems that nobody is willing to share his experience or knowledge on this matter.

hello angeleeyes,

it's different for everyone.
i believe most people hang around for three or four days, then pass over.
you might have a dream in the 3-4 days after the death of a close loved one where you have a hug, say goodbye, etc.
but there are ghosts at cemeteries, so some do "hang out"

as for attempting to contact them, it is your choice, but i would advise against it.
ghosts are hungry, and will impersonate a loved one who has passed over to "get a charge" from you.

you may find some solace reading near death experience accounts: http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Arch...ERF_NDEs.htm

in my humble opinion, let the dead go.. a good yogi will not disclose his/her name so that disciples will not call to them after death.. for example, we do not know yogani's real name, and that is wise.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  11:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 28 2016 5:16:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  12:14:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...there are many accounts that they will be there to guide us later on when we pass.

Hi angeleeyes:

It should be clarified that they are not on this plane when we pass. They are far beyond to guide us when we leave the earth and astral planes. This is the so-called tunnel leading to the bright light of the heavenly realms, which is where they are. So they are not coming back into the earth realms when we pass. We are going out to where they are.

Once a loved one departs the earth realms, we are not likely to see them in form until we pass ourselves. We do have their eternal love in our heart, and they have ours.

The reincarnation aspect is different, having dynamics of its own looking beyond the influences of one particular lifetime, leading to many possibilities for rebirth on the earth plane in the near or distant future.

If you check out the books I suggested above, you will find detailed descriptions from many sources. There is also some coverage of it in the AYP Secrets of Wilder novel.

On the influence of current spiritual practices beyond this lifetime, there is this: http://www.aypsite.org/74.html
...and this: http://www.aypsite.org/376.html

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  5:18:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani,

Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2016 :  2:41:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani
I didn't understand your reply about reincarnation aspect being different (from seeing a dead one in form once we too pass). Was Angeleyes correct in saying once they have reincarnated can't be met in spirit world, or not?
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2016 :  01:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi

Hi Yogani
I didn't understand your reply about reincarnation aspect being different (from seeing a dead one in form once we too pass). Was Angeleyes correct in saying once they have reincarnated can't be met in spirit world, or not?

while this question is asked of yogani and i am curious to hear that perspective, there are some comments that could be made on this matter..

the Self is timeless
all "reincarnated" lives are happening, right now
past, present, future, parallel, birth, life, death -- all now

so when one passes over, the ancestors are there
it is quite possible for the Self to manifest in heaven while also incarnated in many other forms/places
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2016 :  02:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I bought Journey of Souls by Michael Newton and it mentions that a certain part of the soul of an incarnated one still remains in the spirit world. It is all very amazing, and the book reinforces my conviction that most activities we spend energy on earth for, such as money, career and corporate bullsh*t are worthless, and would only be viewed as wasted time when we go back to the spirit world. Looking forward to retire with the money I have saved so far, when my loved ones get convinced one day of these things.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Nov 12 2016 07:02:40 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000