Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Solo Tantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  07:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. Can anyone give advice on how to practice solo tantra in relation to AYP assuming we are doing full set of practices. Thanks you.

Edited by - AYPforum on May 21 2016 9:03:12 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  09:13:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna,

There are many different safe and effective ways/timings that you can incorporate solo tantra into your practices, but what is going to work for you will entirely depend on your sensitivity level (IMO). If you are really undersensitive you could start your routine with some solo tantra, using the holdback method, and from there work into your full AYP routine. This, in my experience, can be extremely powerful and easy to overdo.

You could also just use solo tantra as an "adjunct" to your practices and use it not at the same time as the rest of your routine. This would look something more like just practicing tantra when you feel the inclination, not necessarily in conjunction with the rest of your AYP routine. This is probably the best way to do it if you are even reasonably sensitive to the AYP practices. Less chance of overdoing things.

Hope this helps.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Carson. Use solo tantra apart from your usual meditation routine when your constitution and Bhakti is strong, as exciting prana in this way can easily lead to overload. You may also consider employing the throat lock, and maybe some solar centering, to keep too much energy from going to the head.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Siddhasana, a sitting posture which stimulates the perineum, is good for sending the sexual energy upward (which is the purpose of solo tantra): http://www.aypsite.org/75.html
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - May 24 2016 :  11:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your replies. Maybe I should have asked 'how to do solo tantra' and 'what does it involve"???
Thank you Bodhi Tree. When I said I use full set of AYP practices, I meant that siddhasana is included.
I am thinking in adding on more to my already full set of practices. Definitely under-sensitive.
Cheers.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  06:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna

Yogani can explain solo tantra best; here's the link to the tantra lessons index: http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000