Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Am I experiencing Kundalini Symptoms?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Curious1991

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  11:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

I have been doing mantra meditation for 20 mins since Jan 2015 approx. Whenever I did the meditation I always felt tingling sensations on my temples and around my head, almost as if they were pulsing as I went deeper into consciousness. I stopped meditating about a month ago just because I was being lazy and have started again. Within this time, I began doing simple self inquiry exercises during the day. Just reminding myself I am not my body, nor my mind, nor my thoughts, nor my possessions etc.

However now when I am not meditating during random parts of the day, I'll have mild tingling sensations on my back. At one point I felt a warmness towards my lower back.

What am I experiencing? Are the sensations I feel on my head during mediation also something to be cautious of? Should i stop self- inquiry because that can lead to kundalini? I'm a bit confused. My mind could change in the future but as of now I would like to pursue this journey for liberation only using mediation and self inquiry, not kundalini.

Any guidance would be appreciated

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  05:51:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Curious

Self-enquiry works best for practitioners who are more advanced. It might be just as well to drop it at this stage.
I think it's a good idea to stick to meditation for a few good months before you consider taking on other practices. Just focus on keeping your DM practice regular and steady.

I remember you posted before expressing some concerns about raising kundalini. I think you got some good advice then. There is absolutely no need to rush into energy practices yet. Get some inner silence going first (with DM), then you'll know when you're ready for more. One step at the time

The sensations you are describing indicate that some energy is moving around. The warmth in the lower back could be an early sign of kundalini. If these sensations don't make you uncomfortable, they are nothing to worry about. If in doubt, then reducing meditation time to 15 minutes or even 10 may be a good idea. Best to do a small amount every day than stop and start again.

All the best.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 03 2015 07:52:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Curious1991

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  12:25:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey BlueRaincoat,

On every thread I post you always take the time to give insightful answers and they really do help.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  1:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess you're asking the sort of questions that catch my attention. Glad you found the answers helpful.
Hope your practice is going well.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000