Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Am I having a Kundalini Awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SkepticalJay

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  10:37:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys, I wanted to post my experience here to see if anyone has an insight into what is going on. Six months ago I had a sudden rush of symptoms completely out of nowhere. Originally, I thought they were caused because I had hit my head the day prior, not that hard really (didn't even get a bump), but I thought it was one of those freak things.

My original symptoms was this intense feeling of mental fogginess/lightheadedness, intense fatigue, never feeling rested enough, intense feelings of anxiety and fear. After experiencing this phenomenon for four days, I actually went to the emergency room. The docs ran a CT Scan and found nothing wrong with my head. I told them I had bumped my head a few days earlier, so they diagnosed me with Post-Concussion Syndrome having no other leads to go on. Since then, the severe mental and cognitive symptoms have subsided but mild symptoms remain.

Since my original ER visit, over the last 6 months, I have seen doctors for numerous issues. Due to enduring mental and cognitive symptoms, I had a full MRI of the brain. Nothing. Tested for Lyme Disease. Negative. And then three weeks ago I developed intense muscle cramps and stiffness in my legs. I could barely walk. Another trip to the doctors, they found that my liver and muscle enzymes were high. They monitored my progress for another week, the pain went away as quickly as it had come, and then my enzyme levels returned to normal. My doctor was baffled and basically just dismissed my condition as "most likely, just some strange infection".

I feel pressure building in my head sometimes, especially around the temples and the top of my head. During times when I feel that anxiety come on, I feel this building of energy in my spine right at the base of my skull. Like energy is just building at that point. Also, when it's really quiet, I can hear this internal sound like a hissing. This hissing sound has been so loud recently that I've been having trouble falling asleep at night. If I concentrate I feel like the source is from the spine, right where it connects to the skull (same place I feel that build up of energy).

I have experienced some pretty wild mood swings, upbeat one day and then feeling really depressed, usually because these experiences leave me confused and I feel like they'll never go away.

I now also have a low tolerance for alcohol and caffeine. I used to drink quite regularly, but not I can't handle the stuff nearly as well. I recently drank heavily despite this and I feel like it brought on even more lightheadedness and spacey feelings that have lingered a week afterward. Basically, I get nothing out of drinking alcohol anymore so don't plan to drink it in the future.

I have experienced sleep paralysis periodically throughout my life, but this past week I have had an episode every night. I realize that auditory hallucinations in this state are common, but I haven't experienced them in years. Recently, however, in my sleep paralysis state I have heard whispers as well as an experience of being "moved". Now, I have not ACTUALLY moving, but I experience myself as moving in the half dream state that is sleep paralysis. Yesterday, in this state, I heard a voice whisper my name and then I was "pulled" towards the sound of that voice. The duration of the sleep paralysis experience also seems to last longer than it has in the past for me.

These symptoms are definitely affecting my life. I get by at work, but I often feel spacey and like I'm really struggling. Unfortunately, I have a wife and a child on the way and they need the income I provide. It's also an isolating experience because it is difficult to convey to others what I am experiencing.

Thanks for listening to my story. What I really want is some advice. I make no assumptions that this is a Kundalini experience and I'm not looking for anyone to affirm something I already suspect. I am requesting a real, honest assessment from someone here. No BS.

And if I do have some kind of Kundalini Awakening going on, what should I do about it?

Edited by - SkepticalJay on Sep 22 2012 11:05:05 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2012 :  11:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely sounds like energy moving within, especially based on the symptoms you describe during sleep and the pressure in the head. In AYP, these symptoms all fall under the umbrella category of "scenery", and self-pacing is applied to deal with the flow...which leads to the next question: are you practicing Deep Meditation and Spinal Breathing? I had a strong kundalini surge a couple years ago, and I found AYP because I was seeking both a balance and a further expansion of this rising energy.

The main thing is that inner silence provides a cooling, calming effect to balance the wildness of kundalini, hence the importance and effectiveness of daily deep meditation. And spinal breathing will evenly distribute the kundalini energy throughout your spinal column (which is a microcosm of existence).

Meditation cultivates stillness, which is the foundation of all energy. Energy without this foundation can be volatile, confused, lacking a sense of being at home. Re-acquaint the energy with stillness, and the problem is solved. The union of Shiva and Shakti consummates the marriage of cool stillness and hot energy. Merged--they form a sublime hybrid of serene vibration. Stillness in action. Engaging the flow.

Do not fear. Your individual unfolding and awakening is forever related to the rest of the species, and there are a plethora of people who are experiencing many similar changes in their life. AYP is a great touchstone and baseline to move forward in a comfortable, enjoyable, and ever-expanding way. Godspeed, and remember the importance of stillness.
Go to Top of Page

machi

Belgium
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2012 :  04:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit machi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Without recommending you specific exercises, what you should do is to start practising yoga (if you already don't). It helps to prepare both mind and body for kundalini. It is very important that you are "in balance", otherwise it might become a bumpy ride...

That being said, accept the rising of kundalini as a special grace. It's not always easy, I know this by my own experience, but it's not supposed to be easy. Flowers don't grow well in the desert, you need to put some sh*t to make them grow. Internal/external conflicts are a prerequisite to make kundalini grow. If it becomes too difficult to handle, ask yourself/your self "who" makes it a problem and "why".

Concerning your family, I believe it is important that you talk about it openly. Perhaps they think you are somewhat "off the mark", but it is important that (a) you can talk about it and (b) that they know... It's not important (at least that is what I believe) to tell them all the details, but if strange things happen (don't feel much like eating, headaches, wanting to isolate for a few hours, staying up all night, etc), it's important that you can relate this to your "condition". I do that with my spouse and it has been a great help and support.

Welcome and the best of luck

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2012 :  03:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jay,

Kundalini is sexual energy turned inward and upward, it is inner sensuality, it is a shift in body awareness toward a more subtle energy aspect of our neurobiology. I agree with the earlier comments: sounds like you are awakening to what we here call kundalini.

The knock on the head may have contributed to your noticing an inner shift, but my guess is that having a baby on the way, and all that goes with that shift -- perhaps a change in your sex life -- is contributing to the rise of inner energy in your body/mind. Sounds to me like this time in your life is awesome, and beautiful as well as stressful.

In the context of a meditative lifestyle, kundalini is ideally wedded with inner silence, pure bliss consciousness and it becomes above all, and in all, the power of divine love, or if you are skeptical of anything divine, perhaps we might call it the evolutionary tilt of the cosmos toward peaceful unity.

In any case, with Kundalini, it is helpful to trust that something good is happening, something benign (see footnote).

Sounds like you have health insurance, but does it cover alternative medicine? Given that you are here, I am guessing not. Regardless, a lot of alt health is explicitly oriented toward such inner energies, and toward paths to optimal wellness. Acupuncture, for example, is one mode of intervention that I have found helpful in integrating and enjoying such energies.

All the best!

Footnote:

be·nign
[bih-nahyn]
adjective
having a kindly disposition; gracious: a benign king.
showing or expressive of gentleness or kindness: a benign smile.
favorable; propitious: a series of benign omens and configurations in the heavens.
(of weather) salubrious; healthful; pleasant or beneficial.
Pathology . not malignant; self-limiting.

Edited by - bewell on Sep 25 2012 03:24:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

googlue

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  02:36:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When the kundalini becomes active spontaneously, it can feel isolating and rather out of control. It is important to find a realized and capable teacher who can help you use the kundalini in the best way and teach you ways to avoid some of the side effects that you describe, especially when it comes to your responsibilities with your family. My teacher, Shri Anandi Ma of the Kundalini Maha Yoga lineage, teaches very practical and useful techniques to handle these energies once they are awakened, so that not only can you avoid it becoming manifested during really inconvenient moments (such as at work), but you also learn traditional yogic techniques that use this energy to grow and transform yourself in ways that will be incredibly positive for you and those around you. These techniques include breathing practices, the use of sound energy through mantra repetition, and meditation. In our lineage, these teachings begin with an initiation called shaktipat, a traditional ceremony that links teacher and student, where she teaches two powerful mantras and some of the practical techniques to control and utilize the kundalini energy once it is awakened. I would highly suggest seeking out a true and capable teacher, whomever that may be for you. There is no reason to go through this in isolation, when so many have walked this path before and can help light your way.

I wish you the best on your journey!
Go to Top of Page

matthew70

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  2:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit matthew70's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jay,

I'm not able to say it is or it isn't an awakening of kundalini. Although, it sounds like many of the symptoms are similar to others who have had this happen. I also had an awakening just over 5 months ago and it was related to being struck in the head during a dream. I felt energy flowing up my spine and into my head immediately, and I woke up at the same time and it was still occurring. It went from a dream state into reality all at once. My understanding is that one way in which this is initiated is through near death or traumatic experiences. In my case, I think this only took it to the next level and was not the actual beginning of my awakening.

What struck me in your posting was that you mentioned about a hissing sound. I too have experienced a very gentle, but high pitched hissing, similar to what a flat tire might sound like as air is released...only more concentrated and quieter. It sounds weird, I know. This seems to occur at various times, maybe as the energy begins to flow again in new ways or something. And, it's more noticeable during meditation and quiet.

I will also say this, and no disrepect to others who have replied to your post...I don't think yoga or seeking a teacher is necessarily of any benefit to you during this time, if in fact you are going through a kundalini awakening. While this might be helpful to some, I don't believe it is a universal prescription for getting one through the difficult times. Having said that, I do believe you need to take care of your physical body, do some light and consistent exercises, meditate when you feel you need to, and read up on this sort of thing from many different perspectives. You need to make this your OWN. My belief is that this is the reason why it has occurred, because you have done just the right things to bring it about. You need to get in touch with your intuition and feelings, and do what you feel you need to do. What helped me immensely in the beginning was grounding myself by going for walks outside and listening to music or watching a little tv. These things sound mundane, but help to bring you down to your physical world, during those times when you feel completely out of it.

Believe too, that if this is what it is...your body is capable of dealing with it. Believe that it must have the intelligence to know what is too much for your physical body to deal with, and then, this belief along manifests itself into reality, thus alleviating extreme symptoms within your body.

I hope this helps you.

Matthew

Edited by - matthew70 on Oct 09 2012 3:34:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000