Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Pleasure Loop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have noticed something going on in my DM that I just wanted to share with others.

The mantra has a tendency to want to settle in my body, in my solar center or the top of my head. Following instructions, I just let that be, and lately when this happens there is a lot of pleasure. I go back to gently putting my attention on the mantra only (the mantra felt/heard in the mind, but not the body), and when I do this there is a deep rush of pleasure/bliss, feeling like the mantra is pulling me rather than my "seeking" or reciting the mantra...the mantra pulls me away from the body into it's vibration only...more bliss.

Then the mantra comes back and settles in the body again, and the pleasure in the body is increased, then I favor the mantra only again, drop the body and the bliss increases even more. And this happens in a loop

I've been doing DM for a long time, and yes, even having the experience of "dropping the body", but now it is the mantra "favoring itself" and pulling me towards the vibration, the bliss is, well, just WOW, it is almost like there is no one who is "blissed out" there is just the vibration of the mantra/bliss itself. Almost like a love affair with the vibration of IAM.

Anyone else experience this?

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  4:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Justaguy, WOW, I think I had better start increasing my meditation time. Can you diferentiate between mind energy, body energy and emotional energy? can you isolate your awareness from all 3? just curious.

Your experience is beautiful and full of grace, praise God, BHAKTI!

Keep going
light and love
K
Go to Top of Page

justaguy

USA
39 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2015 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit justaguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KarenVic

Justaguy, WOW, I think I had better start increasing my meditation time. Can you diferentiate between mind energy, body energy and emotional energy? can you isolate your awareness from all 3? just curious.

Your experience is beautiful and full of grace, praise God, BHAKTI!

Keep going
light and love
K

Make sure to self-pace, I don't know that increasing meditation time will have any particular "effect." (just saying)

I only meditate twice daily with 10 min of SPB and 20 of DM each time...

As for "mind energy" "body energy" and "emotional energy" I can only really relate that there is a difference between energy in/as the body and "mind only" for me, "emotional energy" seems to be a mix of the body and the mind...but then again, this is just me, you'll have to discover (yourself) how it is for you... language kinda (for me) becomes meaningless when describing these things.

Rather than "mind only" for me it is mantra only, or not even the sound of the words "IAM" in the mind, but the subtle vibration of it.

But then again, what do I know?
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2015 :  06:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Justaguy
I agree on moderation, its easy to get a taste of this expanded state and want to do nothing else. That is where balance comes in, I am afraid I have never been very good at moderation. Still I suppose this is the practice, the tilling of the soil and the weeding of the garden, do my part and allow the rest to happen as it should.
The fact that we are all on this forum says that this process is part of human evolution, the best part, the part that we have to strive for and create with our intention and our hearts.
Bhakti!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2015 :  12:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi justaguy,

Mantra's are SO powerful, they bring purification in all three body's. Loving vibrating energy.

Enjoy,
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2015 :  01:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Good things are happening

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  8:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have and still do, in fact todays meditation was like this!! I had the same concern! It seems contradictory to go back to the mantra when the mantra is the one creating the distraction! Thus a loop of ever increasing pleasure!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  08:41:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jayleno214
It seems contradictory to go back to the mantra when the mantra is the one creating the distraction! Thus a loop of ever increasing pleasure!

The pleasure is the distraction in this case.

Yogani is very clear about this - the procedure is to go back to the mantra whenever you've realised you're off it. It is the repetition of the mantra that has taken you this far. You can of course indulge in the pleasure for a while, but that is stopping to admire the scenery. If you want to make progress again, you go back into the car and drive on (i.e. go back to repeating the mantra).
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  7:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you don't understand. repeating the mantra again after that threshold brings even more pleasure.

edt: u probably already are familiar with this. question is do we continue or self pace, and just how do we pace to not overdo

Edited by - Jayleno214 on Mar 28 2015 7:16:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  7:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jayleno, maybe you are meant the enjoy the pleasure loop, to be very present in the experience. I went through a phase like this a year ago, it lasted maybe a week and a half of distracted, pleasurable sits. Sure the quality of DM was less, and a few of the sessions concluded early, but I kept up the two a day routine. Eventually the intensity faded and the scenery changed, and still changes, again and again.

Edit: wording

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 28 2015 7:28:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  05:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
you don't understand. repeating the mantra again after that threshold brings even more pleasure.

I understand. It is a challenge, a very pleasurable one. The meditation procedure remains nevertheless the same. You go back to the mantra when you realised you're off it. If the sensations/feelings are very distracting, you let your awareness be with those sensations/feelings for a little while, till they subside enough to allow you to go back to the practice you are doing.

Whether you need to self-pace or not, that depends on how you feel outside practices. Self-pacing is required if the practice makes you uncomfortable during activity, otherwise you press on with your practice. What you are experiencing is scenery, as Dogboy already said.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  8:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had the impression that the stopping the mantra and observing the discomfort was only for discomforts. not pleasures (" don't favor the pleasure that was created by the practice...")
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  05:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it applies to any distractions - when something interferes strongly with your ability to focus on the mantra, hold it in awareness for a bit till it subsides, so that you can go back to your practice. Favouring the pleasure does not become your practice, we treat the pleasure like any other thoughts/feelings/sensations during meditation.
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  10:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
man the changes this little deviation makes is astounding. its like meditation is a programming for the rest if the day. I gently paid attention to the pleasure when it appeared during meditation, and during activity the pleasure came up again but was easier to transcend . before I had to sort of fight to keep my focus and not get swallowed in the flight of pleasure with no mind ( when waves of it come in activity sometimes if I don't ground myself mentally I become aloof, helpless like a feather on hurricane winds)
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  10:59:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Makes a difference not fighting the mind/yourself, doesn't it?
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  11:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a lesson in letting go. Normally if you focus on the pleasure it goes away. To stay within the pleasure we let it go. We let it flow through us as we continue on letting go of the mantra.

This is very good news. That pleasure is you and nothing to be worried about.

Remember it is all a lesson in letting go. As long as you are doing that ... Well enjoy #128522;
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  12:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

man the changes this little deviation makes is astounding. its like meditation is a programming for the rest if the day. I gently paid attention to the pleasure when it appeared during meditation, and during activity the pleasure came up again but was easier to transcend . before I had to sort of fight to keep my focus and not get swallowed in the flight of pleasure with no mind ( when waves of it come in activity sometimes if I don't ground myself mentally I become aloof, helpless like a feather on hurricane winds)

It would be wonderful if this can be applied to mundane distractions outside of the sitting practice as well. For example all sort of distractions .. like the urge to buy a chocolate when you know you don't need it, the urge to check facebook (or the AYP forum for that matter ) while at work... I always try to suppress them, but not with much success. Can we embrace them instead (of course not by indulging in that activity), but embrace them mentally and be more successful in dealing with them? Would be nice to know how people here deal with such things ...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  12:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It can be applied to mundane distraction, just as you say - "embrace them mentally". Don't act on them, just hold them in awareness. Inner silence lets you do all those things. Fighting urges is unproductive - it turns small fleeting thoughts into repressed conflicts to be dealt with later.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2198 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  4:02:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bravo JayLeno
Go to Top of Page

dv2014

USA
93 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  6:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

It can be applied to mundane distraction, just as you say - "embrace them mentally". Don't act on them, just hold them in awareness. Inner silence lets you do all those things. Fighting urges is unproductive - it turns small fleeting thoughts into repressed conflicts to be dealt with later.

Thank you, BlueRaincoat!

Wish there was a magic wand to erase all bad habits in one go
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  04:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know, dv2014. And the older the bad habits are the deeper the seem to go. But we have a good method for dealing with them, so it's all good
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000