Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 I may have had a spontaneous Kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

canonfine

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, and here is my story.

I used to have no idea what Kundalini is, and would not have believed in it at all, until I started feeling the symptoms of it at the beginning of this year.

I took a tab of LSD for the first time on January 1st and for the first two weeks afterwards I had the worst anxiety of my life. I felt like I was on the verge of a psychotic break and there were days where I couldn't leave my bed.

After those two weeks of hyperawareness and feeling extremely strange, other symptoms began to kick in. First I started feeling extremely guilty and horrible for things I have done in the past that have never caused me guilt before, and soon I wasn't able to keep myself from crying a lot of the time.

Next, my left foot began vibrating all of the time. My left leg and foot always felt as though energy was shooting through them, and sometimes the whole left side of my body and face would feel like they were burning.

I began practicing transcendental meditation for twenty minutes twice a day near the middle of January in an attempt to relax my body and mind from what I thought was anxiety, and then this began aggravating more symptoms. The burning in the left side of my body became almost constant, I began constantly itching across my entire body and feeling immense pressures in my skull, my joints became sore, my guts began to hurt and I began feeling constantly constipated, with my bowel movements almost black when they actually happen. I began switching between being too fatigued to function to too energetic to keep a hold on any single thought.

I started feeling intense love and a connectedness for people around me, alternating with periods of extreme fear and paranoia. I began to have a sense of disassociation, not an uncomfortable one like I was used to from anxiety, but one that makes it feel more like I am a presence going along for a ride in a human body, watching the show. And my dreams are more vivid and beautiful than anything I've ever experienced before.

So-- all of this was happening and I started to wonder what was going on. I went to see my doctor, but he can barely speak English. When he came into his office for the appointment his first words were "Hello sir, if you can tell me what is wrong with you then I can start to do this for you." I explained my symptoms along with the LSD incident and my meditation and he just looked in my eyes and ears and sent me to get bloodwork done.

But then I googled my symptoms to see if they were related at all, and I found out about spontaneous Kundalini awakenings. I saw that these are likely to arise in people with extreme stress and a highly traumatic history, which matches me.

I don't know what to do next though, it is totally interfering with my everyday life. My emotions are so overwhelming now, and even when I feel ecstatic my body is in great discomfort. I am wondering if anyone here has any advice on how I may proceed, whether it be by finding a way to get rid of this Kundalini Syndrome or by proceeding through with it to clear my blocked energy channels...I really know nothing about energy, chakras or spirituality at all, and I was not prepared for this!

Thanks so much for reading.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 4:11:15 PM

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2012 :  10:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Canonfine, welcome to the forum...

Sounds like you have got an awakening. You are in right place, and more experienced people may give you useful advices. In the mean time, you may go through the lesson 69 in the below link:

http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  10:22:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Canonfine,

Thats Kundalini awakening.From the lessons you try spinal breathing and meditation.

And just start with the lessons and donot bother if you havent got any ideas about chakras etc
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2012 :  2:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Canonfine,
you could try a shorter meditation with breath awareness only, which should bring the inner silence more to the forefront in daily life, which is said to help ride through the symptoms. I can't say more as I don't have experience with this, but from my readings it seems the symptoms can vary per person based on the unique obstructions. Also, when things do settle down a bit, the practices you find in the lessons (Start Lessons Here on left side of page under Key Lessons) like spinal breathing offer both grounding and opening at the same time which might be helpful, as would other things like eating a heavier meal, exercise, Taiji, and putting some distance from the symptoms by trying to engage in daily life.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  8:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is NOT kundalini awakening, but a "bum trip", and, no doubt, whatever it is you DID take a tab of on New Year's Day is extremely unlikely to have been Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, or LSD, as nobody makes decent, chemically pure LSD today. I taught for decades in a school for mentally ill adolescents, and we always had our share of kids who, like you, also thought they had taken "LSD". It generally made then very mentally/emotionally unstable, fragile, unable to function normally, hence they got put in our special school--a "reform school" or "nut house", whatever you wish to call it. When I was young, in the late 1960s and early 1970s, I did take (quite a lot of) actual LSD, and it does not have the effects you describe. However, there are several substances going around today that are various combinations of amphetamines, anti-anxiety drugs, tranquilizers and other odd pharmaceuticals, and these phony combo drugs being passed off as "LSD" are known to produce just such effects as you describe.

I can also evaluate you experience in the light of my own 40+ year practice of Meditation, my training as a TM teacher with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, and the kundalini awakening I had 7 years ago as a result of my many decades of training, study and practice. It does not sound quite correct to me in terms of anything having to do with kundalini, but seems rather to be mostly the aftereffects of the drug you took. Bum Trip, Hobo Journey, call it what you like--this could take months to fade significantly. I recommend a LOT of heavy physical exercise to cleanse your blood and body of poisons, one day per week of fasting, for the same purpose, and two brief, 10-minute sessions morning and afternoon, of your mantra meditation. You will likely experience some roughness during meditation--shaking, twitching, vibrating, etc--this is the heavy stress of your bad trip getting out of your body. Sleep as much as you can, 8-10 hrs/night, and eat the healthiest foods you can, but avoid garlic and onions, relying largely on things such as fresh fruits, vegetables and herbs, dairy products, grains and legumes for the bulk of your diet. You should begin to feel more and more normal in a couple of weeks, and within a couple of months this should all have faded mostly away.
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000