Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Skipping a Pranayama session vs Spilling semen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  12:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In my experience I always lose semen to wet dream if I sleep right after a Yoga session. I have been suffering from insomnia and last night I gave up after tossing & turning for 3 hours and started doing things. In the morning though I started feeling very sleepy. It presented a difficult problem - if I slept now I would sleep till atleast afternoon and morning Yoga would become afternoon Yoga. If I did Yoga first & then slept I would lose semen. I thought I would do the Yoga, and then struggle through the day without sleeping. But after Yoga I was so overwhelmingly drowsy I hit the bed without thinking and slept off, and as always lost the precious semen to wet dream.
This ruined my day with guilt. On introspecting I would much rather have skipped the Pranayama & did only the meditation and gone to sleep, rather than lose weeks of cultivation the way I did. Right?

Edited by - FakeYogi on Apr 18 2015 12:27:08 PM

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  1:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In my experience I always lose semen to wet dream if I sleep right after a Yoga session.

This is a phase and will pass. My vote would be get your sleep and do yoga after. There should be no guilt in missing a session of yoga, or spilling semen for that matter. That "precious cultivation" was bound to end at some point; when you fall off of a wagon, you chase it down and climb aboard again. Retaining semen is a worthy spiritual goal, but attaching to strict adherence and 'not failing at all costs' weighs down spiritual progress more than any occasional loss of semen
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  3:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For a different perspective, a man leaves behind a single cell and the rest of him dies. That single cell is the sperm which produces another human being. No other cell is as special as this cell.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  8:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FakeYogi,

skip the fake, practice like a yogi no matter what, the semen problem will dissolve earlier or later for granted. We all went through it, and only thanks to the continuing practice.

And as a student, there were many days where I got up later than I should. And then the first thing was yoga, and life did unfold best.

Look at it practically, if you do not sleep life will earlier or later make you fall asleep or dead :P, so sleep comes first. After sleep you have two options, either to jump into life the way you left sleep or to make use of that freshness to add yet another freshness and then to jump into life. With the added freshness not only your experience will be fresh, but everyones experience with you will also be additionally fresh :)

If you bring this freshness of practice into your bed-time, what else do you expect to happen? :D The classic advice is to first sleep then to practice anyway, or in other words not to practice right before going to sleep, except if its your second practice of the day and you came home so late that this is the only option. Loosing semen occasionally this way will never be a problem neither in the midterm, nor in the longterm.

The guilt-feeling is just a hint that your life-energies have not yet build up to a level where the drop of semen will not disturb your joy. Your continuous practice will change this situation sooner than later.

A last hint from here, these semen things happened here quite often several years ago too, from then on from time to time. As learned from Yogani, the body here got the habit to either squeeze the perineum and/or to instantly press it with the fingers and by that to stop the ejaculation. And it worked pretty fine :)

No worry and happy practice friend! :)
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  02:11:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well I'm guilty of a lot of things - starting from causing my insomnia that caused the incident.
I don't buy that losing semen is no big deal. Everyone offers the same advice on this forum. But Yogani's lesson http://www.aypsite.org/T5.html clearly states ejaculation more than once in 2 weeks is not good. Read my 2nd post about the sacredness of semen. Anyway the purpose of starting this thread is for the question is it really worth squeezing in a Pranayama session when there is going to be a high risk of emission. Because going forward I'm going to skip it, I'm convinced that it is not worth doing the Pranayama only to lose semen.
You say this is a thing that will pass with progress, but in reality this is the very thing that will prevent progress from happening in the first place - too frequent emissions. Think about it - that one little sperm cell knows how to swim to an egg and create a new human being. It is the most miraculous thing in creation, period. It probably also knows to do equally miraculous things if reabsorbed into the brain of oneself. Losing so much miracle x millions of sperm cells can't not affect spiritual progress.

Edited by - FakeYogi on Apr 19 2015 04:02:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  06:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FakeYoga, I am sorry but I can't suggest anything since my experience is totally dfferemt from yours.

May I ask you why you think that skipping pranayama will solve the semen issue? What is the link between the two?

Whish you find a solution.
Go to Top of Page

FakeYogi

India
100 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  11:30:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ecdyonurus

Hi FakeYoga, I am sorry but I can't suggest anything since my experience is totally dfferemt from yours.

May I ask you why you think that skipping pranayama will solve the semen issue? What is the link between the two?

Whish you find a solution.

Because the wet dream is caused by the Pranayama. I have verified the link countless times.
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  6:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yoga is like acar. just because you take ur foot off the gas doesnt mean you stop moving. and yes ideally we want a car with no radiator oil gas or transmission fluid (whats a comma?) leaks but the car is still going to drive with them aswell. also theres no reason to think its harmful to have a wet dream? i say do your sadhana competely(pranyama n meditation) and leave this problem up to God. Fluid preservation is important, but not extremely important. you're sadhana may rot without pranayama unless kundalini is already very dynamic in you.

Edited by - adishivayogi on Apr 19 2015 8:27:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  8:38:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adishivayogi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fake yogi,

Your commitment not to spill the life seed is noble. When it is spilled, whether by intention or not, I believe it should be reclaimed as much as possible. In my younger years, well before my spiritual interests, I too went to great lengths not to carelessly cast it away. If it didn't end up inside of a woman, it was usually rubbed into my skin to dry, or ingested. Due to a "medical intervention" I no longer produce ejaculate, so I am a blessed yogi in that manner . My recommendation for you is to turn the aftermath of the spilling event into a spiritual ritual. Offer it up in your heart to your ishta, or God, or to a spiritual ideal. I guarantee the loss will not wound you as deeply..

Blessings to you.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  11:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi FakeYogi,

the semen is very important, keep it in, transform it, this body here is doing this since 10 years. It has done its part, but the practice is major. There are countless celibates without yogic practice not living in joy, nor being eternal bliss. The stronger cause is your practice. If within 10 years of practice you loose your semen for 1 year, 90% of the time you will have it transformed. The link is there in all of us, but the body mind will adapt, really! All the great yogis have practiced pranayama and you can be sure all of them has encountered this.

Someone in this forum said, that according to Lahiri Mahasayas diaries he was suffering even badly from this. And he kept doing his pranayama and look what he has become :)

You can skip pranayama, no problem, it is your attraction. When you are attracted again, try it out in the first session of the day and skip it in the second. When the body can assimilate so much, try it out in both sessions. If you feel the adaptation happens too slow, decrease its amount and frequency per day and up in cooperation with your body. Every body adapts a little differently.

Happy practice friend! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000