Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Profound Insights Worth a Look....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  2:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~

Namaste sadaka,

There are a few truth's that I find profound and insightful...let me share two with you. If you care to share yours , please add to this string.

Richo akshare parame vyoman yasmin deva adhi vishve nisheduh,
Yastanna veda kim richa karishyatiya it tad vidus ta ime samasate.

(Rk Veda, 1.164.39)

That is,
The Veda or rks, reside in the transcendental field or akshara, of the highest (parame) etheral Being (vyoman) in which reside all the adhi vishve deva's (or impulses of creative intelligence, the laws of Nature), responsible for the whole manifest universe. He whose awareness is not open (na veda) to this field, what can the verses accomplish for him? Those who know this level of reality are established in evenness (samasate or rest contented) , in That ( Tat or Bhuma, fullness-wholeness of life)."

What does this say in short? Of what use is the ved, for he whom is not becoming absorbed in the Absolute? Where will be the value of this great knowledge other then words... become established in atman, the avyayam (undecaying), the even-ness to reap the full value of the knowledge.

One additional insight from the munduka (the shaving) Upanishad, or ones that are shaved heads ( the yataya, or sanyasin's):

The atman cannot be obtained by much study of the vedas or intelligence or much learning.
He whom the SELF chooses, by him the SELF can be gained. To him the atman reveals its true nature

For me, this suggests that sadhana is more then study, yet the knowledge is wonderful! The experience of SELF comes not out of a book , but from within, and with His/Her grace.

Yet do we just wait and see? The next verse/mantra/sutra says,
'This atman cannot be attained by one who is destitute of strength or without earnestness of penance without mark ( or focus).
But if the wise (man/woman) strives after IT by those means then the SELF enters into Brahman'

Being in health ( mind , body and spirit) or strengh, and with focus and resolve (e.g. mark) to strive to IT, Brahman, then one reaches the goal.

pranams,

Satyam jayate anritm - Truth conquers falsehood

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2006 :  10:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Namaste sadaka,

There are a few truth's that I find profound and insightful...let me share two with you. If you care to share yours , please add to this string.

Richo akshare parame vyoman yasmin deva adhi vishve nisheduh,
Yastanna veda kim richa karishyatiya it tad vidus ta ime samasate.

(Rk Veda, 1.164.39)

That is,
The Veda or rks, reside in the transcendental field or akshara, of the highest (parame) etheral Being (vyoman) in which reside all the adhi vishve deva's (or impulses of creative intelligence, the laws of Nature), responsible for the whole manifest universe. He whose awareness is not open (na veda) to this field, what can the verses accomplish for him?

Namaste,

pleasant day..........I tried reading the first hindi verse above...........

I tried several times my left hand raised up and did a formation .........I just did jaap ........maybe that's the reason why it occur although I am certain whatever is written there it affected me

Anyway if you can in english tell me what this "hand signal thingy "(raised left hand) is about ......I would really appreciate this.....

I also enjoy the reading above.....

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  3:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by nsantoo

[quote]
I tried several times my left hand raised up and did a formation ...I just did jaap ...maybe that's the reason why it occur although I am certain whatever is written there it affected me

Anyway if you can in english tell me what this "hand signal thingy "(raised left hand) is about ...I would really appreciate this.

Hello and namasate nsantoo,

I do not know but will take a stab at it from the non-spiritual point of view. This can be as simple as stress release in the system and that is good. A physical reaction to a rk ved verse/mantra is rewarding, if in fact we are seeing cause and effect.
Do you have much body movement during your meditatons? this may point the way to your answer.

Regards, and happy you enjoy the posts. I will add a few more.
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2006 :  6:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay thanks alot........for the info

Body movements during meditation :
1.By myself(closed eyes) do occur I close my eyes, open them and I am in another location.....that's why meditation is usually brief(that's alot of stress being released there...wow....)

2.With group mediation:
a.With eyes closed it is beautiful I see the deities and get their scent(too frightening)
b.With jaaping in groups.......you better not have an ailment....... that is automatically dealt with.......hands focus on persons with eyes closed.......

Also Mother Durga usually deals with me i actually smell the negativity going away .......she makes me move slowly in a cirle clockwise and then anti-clockwise.......

Every time I meditate there is something new.....the experiences never ends.....

yes I agree to a point this do occur(stress release) I usually release ......then power up

when I am jaaping alot of movements occur......this is better than exercise ........I feel the magnetism in my hands....kinda like tai chi.......I love this... it is really cool especially for someone that has never been formally trained in anything......

I am thristy for any vedic knowledge and how nice of you to translate verses for us.....

I am very responsive to any scriptures so far I have been exposed to the Shiv pooran and Bhagwatam
Just being in the presence of these stir me up so much until I touch them.......nice feeling though

please do keep the verses coming

thanks alot
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2006 :  3:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
quote:
Originally posted by nsantoo

Okay thanks alot........for the info

I am very responsive to any scriptures so far I have been exposed to the Shiv pooran and Bhagwatam Just being in the presence of these stir me up so much until I touch them. Namaste.

Hello again nsantoo,
There is much to talk about regarding the ved. I have plenty of posts on this site, and most, if not all, are ved/upanishad-centric.
Please take a look. I will add more as time unfolds and as I see some interest in this information.

re: your responsiveness to scripture...let me recommend reading the Bhagavad-gita , also called the 'cream of the ved'. If you have read it, great, re-reading is good, then hearing is better. How so? the samitha, that is, the collection of mantra's with the gaps or samdhya as they are called, between the mantras are just as important and the mantra, as it brings out turiya, or the 4th, in ones consciousness. This is the crux of the Sama Ved.

Once that is complete there are plenty of offerings for the person that wishes to gain this knowledge. A friendly reminder - the knowledge is information, and is one-legged as the rishi's say. That is , it comes to life with the unfoldment of the SELF (atmam), yet it points the way, and gives the aspirant a flavor of what to expect and better understand. We have used the analogy on AYP as the journey in a car , and you get to see the sights along the way. The agmas ( or books, scriptures) help define the trip.

regards, pranams,

Edited by - Frank-in-SanDiego on Oct 24 2006 3:44:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2006 :  11:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Frank,

I am currently reading the Bhagavad Gita by Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda...volume one ........I still have to complete it

a few pages every other day is good for me

When Iwas going through punishment level 1

my Dad had to sit at the table and read it until I fall asleep

his comments.....non spiritual viewpoint and 3rd observer of invisible negative mass.............

"Everything is indeed true in the book"

yes I re-read that's why I can't finish volume one

It is wonderful.......I am attracted a to group of books I saw in the puja store.........it was tied in a red cloth....I wanted it to have it
and I don't know why
I shall go and check it out again ....and get it okay and maybe you can tell me more about it okay

Thanks again though
Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000