Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Celibacy and health
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gnosis0

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  10:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

I'm a 30yr old man with 7 or so years of serious meditation practice. About 3 years ago my sex drive lessened considerably on it's own, but is still functioning.

I feel I could live without ever ejaculating again if need be, but my question is: If I am going to get horny and masturbate or have sex, is it better to ejaculate so as to lessen pressure in the genitals and prostate?

Presumably a skilled tantric practioner could easily send this energy up the spine and away from this area, but I have little experience with this and it's not really the type of practice I'm involved in.

Do I have to cultivate this type of skill in order to stop the build up of unreleased sexual energy in the prostate/genitals causing harm?

Thanks!

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  8:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ejaculation is healthy for the prostate. You are still in the youth of your life. Sending sexual energy into the higher realms will take care of itself if meditation continues to be strong.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  10:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good advice. Bhakti will guide the upward flow; in the meantime abstain as you can, and release if you must, without an ounce of shame or judgement. I favor offering up the release in a devotional manner to cover all the bases.
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis0

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2016 :  05:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000