Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini Awakening and Self-Realization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ddd

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  03:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I joined these forums to discuss my experiences with kundalini.

Though I spent a year practicing Iyengar yoga and about 3 years practicing Ashtanga Vinyasa, I am no longer interested in yoga per se, nor do I practice it.

My experiences with kundalini occurred after I had stopped practicing yoga.

Since I'm not interested in yoga per se, I don't know if I'm in the right place here. I'm not looking for advice. I think I mainly want some empathy and camaraderie, and thought I might find it here.

To make a long story short:

I stumbled into a kundalini awakening in my quest for spiritual enlightenment.

After many years of spiritual inquiry, I suppose I was ready. My primary spiritual teacher suggested simply letting go of control. I let go, my whole body started convulsing, and I started speaking in tongues.

The convulsions and babbling have continued for more than 5 years now, whenever I am relaxed and undistracted. They are gradually becoming less intense and less uncomfortable, but they continue nonetheless.

I have been declared enlightened by a revered teacher who is allegedly enlightened himself. Ironically, enlightenment does not seem to immediately extinguish all kundalini or lead to ever-lasting bliss. It seems I had a ton of kundalini in me, and it's taking awhile to exhaust itself.

It's quite uncomfortable, at times. It feels like an itch I can't fully scratch. But it also feels like a release to let the kundalini move through me.

I hope the kundalini exhausts itself before I die, sooner rather than later. But I also realize that it is completely outside of my control. Practices are no longer relevant for me. It is now in the hands of Tao, so to speak, and happens spontaneously and involuntarily.

I have not yet met anyone experiencing anything particularly similar to what I'm experiencing. I have met people who experience kundalini, but not people who experience kundalini who are self-realized. This leaves me feeling somewhat lonely and alienated, despite the fact that I am now very much at peace with myself. I suppose that is why I am sharing my experience here, with the hope of receiving some empathy from people who can perhaps relate, or at least, to some extent, understand.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 3:51:42 PM

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  03:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello ddd
please check the following thread:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11226
all the best!
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2012 :  08:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ddd,

Kundalini (or the energy) is always there, no matter what we percieve ourselves to be. We are also the energy and not separate from it. For many, energy is just more easily noticed as it "runs into" issues/obstructions/attachments stored in the body.

With greater clarity, the energy grows and refines... But, it is always there...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000