Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP New York City
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

AYP NYC has finally started!

We had our first meeting last night, just 3 of us including myself, at my offices by Grand Central Station (I'm at 42nd and Lexington). We're a small company and I run our NY office, so fortunately I'm able to freely commandeer the space

Aiming to meet as often as possible at 6.30pm. This may well be several days a week.

If any NYC dwellers would like to join, please send me a private message and I'll give you the full details.

Josh

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wish you all the best Josh!
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  12:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck Josh!!

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awesome
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Best wishes for your group. Wouldn't it be nice if every city had a similar meeting?
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  3:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx all. would be nice to see it grow.

Maybe NYC could be a good site for the first full-time AYP Yoga studio/meditation center! Someday perhaps

There is certainly a yoga studio practically on every block, but I feel that most people are there for the great exercise more than anything else. But despite that, there's a huge abundance of silent yoga retreats conducted by the studios, 3 eckhart tolle meet-up groups, kundalini yoga studios, a handful of non-duality meet-ups although these are small with a few people, the self-realization fellowship has an HQ here, and probably 15 or more vipassana, zen and other buddhist tradition meditation centers. Why not AYP.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  8:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck Mr Anderson!
I visit there once a year or so, and will be sure to drop by.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  4:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
would be great to see you! do drop by!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  01:14:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Josh,

Happy to hear what is unfolding....and if there's a need for an AYP center, it will show up.
I quote Yogani quoting from a movie called "the Field of Dreams"--Build it, and they'll come."

Phil
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2013 :  5:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lol, thanks Phil!
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2013 :  12:45:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
UPDATE: The AYP weekly meeting time is set for 6.00pm, Every Tuesday, near Grand Central station (contact me for details). So far, we have something like 3 new AYP meditators in New York City, who have developed a regular meditation habit and are either friends of mine, or friends of friends, so lots of people are getting introduced (and getting very good results I hear). There are also some longer term practitioners in the City, who've been going for a few years who are joining in with the regular meetings.

At the moment, the meetup group is really only just coming together, sometimes there's a few of us, sometimes nobody, but the meetings are starting to regularize and I believe its going to grow and become established, as surely as a small seedling eventually becomes a tree. And in spite of this body-mind's extreme aversion to positions of responsibility and organization :-) I'm definitely the guy who prefers to turn up to something that somebody else organized, but life is giving me a new challenge, that I'd feel bad about not responding to efficiently. It's stillness in action.

Love,

Josh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000