Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Sensation of movement in the spine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kenh

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  11:24:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit kenh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practicing spinal breathing and deep meditation for a month.

Recently, I have noticed that during spinal breathing, if I restrain and slow down the breath in the right way I immediately start to feel movement starting from the base of the spine and progressing upwards. There is no pleasure of pain associated with the movement. It is a completely neutral sensation.

A few questions:

1. Is this the movement of prana up the spine?
2. Should I conduct the spinal breathing by simply following this movement up and down the spine with my attention?
3. If this is the movement of prana, why isn't there a pleasant sensation associated with it?

Thank you.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  5:54:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kenh

I have been practicing spinal breathing and deep meditation for a month.
Recently, I have noticed that during spinal breathing, if I restrain and slow down the breath in the right way I immediately start to feel movement starting from the base of the spine and progressing upwards.

Hi kenh,

How does the experience in your current report relate to the experience you reported back in '08?
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3869

Be

Edited by - bewell on Apr 10 2014 5:55:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

kenh

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  6:10:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit kenh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't done any Yoga since that time and experience. I am starting again now, slowly and carefully.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  08:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, in response to the description of your present experience, I think I may know the sensation you are talking about. Here is my opinion. The lack of pleasure will likely change over time toward more or less pleasure. Don't worry about it. Do the procedure with an attitude of gentleness and ease. Favor the visualization of the spinal nerve (however you experience that) until the energy is following the path of attention to the extent that it is easier to follow the energy. Then follow the energy.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

kenh

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  11:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit kenh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very, very much.

In other words, favor the process of tracing the spinal nerve with the attention until the energy is reliably following the attention. At this point, follow the energy if it is easier to do so.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  9:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure. Considering your question brought improved attention to my practice today.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000