Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Head like balloon. Purification?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  12:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all!

When I get deep into DM, I start to get the sensation that my head (and sometimes my entire body, but not every meditation) starts to feel like it's expanding, physically. Like my head is blowing up slowly like a balloon and my consciousness draws inward and inward and becomes smaller and smaller. It's very hard to explain in words this sensation.

Other times I get this feeling in my hands/arms as well in addition to my head.

After this happens and I "get used to it" (I don't fight it) I feel like my consciousness is completely drawn into my body. Kind of like my body is a giant shell like in the movie "Pacific Rim" and my consciousness is just the little guy controlling it. I am not my body anymore, I am the consciousness that exists inside this shell.

Any thoughts?

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello alecpeace welcome to the forum. Sounds like you are doing very well with Deep Meditation, there will be many new things that will come up.

Just be sure that when they do to easily favor the mantra and easily return to I AM.

Considering what you experience later is just fine but not during, during Deep Meditation just easily favor the mantra.

Now since we are both outside of practice I will share with you that when very young used to encounter these states where the I as in this awareness would become very tiny and the body would feel just like a Jaeger

In my case the body felt very heavy and voluminous so probably a Cherno Alpha

Your experience seems more like a Gipsy Danger.

This is your first real proof you are not the body, but rather that which is living it’s life inside a body.

Congratulations.

Edited by - So-Hi on Jul 23 2015 2:24:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi alecpeace, welcome!

I've had sensations of expanded body parts. Yes, it's scenery, probably purification.

I'll join So-hi in his congratulations for the "I am not my body anymore". That's good progress.

Enjoy your practices!
Go to Top of Page

alecpeace

USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blue, I think you're right that it's purification which is manifesting itself in this manner during DM. Of course it's just scenery so I ignore it, but still interesting to note that it comes up once in a while during DM.

The interesting thing is that, like So-Hi said, I also used to get this when I was younger (especially when falling asleep) and it's really been a part of me always, but during meditation, and even before I starter AYP and was doing Vipassana, I would also get this feeling. It seems like meditation in general does something psychophysically to bring this sensation about. Probably to do with the way meditation changes the energy flows.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000