Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 UK AYP retreat August 2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2013 :  03:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

The dates are now set for the UK AYP retreat in 2013. By popular demand this years retreat will be in August. I got on the case early this year so we could hold a retreat in the summer! The venue will be at Holycombe House again in Warwickshire.

The dates are: Friday August 30th to Sunday 1st September. The retreat will run from the Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon.

DeeDee who did the catering last year will be coming again to do her amazing vegetarian, organic, ayurvedic, superfood cooking.

The prices will be: £195 to stay in a shared room (2 or 3 sharing) or £215 for a single room. It will also be possible to camp at the centre or stay in your own campervan for those who wish for £175.

Contact me for more info on the retreat or to book a place. You can PM me through this forum or email me using the form on my website:

AYP UK Yoga retreat 2013

Christi

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  04:01:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi! That was quick- I am still recovering from our last amazing retreat and DeeDee's cooking
Count me in as a tentative at this stage... Will let you know...
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2013 :  05:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mathurs,

I wanted to move the UK AYP retreats to being summer retreats rather than winter retreats, so we can enjoy the sunshine when we are not meditating. As the yoga retreat centres get booked up so early, I had to get on the case fast this year.

Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  03:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Christi,

This is of interest!

I need to see if I can budget it. Will you please keep us updated over the coming weeks/months as to how many spaces are left?

Thanks

Jack
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2013 :  08:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack,

Sure thing. 10 spaces left at the moment.

I update my website every week, so you can check here on spaces available.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2013 :  10:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

3 spaces are still available on this retreat. All the single rooms have been taken but there are still spaces in share rooms.
Go to Top of Page

kembolini

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2013 :  2:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I am interested. Assuming that my friend has not also expressed my interest and therefore booked me in.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:08:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

There is one space now available on the UK AYP retreat at the end of August and it is only available for a man. If you would like to come let me know.

Click here for details.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

kembolini

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  2:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

I enjoyed the weekend retreat.

Lot of hard work on your part and all the others who were there.

A nom de plume to conjure with methinks.

K

Edited by - kembolini on Sep 02 2013 2:58:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  5:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Got back last night from the UK summer retreat. We were blessed with the weather and with a great bunch of yogis and yoginis from all over the UK and abroad. Everyone was very dedicated to the practices over the weekend which was fantastic. The food was great, so a big thanks to DeeDee who did all the cooking. And thanks to everyone else who helped out to make it happen.

Looking forward to the next one.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  6:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kembolini

Hi Christi

I enjoyed the weekend retreat.

Lot of hard work on your part and all the others who were there.

A nom de plume to conjure with methinks.

K

Thanks Kembolini.

My nom de plume comes from a time when I worked in a school in South India teaching music and dance. The children were Tamil speaking and could not pronounce my birth name, so they called me Christian, or Christi for short.
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2013 :  10:25:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All,
Wonderful retreat. Great companions, lovely food, rounds and rounds of sun salutations which resulted in great weather
Very well organised and well led retreat Christi!

I learnt that I was doing spinal breathing wrong. I tried it the correct way last evening and the results are obvious today!

Looking forward to the next one in December!

Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  07:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think everyone, newcomers and experienced in AYP alike would probably agree that it was a wonderful retreat. Whatever stage you are at, you are allowed a glimpse of what lies around the corner. The silence present around and within the fellow practitioners undoubtedly is felt by the silent place within ourselves, which is nourished and strengthened.

I recall learning when I was young that the chirps of the first hatchling birds reach the ears of their unhatched siblings, who then begin to wake up and break out themselves.

The best part is going back to your everyday life and noticing the lingering inner smile you carry with you :)
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  01:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The retreat was great
lovely people
great practices and experiences
much silence
great practical information for everydalife .

Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2013 :  05:40:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful guys. I'm really glad the AYP UK retreats are going so well. If I ever move back to the UK from NY, hopefully I'll be joining you at some point!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4368 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2013 :  5:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

A few people asked if I would be leading another retreat at Holycombe again next summer. The answer is I will, and the dates will be 5th to the 7th September 2014. The next retreat I will be leading there will be in December this year from the 13th to 15th.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000