Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Preparing for meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grex

Estonia
1 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:42:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

recently I started doing the set of asanas laid out in the "Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas" book to prepare for meditation and it has helped my sitting practice immensely.
I am curious to find out whether I could improve it, perhaps trying a different set of asanas that would lead to even deeper meditations.
I also do the alternate nostril breathing pranayama before meditation.
Any advice is appreciated.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  4:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Grex,

You are doing the perfect amount of asanas prior to meditation. Anything more as Yogani mentions would be to much.

You could look at changing from alternate nostril breath to Spinal Breathing Pranayama. It is a much more powerful method and I believe would do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Ace

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2015 :  10:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Grex,

It's great to see that things are going well for you. I totally agree with jonesboy, using spinal breathing pranayama is the next big step.
The asanas at the beginning are actually enhancing the spinal breathing, which than has a spillover effect on the deepness of your meditation practice.

This global effect on all practices, that you get from adding a new one is really the beauty of AYP and the reason, why it's working so well.
With asanas, spinal breathing and DM you will have a lot of purification in your system, so just enjoy it for some time and keep in mind the option to self-pace if things are moving too fast.

good luck and great practice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000