Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Can any sadhana help in attracting a girl?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogesh

It is more innocent than you think / It's kinda like women in India praying to Goddess Katyayani to help get a good husband..

Yogesh,

I so much want to agree with you, you will be correct in 90% of the instances. But, sometimes things just go beyond the level of insanity. I hate to give bad news, still I think you can have a look at the news in the following link.

http://www.assamtribune.com/scripts...ov1111/oth07

Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  12:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

@ Mikananda, is this what you mean by the right deception or the right needy?

Greetings Swan

Is it right to need GOD? Or should we do as some, saying "I do not need GOD. I can do this do all by myself." For it is not by works of rightousness we are saved, but by the washing and re-generation of the holy ghost. The Vedas say; That 25% is our effort, 25% is the guru, and 50% is GOD. I am sure that Divine Mother is very happy that we have come along and are able to correct those poor mis-guided yogis who have come before us. That all this stuff about needing GOD and a living guru is just so out date and a bunch of nonsense.

Now, as for what I mean by right deception. That is a little harder to describe. Let me see if I can put this way, as I stated earlier, where one sees something as having signs, there is deception. But one can not leap into not seeing things as having no signs. There is progression from seeing signs to not seeing signs. Recognizing this is using right deception (it bring in the ideas of unattachment and the witness state). Many who are not into yoga and these teachings view themselves as being the body. This would be a wrong deception. Seeing that we are more than the body. Is a right deception. In that by saying "I am not the body." I am still holding on to the idea of a "I", a deception. For in truth there is no self that exists without everything else. For me to exist everything else must exist, and for everything else to exist I must exist. This is the notion of Dependant Co-arising.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  12:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogesh

I think it's more like 99.9% frankly....

namaskar

Okkey...

Love
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  12:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Mikananda,

Do I need god? – if I am to ask this, I need to assume that I have a choice. This is something my heart does not accept. It feels like god is very much around me, making me do things, taking me through thin and thick, treating me with carrot and stick, but just won’t show up. So I answer it with ‘God only knows’.

quote:

as for what I mean by right deception. That is a little harder to describe. Let me see if I can put this way, as I stated earlier, where one sees something as having signs, there is deception. But one can not leap into not seeing things as having no signs. There is progression….

I agree that words are limitation. However, I really think that you have made it clearer. This is what I understood from it – we are living in a web of deceptions and we need to cut through those to arrive at the next level of deceptions, and this is fine if the direction is right – towards the truth. And even if I do not recognize, inner guru/witness will know the right direction. BTW, what do you mean by ‘seeing things as having signs/no signs’?

Thanks and Love
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  06:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Swan for engaging in this discussion.

I find that it is helping me to better understand and refine what I am thinking and I hope it is doing the same for you. Your understanding of what I said is most correct. First of all, I would like to say that I do not regard myself as superior. What do I have that I did not receive? And if I received it. Why would I boast as if I had not. As for signs/no signs. These are terms that are used to mean how one distinquishs one thing from another. For example, lets take a chair. For when I see a chair I say; Awe, I am seeing a chair. But if one looks deeper at the chair, one sees that the chair is sitting in a room, the room is in a house, the house is in a city, the city is in a State, the State is in a nation, the nation is on the earth, the earth is part of a solar system, so forth. In addition, one would see that to have a chair there must be a factory, that factory must have people, those people have parents, and so forth. Again arriving to the notion of co-arising. A thing can not exist by it's self.

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 02 2011 07:15:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda
I think it is much quicker and more easier to just have allot of money

Humpfh!

Big bank accounts can come and go, but a man who knows and loves himself is a great find indeed. For how can a man love me with all of my own quirks and foibles if he cannot love himself? There's nothing like being loved and accepted unconditionally.

Yes, there is a type of woman you can get with money - but you will eventually be sorry. . .
Thanks whippoorwill, this helped me greatly for something entirely different than finding a woman!
I know myself, but really wasn't loving myself much because I figured "I" don't matter. I loved everyone else, and all the spiritual talk here about getting rid of the ego, etc. contributed to it.
Recently I have been tuning into something in my body I had not noticed before. Sometimes I feel a very subtle discomfort I didn't understand. Now I know it is my body wanting me to do something different.
Hard to describe, but now I know it has to do with loving myself, and that is more important than I thought.
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swan said:

Do I need god? – if I am to ask this, I need to assume that I have a choice. This is something my heart does not accept. It feels like god is very much around me, making me do things, taking me through thin and thick, treating me with carrot and stick, but just won’t show up. So I answer it with ‘God only knows’.

Swanji

This brings into question the purpose of life. Why have this show in the first place? How and why has the one become the many? What is the point of all this? Why does evil exist? And so forth. Almost all responses introduce the idea that; This is like a movie meant for our entertainment (and GOD's). There is this notion of falling from grace. Orginal sin. That we chose this. It is interesting to consider when we bring in the idea of karma. Yoga science says that we chose our parents and conditions. Selecting those conditions that best workout our karma. It also says that our state of consciousnes at the time of death, determines our next life. In essence, our whole present life is to develop that state of consciousness for that time. As for why? Better to ask; why not?

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 02 2011 07:44:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda
I think it is much quicker and more easier to just have allot of money

Humpfh!

Big bank accounts can come and go, but a man who knows and loves himself is a great find indeed. For how can a man love me with all of my own quirks and foibles if he cannot love himself? There's nothing like being loved and accepted unconditionally.

Yes, there is a type of woman you can get with money - but you will eventually be sorry. . .
Thanks whippoorwill, this helped me greatly for something entirely different than finding a woman!
I know myself, but really wasn't loving myself much because I figured "I" don't matter. I loved everyone else, and all the spiritual talk here about getting rid of the ego, etc. contributed to it.
Recently I have been tuning into something in my body I had not noticed before. Sometimes I feel a very subtle discomfort I didn't understand. Now I know it is my body wanting me to do something different.
Hard to describe, but now I know it has to do with loving myself, and that is more important than I thought.

Yes, thank you for your reply and input whippoorwill

I fully agree with what you said. That is truly what we are all seeking in a relationship. However, I have seen many people who spend their entire life waiting for Mr. Right or Mrs Right. The time passes and they have missed out in finding a mate. In the majority cases one does not jump into a perfect relationship, rather the relationship develops that way. Starting out for not so noble purposes. As to loving ones self. That brings to mind the five remembrances:

1) I am of the nature to grow old. There is no way to escape growing old.

2) I am of the nature to have ill health. There is no way to escape ill health.

3) I am of the nature to die. There is no way to escape death.

4) All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.

5) My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand

We can not depend on any outside condition for our happiness.

P.S. Is Humpfh a word? I think it means; "You stupid idiot!"

Edited by - Mikananda on Dec 02 2011 09:14:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  10:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether and Mikananda! I've been out a few days and just saw your posts.

@ Ether: I'm so happy!

@ Mikananda:
"Humpfh" is an onomatopoeia -- a word that imitates a sound. The sound, in this case, is a derisive snort, and your interpretation is will serve you well.

and
quote:
We can not depend on any outside condition for our happiness.

I think you're absolutely right, and I think it applies to mates as well, whether we're seeking them or sharing our lives with them. All we can do is forgive, love, and work on ourselves.

I could be wrong, but it seems to fit experience pretty well....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000