Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 I need help (spontaneous kundalini awakening)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  6:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi gave good advice,

DiitalYogi aswell. Would second his advice (easy alternate nostril breathing) + go to the forest, lake or nature regularly.

Meeting friends and sharing the energy will help too.

There is nothing to worry about, the energy will move and clean the nadis. Looks like sooner or later people will have to adress this topic much more. There where times where people had to really give it a big shot to stimulate some energy flow. For them not doing any practice helps instantly. But for those where the energy - out of itself due to past causes - starts concentrating and flowing more intensly, it will be a very interesting transition =P

Don't forget, something in you awakens for your very best, inviting you to go with it and even help along :)
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  7:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lomaximo,

I agree with Christi to lay off of spiritual practices for a while and stay with grounding activities. Here is some advice from Yogani in Lesson 69
quote:
Even in the smoothest kundalini awakening there will be some symptoms. There can be some aching and/or heat around the extremities of the spinal nerve, just as you described – third eye and root. With easy spinal breathing and meditation they should not become extreme. If they do, back off practices somewhat, as recommended, and try some of the further measures mentioned below. Many other things can happen: Light burning sensations here and there. Some lurching of the body or sudden movement of air from the lungs during practices. The feeling of insects crawling on the limbs, or little pricks like they are biting occasionally during the day. Strange feelings in the feet that are both pleasurable and itchy at the same time -- this can be smoothed by walking regularly. It can happen in the hands too. There can also be a varied assortment of goose bumps, occasional shivers, sexual arousal, inner buzzing and humming sounds, hot pinpricks, slight headaches, and other weird sensations. All of this stuff settles down in time. To the extent any of it remains, it is overshadowed by the experience of pure bliss consciousness and divine ecstasy coming from inside. You will find things like these in a normal kundalini awakening. All of them are symptoms of obstructions coming out, making way for a new life in unending ecstasy.

If symptoms become extreme and we cannot smooth them in pranayama and meditation, even by reducing times of practice, then more measures are necessary. These can also be considered by anyone doing spiritual practices for prevention of kundalini difficulties.

There are three factors affecting the way kundalini energy moves in us – bodily constitution, lifestyle, and practices. These factors determine our tendencies for kundalini energy to be balanced or unbalanced.

First, is the bodily constitution. This is what we are born with. We each have certain tendencies in us that determine how energy (prana) will flow through our body. These are delineated well in the Indian system of medicine called "Ayurveda," which is all about balancing energies in the body. There are three aspects to our constitution, and we can have too much or not enough of any of them:

Vata – Is our nature flexible, or moving around too much?

Pitta – Is our nature focused, or fiery and angry?

Kapha – Is our nature steady, or stuck in inertia?
These are the three "doshas" (aspects) of our constitution. We are each a different mixture of the positive or negative traits mentioned. Much can be done to balance the doshas. Ayurveda has many means for compensating for imbalances in the constitution, and this can help with excessive kundalini symptoms. Particularly helpful are diets and herbal supplements designed to pacify too much fire (pitta) and/or movement (vata) in the body, mind, and emotions, which are classic for kundalini symptoms. You can check out the writings of Deepak Chopra, and others, for more on ayurveda. See the following list of Ayruveda resources (this can also be reached through the links section):

http://www.aypsite.com/ayurveda.html

The second factor affecting the way kundalini moves in us is our lifestyle. Are we doing too much spiritual practice and not getting enough activity? Are we working too much, or not enough? Do we keep enough of the right kind of company that is supportive of our spiritual commitment? Things like this are important. If we are having excessive, or even minor kundalini symptoms, activities that are "grounding" can be helpful. Taking long daily walks with a relaxed mind is one of the best therapies for smoothing out surging kundalini energies. Tai chi, practiced regularly, is very grounding also. Yoga asanas (postures), which we will get into in the next few lessons, can help. Physical exercise in general is good for grounding the energies. A heavier diet during periods of excessive kundalini energies can help ground them. Grounding activities do not do away with kundalini. Rather, they bring in the Shiva component that helps integrate the kundalini energy into our nervous system. Such activities are good to do in addition to spinal breathing, meditation and other advanced yoga practices.

Of course it would be wise to wait until your energies balance out a bit before getting into spinal breathing, etc.

Needless to say what you are going through is profound. I also agree with Axel that you should be cautious in what you mention to people around you, especially doctors/psychiatrists. Western medicine has no clue what is going on when it comes to kundalini and the inner mysteries. I made a mistake 10 years ago of going to a hospital for observation when I had a harsh kundalini awakening after 3 days of intense meditation. They though I was schizophrenic (although there is no history of that in my family) and put me on psych meds that have taken many years to shake off. Once they start you on them it is almost impossible to get off. Better to deal with your unpleasant symptoms in a natural way

Much love,
Marcel
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  7:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Listen to Christi. He has a lot of experience and he has given you the best advice. I would add to not even read about spiritual things for now and don't go to any satsang. Let things calm way down and then much later on you may proceed with caution.
Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  7:42:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi

You are right, maybe i should try to be more down'earth. the burning pain sensation in my tailbone is back again, im feeling very weak,kind of dying is very terrefying feeling. even though when i move the energy to my heart chakra it kind of revitalises me. im confuse now, i don't know what to do. im feeling ddepress, anxious.

This is going to be a long night for me, what you people think should i do? cold shower again?
Im thinkin in taking tea or any other sleeping stimulant. Maybe i'll just lay down and let my body rest like that... Please, this is too much.

Thanks again for any response. It lets me know that things can get right.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  10:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you watch the videos from Guru Siyag? Did you try the mantra?
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  10:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This guy says that watermelon is good, it helps the system. I do now know how valid that is since I have no personal experience with that, but it may we worth a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBAS...feature=plcp
Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2012 :  11:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone for participating it's been very helpful to read other people understanding of what im going through, indeed i only mention this to one friend who is interested in spirituality.. it gets hard to engage in a conversations with persons. Maybe they think im on drugs or something cause im been diferent from who i used to be. im starting to just let it all go and that has given me very insights...

So i'll follow christi advice till i get better, but is very hard as i mention before any kind of breathing stimulates my brain and spine so it's kind impossible, but i have noticed that when i do phisical excercise my breathe doesn't stimulates my spine nor brain that much.
I have been experiencing mixed feelings of anxiety and Bliss. One moment i can be in the present, experiencing the best extacy of life and in the next one i'll be having very terrifying feelings and thoughts... this has happen to me when i get an energy that stimulates me and i feel that it doesn't come from me. It's like i'm more receptive to other people energy or energy moving around and it gets to me... i don't know exactly how to explain this...

I will try to get some sleep tonight it's 11:oopm here in Venezuela. either way i will update tomorrow (Will be the third day with Kundalini) to maintain a log of whats happening. I wish i could be in India or a place where people could help me go through this process... i was thinkin in going to a Yoga center, or Gnosis here near my town but i'm unsure if they could help me.. What are your thoughts on this? Should i go?

Thanks for the kind responses and every advice. Means very much to me.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  04:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lomaximo, this is the link I was refering to:
http://kriyayogainfo.net/files/English%20III.pdf
use the search functionality of the pdf.

Calming music may help you. And perhaps it's best if you back off from practices, so in that sense I don't know if going to those yoga centers or reading spiritual things would help you until things calm down.
No te preocupes, todo va a ir muy bien!

Edited by - Will Power on Apr 29 2012 04:33:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  05:24:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lomaximo,

What you are experiencing is called "run-away kundalini". Another name for it is a "premature kundalini awakening". It is premature because the energy channels in your body are not yet purified enough to handle the voltage of the energy. It is called "run-away" when even the act of breathing stimulates the kundalini energy, making it difficult to calm things down.

The symptoms of a premature kundalini awakening are exactly the ones you are describing... pain in the spine, anxiety alternating with bliss and ecstasy, mood swings, depression, temporary elation, sleeplessness, pressure in the head etc. There are some other symptoms which you have not described and which may come such as migraines, a feeling of itching all over the skin, a burning sensation inside the body, the whole body shaking uncontrollably, a feeling of being ungrounded and so on. I'm not telling you this to alarm you, but so you can recognise it if it happens.

If you cannot sleep, just lie down at night and rest your body. This is what advanced yogis do every night. Drink plenty of water as this will help the energy flow in the nadis. And try not to let the energy disturb you. Remember that it is a natural process of human spiritual transformation, a bit like a re-birth, so just let things happen as they happen. Things will calm down in a few days or weeks, and then you will be faced with the slightly more difficult and challenging question of how to work with this energy in the most beneficial way.

You may well find some good advice at a nearby yoga centre, but remember that not every yoga teacher has personal experience with kundalini, or even book knowledge on the subject. Being kunalini awakened is not one of the criteria for passing a yoga teacher training course, and kundalini is often not even one of the course modules. So when seeking help, make sure the person guiding you knows what they are talking about.

A lot of people have been through what you are going through and gone on to live beautiful lives in a state of ecstatic bliss. So just take things one day at a time at the moment, and keep us posted on how it's going.
Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
DigitalYogi

Yes indeed the watermelon wqas very refreshing for my body, i did watch the videos i try to do the mantra but that just made my energy go wild, but i try some yoga positions which were very good it made me lose some tension i was having in my back.

Will Power

Thanks for the link, i will read it after i finish this post..

Christi

Yes i had those other symptoms like migraine but kind of a pressure in my forehead, i wouldn't call it migraine. Shaking also happens when i feel i'm having my body too tense so i just let that happen the ungrounded feeling is very weird is like i can feel i would go out of my body it seems like at dying sensation, so i just try to maintain grounded. Also i been feeling more thirsty than usual which leads me to drinking a lot of water and finally i have this sense of detachment from material things, it's like material things are not important to me anymore, goals of having certain material things are just not my priority as they used to be.

I had 10 hours of sleep last night which my body very much needed after the physical excercises... I found a way to control the breathing stimulation which is inhaling throuhg the mouth and exhaling throuhg the nose, it still make me feel something but not strong as normal breathing... so i feel the energy is calm now, i still feel the tailbone burning but is not painfull anymore and also i feel more grounded to my body. Will update later

Thanks for everything.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I remember when I had my kundalini experience I remember that the material things really did loose meaning for me. I felt the same way the day after the experience, it is as though my goals changed and I was a different man. I also felt very forgiving and very open. It shows us that the kundalini is really the divine force.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lomaximo,

It sounds like things are improving already. That's good news. It can take a few days/ weeks to get things relatively back to normal, so hang in there and be patient.

I say "relatively" back to normal because things will never be the same as they were before. Now you have a new energy in your life. But with the right knowledge (and spiritual practices), it can be the best thing that ever happened to you. It certainly has been for me.

Keep us updated as things progress...
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  2:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lomaximo,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. I am glad you found this forum - I surely am!

Yes, what you are experiencing is truly miraculous, but you are not alone I have never found as much spiritual support in person as I have online here. My parents are the only people I've known in this lifetime who have explored meditation and the inner secrets. Thank goodness for technology

Wishing you the best on your journey!
Marcel
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2012 :  4:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well the situation calmed now again after agitated frequencies the first time for me this morning.

The advice taking against heat some ice to the tailbone and neck was overlooked. This may release this energy accumulation.

If the hot channel moves from the tailbone to the beginning of the left leg could hint to a use of the bladder channel and this known entrance of external influences on the side channels. But there is obviously also protection.

Axel

Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  09:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
axelschlotzhauer

What exactly did you mean?, my english is my second language and it's difficultto understand advance things...

Marcel

Yes indeed i'm very glad you guys are helping me throuhg all this spiritual journey which has been all very surprising to me. I wrote other forums without answers..

Christi

So you are saying this energy is now always going to be whitin me? I guess i'll have to start adapting myself to this energy which can get easily out of control.

Yesterday was very agitated for me, i went to a concert, worst thing i could do. then in the night i was hanging out with a couple of friends trying to relax myself. But this kundalini is like i'm on marihuana all day. Surely my awareness and consciousness has expanded but sometimes i can get hard pains in my back that can only be taken care of when i relax and do reverse breathing (Inhale through mouth, exhale throuhg nose).
I find once again the way to sleeping yesterday and today i woke up without the kundalini feeling but now has been like 25 minutes and it's kicking on my back into my brain... i need to do some yoga, sometimes i left my self go and i do some yoga spontanuos position which relaxes my tense back muscles and others.
Also i'm having a very hard conflitc whithin my ego and myself. I have been having thoughts that i have to become aware of my ego so i can used it, instead of the ego using me and i think this only can be done if i do a deep meditation which will lead me to self-realization.
But i've read that this is like a death experience and in order to happen you have to surrender to this material world and detach yourself from things so you can be free from everything. But i have been scare of doing this deep meditation and surrender because i can die and then not found my way to life, this is kind of attachment has keeping me avoid from meditation. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks for every reply, it keeps me calm.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where did you read it is like death experience?
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  11:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lomaximo you should not ask for further replies as it is your job and not of others you do not listen to. This no entertainment and having his show on stage.

The frequencies of aggressive musique are not good in a kundalini process and show your instability you described also.
Otherwise you get your medication as I warned you.

Your snake got strong on her staff going again a little bit downwards over the heart in an aggressive mood hissing and snorting in reaction to me.

Now it is again like a lovely girl. Personal circumstances are part of the process.

Axel

Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  12:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
DigitalYogi

I think i hear it from an osho speak in youtube or maybe from a book of him, i can't remember but this is the impression i got.

axelschlotzhauer

I'm seriuosly finding a hard time to understand you, what medication are you talking about? it would be better if you can write more straight forward to me. What reaction towards you are you talking about? Talk to me more about this whole process.

Can someone explain me what is this kundalini process then, i thought this kundalini thing was suppose to be permanent. i'm so confused my kundalini now gets very intense if a stress myself and it can be calm if i relax myself... i'm more aware of karma now, like if people attention towards me can affect my state of being.

:)
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  1:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lomaximo,

You're not listening.
Please re-read the good replies you have gotten from Christi and others. Chill. Do lots of grounding work. Good luck and take care of yourself.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  1:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Axelschlotzhauer is using an online translator to translate from German to English and the meaning is sometimes lost and it is hard to understand.

Yeah make sure you keep your mind on positive things. And eat lots of watermelon ;-)
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear lomaximo

if a doctor is testing you he checks if you can hear and understand him or tells paranoically big experiences seeing himself as the greatest being lastly proud on them but asking in the same moment for help.

It is a speciality of Tibetan lamas admitting and attracting very ill people hugging Geshe Rabten sitting for meditation in his room, walking and speaking with them. Sogyal Rinpoche attracted a totally desorientated person not able to deal with his audience.

So he showed him the way to a place near to his seat before him. He asked in a commanding voice: "Can you hear me? Do you understand what I say? "

You have no big kundalini problem and a spiritual chance. But your psychic underground can create in your fears and anxieties a real problem where by prudent behavior is none.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  1:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok i will stay grounded. Is just that i start wandering and makes me thinks all sort of things and this constant extacy is overwhelming for me and you have to understand that i was kind of shoked as i was very skeptick regarding religions and spirituality now all my beliefs are shaken and now i'm looking for a spiritual belief to rely on... I've never felt more alive than now.
Greets everyone
Will update later then.

:)
Go to Top of Page

lomaximo

Venezuela
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  2:01:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody has told me is this going to be permanent or temporary? You all give me advice to do certain things as if this will be temporal...
Right now my back is not so tense the burning sensation is almost gone but still there in my tailbone and if aroused it gets painfull and i can feel the energy coming through the spine... But i will follow the advices and maintain myself grounded and do as possible for not arousing the kundalini but it's hard when just breathing stimulates it.

Greets.
Go to Top of Page

DigitalYogi

Canada
34 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  4:33:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think anyone knows if this is temporary on permanent. Only time will tell.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2012 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lomaximo,

Sounds like you are doing fine. As others have said, stay calm and relax. Things will get easier every day. The burning sensation will gradually lessen, and the feelings of paranoia and fear will also subside. As for the ecstasy, you will get more used to it, and able to handle it better.

Kundalini as a process of awakening. It can awaken in a dramatic manner in the beginning, as you are experiencing. For others, the initial awakening can be more gentle with less fireworks. But the whole process of awakening can take many years. That doesn't mean you will be going through what you are going through now for many years. The difficulties you are having now should subside within a few days or weeks if you follow the advice already given above. But the process of awakening to the divine life, which is the purpose of kundalini, takes many years.

Don't worry about meditation for now. First of all, stabilize your body so that you can feel relaxed and not be in pain. Then you will be able to begin meditation. It is in lesson 13 on this website.

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000