Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Masturbation for energy release?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  10:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello AYP Forum,

I happened to awaken Kundalini in January and experienced some energy excesses. While things have relatively stabilised, I am trying to figure out when and if I should masturbate.

The times masturbation brings relief is when my sex drive is low to non-existent and I'm guessing it functions as an energy release. However, it's strange because I don't know when exactly to masturbate.

I've also noticed that masturbating when there is lust in my mind (rarely these days) leads to a sort of negative train of thought - it seems to trigger a loop where the ego becomes more active again and takes a few weeks to re-establish a "spiritual" feeling.

I'm looking for advice on how to manage seminal fluid and if at all I should. I've experienced what seems to be like seminal fluid traveling upward and spilling into the brain at times.

Thank you!

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  05:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  06:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Pranar,

If things have stabilized for you then there is no need to be using orgasm with ejaculation to try to manage energetic excesses. As you have found, it can lead to a loss of prana and a feeling of spiritual and energetic depletion that can last for days, or even weeks.

So being prudent with sex and refraining from losing semen is a wiser choice. That does not mean that you need to go completely the other way and become celibate. That can be experienced as a form of repression which can also have negative effects. So finding a balance, whilst preserving most of your energy (prana) for spiritual purposes is the best way forward.

And yes, as you have discovered, sexual fluid and energy can move upwards through the body. This is caused by the kundalini energy creating a kind of "pull" or "draw" on the fluid, causing the fluids to be drawn up naturally into the bladder. This can happen to both men and women. From there, the prana from the fluid is drawn further upwards, mixing with other forms of prana in the body and is eventually drawn up to the brain and the higher centres (chakras). It can even trickle out of the higher chakras giving a sensation of honey, or liquid light, dripping from the crown or third eye, or down the back of the throat into the mouth.

If this is happening, it is something that should be nurtured. It is very purifying for the subtle body. The liquid coming up from the manipura chakra to the brain is called soma and the liquid coming down from the higher centres is called amrita.

This process will not happen if you lose sexual energy through orgasm with ejaculation. So nurturing this process by refraining from orgasm is very beneficial.

The whole process of retaining sexual energy in order to support a spiritual awakening is covered in the 80 tantra lessons starting here:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/T1.html

The information is also available in the Tantra book by Yogani.

You may also find these lessons helpful:

Lesson 51: Strange gurglings

Lesson 133: Nectar

and this one:

Lesson T60 - Natural Vajroli and Whole Body Ecstasy

and also this page from my site:

Amrita: The divine nectar

Christi
Go to Top of Page

pranar

India
53 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  07:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for taking the time out to help Christi!

Edited by - pranar on Jun 07 2016 07:18:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000