Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Spontaneous/premature kundalini awakening advice ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

profalis

USA
5 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  04:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, I'm grateful to be apart of the group. My name is john. I would like to share my experience with kundalini. Any advice,help,etc.. would be appreciated.

Story : About 3 Months ago, I started getting into meditation because I wanted to start the practice of clearing my mind before I start my day. I picked this up from hearing how other successful people like oprah,tony robbins, etc. incorporate meditation in their daily lives to help clear their minds and achieve a healthier mindset/lifestyle. I practiced small meditation for a about a week and one day decided to meditate for 30 mins. I was still a beginner didn't realize that meditating at that length for a beginner could be pretty extreme. SO i was meditating and about 30 mins into it, i realized that i was in the deepest state of meditation I had ever been in. It was so deep I felt i was in another state and remember actually seeing/feeling my third eye. Shorty after realizing how deep of a state is was in, BOOM, my body went into paralysis and the powerful surge of energy went through my heart (i don't really remember feeling any energy rise from the base of my spine). It was was pretty painful, it felt like my heart was electrocuted , right after that happened i jumped out of paralysis scared and was very shocked at what just happened. I was sitting their asking myself what just happened ?! because I dint know what kundalini was prior to this. As you can imagine I was pretty worried, I had thought i was having a heart attack of some sort , i just didn't know. SO right after that happened for the next 4 hours i did research to find out what it was and a came to the conclusion that I had a premature kundalini awakening. Now 4 months later, i have experienced some of the symptoms of this which pretty much confirms that this is kundalini. I'll list the symptoms I have expireinced below.

Symptoms : The first symptoms I experienced was this pressure in the left area of my chest (heart chakara). AFter it stopped i started feeling a small pressure in my lower right back. They were not painful but just a little bothersome, eventually went away. AT this time I was also experiencing some weird body movements inside my body. Not necessarily energy but just weird movements. Kinda hard to explain.

After the pressures went away, things kinda calmed down for about a two/three weeks. then things intensified. I remember one night, while falling asleep (this could have possibly been a small dream but felt very real)out of nowhere, i suddenly felt this huge wave/stream of energy just enter my body, it wasn't painful, but kinda overwhelming. I tried to resist it because i didn't understand what was happening but i let it go on for a little bit and then I got up when it stopped, again asking myself, what was that ?! The best way I can explain this scenario is like this, while i was laying on my back the energy was so powerful that my arms opened wide and my body kinda jumped every time this energy streamed into me. The energy would come and stop like every 10 seconds and everytime it came i felt I couldn't resist so my body just jumped up and accepted this energy stream. Its really hard to explain but heres a link to a picture to help illustarte the scenario : http://loveandlightportal.files.wor...wakening.jpg

After a while, the next three weeks I started noticing that i was having these uncontrollable seizure like moments right before i fall to sleep. Right around the time when i noticed this, I also noticed that anytime i tried to go to sleep purposely, my body would just go into a deep meditation state and the kundalini would just go crazy and start to build up in my body to the point where i had to force myself out of my sleep state. I felt as if I let this energy build up i would explode so i would never let it continue. I didn't know what was going to happen if i let this energy continue to build . It got to a point where sometimes instead of forcing myself to go to sleep i would just wait until my body was tired enough to fall asleep quickly without me consciously knowing, that way i wouldn't have to go though the deep meditation/energy build up scenario. This wasn't painful by the way, just overwhelming.

So a couple of weeks pass and i notice i started having heart palpitations, i remember the research i did explained that this was a symptom. The palpitations are kind off and on. sometimes ill feel them and sometimes i wont. very random. Also before the palpitations, there was one week where i had this burning, annoying, pain at the end of my spine. Like, it was very uncomfortable and hard to ignore. It went away after a couple of days.

There symptoms i explain from here on out are recent, in the last month or so. One recent symptom is the feeling of energy,Like right now while im typing this, if i were to just stop and focus on my body for 5-10 seconds, i can literally feel energy moving in my hands, head, and chest as if it is stuck. No energy in my lower body, just chest,hands, and head. this isn't really noticeable unless i focus on it, also i get the sensation where it feels like ants/insects are crawling on my skin. I forgot to mention that earlier.

Another recent symptom i had was while falling asleep, a stream of energy felt like a small snake/burst of energy just moved very quickly in my chest. It made me jump up out of my sleep. In that same week, I remember one night i tried to go to sleep and i experienced the extra awareness symptom, There is this fire alarm in my house and it makes this beeping sound every ten minutes or so. when the alarm bleeped, i was so sensitive to its sounds it woke me up out of sleep. I was so sensitive to it it made me jump every time it bleeped. I quickly realized what was happening so i just tried to go back to sleep, while in the process of doing so, my awareness was still increased so i became sensitive to the cold air blowing on me, i also noticed while i was playing this game on my mobile to take my mind of the heightened awareness, the colors on the screen were very vibrant, i had never seen them so vibrant. Also, i felt out of place. I read that one of the symptoms if increased awareness when your not ready for it is feeling like your body is larger/smaller in relation to the thins around you. I felt out of place so i just had to go to sleep and i did.

Around this time is also when fatigue and tiredness symtptom kicked in, lately ive been feeling very tired. About two weeks ago one day, I felt so tired like, Ive never felt that tired in my life. I literally felt like i was going to fall asleep no matter what i did and the weird thing is at around 6pm that day, suddenly i didn't feel so tired. I had my energy back. I couldn't really go to sleep when i wanted to because I still experience the deep meditation/ energy build up every time i try to go to sleep. If not that, ill have the seizure experience.Its like i only go to sleep when kundalini wants me to.

Another recent experience was the racing heartbeat experience, which scared the sh*t out of me when it was happening. It happen during sleep. My heart just started beating so fast that i thought it was going to explode. It lasted a good 10 seconds.

Another experience about two days ago was a dream i had, this is the first time i experienced kundalini in a dream but anyway, in the dream i was talking to this guy and he looked at me and said, "your kundalini is very active right now". right after that in my dream the kundalini energy just went crazy all over my body and right before i felt as if something big was about to happen I woke up. This is very similar to how i feel when i try to go to sleep and the kundalini energy just overwhelms my body to the point where i cat sleep when i want. Im pretty sure that dream meant something, a message i suppose. WHat do you think that meant ?

Some other small symptoms are just small pains in the chest and back. they don't really bother me but are noticeable. I guess im used to it now. To add, i just tried to sleep about 3 hours ago and my body, once again went into this deep meditation state and the energy started building up, this time i felt pain and a knot sensation where my heart chakara is, then i broke my self out of paralysis i decided to finally post on a forum for advice, insight.

Alright so with that being said i also want to add that during all of this in the last 3 months r so, I have also experienced moments where i had deep realizations/insights about life. Also, I've been experiencing synchronicity events as well. I'm one of those people that believe things happen for a reason, and after thinking about it i realize that my kundalini awakened around the same time i started learning about the laws of the universe, spirit science, and the awakening process. I feel that this is just a part of my own awakening process, my mind has been exanpned to so many things in the last 4-5 months about the spiritual side of things and life in general. just thought i would add that.

I've done research, watched videos, etc.. and I learned that I must surrender to this energy. which is somehting I didnt know at first. I also have to ground it because im pretty sure its stuck in my heart chakara and my crown. And just to be clear, i dont look at none of these experience as negative, I appreciate them. during research i learned that the kundalini chooses a person when they are ready, and i mean, i know this is premature for me but i feel this is a part of my cleansing/awakening process. I also believe on a bigger scale that this is result of the awakening process the whole world is going though right now. SO many other people are experiencing things like this. People are waking up. 2012 wasn't the end of the world but its just the start of a new age, awakening process.

Okay so what advice can you guys give for me to calm this energy down? If there is a blockage in my heart chakara how can i help this ? I know grounding and things such as walking barefooted in nature helps. anything else ? And as far as my problem where everytime i try to go to sleep the i get put into this paralysis state and the energy builds up, should i just surrender to this ? the energy is very overwheliming, powerful, and a little painful or should i ground the energy first. Thank you, also if you have similar experience you can share if you want.

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 24 2013 :  2:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi profalis, and welcome to the forum!

Quite a few of the regular participants here are on their way to an AYP retreat in Michigan for the weekend, so replies might be a bit thin until next week.

Thank you for sharing. Your attitude about your sudden kundalini activity is very good. That is half the battle. If you are aware of what is happening and are able to navigate with both prudence and acceptance, it will be much easier.

You did not mention what kind of meditation you were using. Are you still involved in a daily practice? If so, what, how long per session, and how often?

As you may have noticed, kundalini is a topic often discussed around here. Nevertheless, it is but one aspect of the overall journey to enlightenment, and we do our best to keep things in perspective in relation to the whole. You can find lessons on the AYP website covering kundalini in relation to just about every aspect of spiritual development, ranging from practices employed to initial symptoms of energy awakening, on through to managing a full blown energy awakening, and finally to self-realization and unity in non-duality. You can find the lessons linked in the topic index. Here is a list of the ones under "kundalini," minus the active linking (which you can find in the topic index):

Kundalini - 54, 63, 64, 69, 83, 85, 91, 94, 113, 125, 129, 135, 149, 169, 170, 191, 199, 200, 201, 208, 216, 253, 261, 280, 287, 297, 304, 318, 320, 331, T70, 378, 379, 381, 406, 407, 409, 410, 422

You can also find many other terms and linked lessons listed in the topic index that overlap into the kundalini area.

For additional measures for managing excessive symptoms, see Lesson 69. There are some things there that you did not mention, like the effects of spinal breathing pranayama, diet measures, assistance from ayurveda, avoiding excessive indulgence at the crown, other lifestyle and practice routine considerations, etc.

Wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - May 25 2013 :  10:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John

I'll just throw out some ideas. You said you're about 3-4 months into this k awakening and yet the energy is stuck in your heart and crown. And also you are getting some kind of paralysis when you retire for sleep. Is that correct? I've hesitated to respond because your awakening is substantially different from my own. At the beginning of my k awakening, all the energy was in my root chakra. The intensification of energy flowing in your body is probably not going to diminish appreciably. What will happen is you will find a way to adjust to the greater energy. In my case this took roughly 3 years.

Since I didn't know it was a k awakening, it was trial and error. If something was effective I stayed with that. The magnetic bi-metal bracelets that you can find in the U.S. were helpful, as were the bi-metal bracelets made in India. I also found cedar and/or vetivert essential oil helped to soothe, relax and ground me. Any kind of water internal or external was helpful. And a heavier diet than normal was required. While mostly vegetarian I found eating more fish, eggs and beans helpful. On that diet my emotions seemed more stable, thoughts less spacey, less overwhelm and less pain.

For the heart chakra, rose and sandalwood incense or oil may help. And for the paralysis when you are resting...if it were me I would try Bach Flower Rescue Remedy. Possibly if it isn't too hot outside, ginger compress but not directly over the heart, rather lower around the kidneys. Saunas or sweat lodge might help. I'm intuitively sensing some fear collecting around your kidney area, although don't recall any mention of it in your post.

For herbs, scullcap is a strong nervine, tastes awful as a tea, but you might give it a try. It is very calming and perhaps grounding as well. You might make up a strong tea and put it in your bathwater for a soak. Research the herb lobelia, for loosening the chest and treating seizures. As for crystals, you might try rose quartz for the heart and smoky quartz for general well being and to clear negative energy. For the symptoms you've described, perhaps heavy physical exertion and exercise would help to move the energy.

I'm also intuiting you may have some delicate matters of the heart that need resolving...either in this or past life. All I can suggest there is to pay very close attention to what your body is telling you. Perhaps keep a journal recording dreams, symptoms, feelings, etc.

Wishing you all the best.

parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on May 25 2013 11:06:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  11:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Profalis,
Welcome to the forum. You have some very good spiritual related answers now, so i just thought I'd add: you should probably have your doctor check out your heart also. They have a series of standard tests they run.

You mentioned pressure in the left chest, seizures, heart palpitations, chest pains, accelerated heartbeat, extreme fatigue, all being signs of heart problems. This would not mean it is not spiritual, but just being safe, to cover the physical angle as well.
best of luck,
Ether
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000