Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 difficulty in Sambhavi+ mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello again:)
few technical questions plz
I'm having some difficulty with Sambhavi.I can't locate where my head is?
I get the sensation that l I have two heads so I don't know where to rest my eyes!
& my eyes open by themselves before finishing SB while in Sambhavi.if I try closing them,I can't!

Another challenge I have is with the IAM mantra.It's originating at the same time from two parts of my brain!so I hear two AYAM mantra at the same time.Is that alrite?

Any input ?
Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on Jun 11 2011 07:13:16 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2011 :  6:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We consciously practice mulabandha and sambhavi mudra only during spinal breathing. If it comes up naturally in meditation that is fine, but we don't try to do any of these in meditation:
http://www.aypsite.org/55.html
quote:
During meditation, we don't deliberately do any of the practices we are doing in pranayama. If we find ourselves in mulabandha in meditation, we don't favor it or push it out. We just easily come back to the mantra. We want to keep our meditation as simple and pure as possible – just that simple procedure of using the mantra.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  04:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti!
I'm not practicing Sambhavi during meditation only during Spinal breathing..
thanx
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  9:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Delara,
I guess I misunderstood.

Check out the lesson Lesson 131 - Q&A – Coordinating sambhavi and spinal breathing

Pick an object on the other side of the room and gaze at it. Don't examine it, or even "see" it. Just put your eyes on it and leave them there. As you are doing that let your attention go to your perineum. It isn't hard to do, is it? Now, keeping your eyes on that object, let your attention go up the center of your spine to the point between your eyebrows. Don't worry about your breathing. Just do the gaze on the object and move the attention. When your eyes wander off the object, and you notice, just easily put them back on it. Use the object there in front of you as a visual feedback. Go up and down the spine a few times with your attention without taking your eyes off the object. Practice this for a while, until you can go up and down your spine with your attention without moving your eyes off that object very much. If the eyes or attention go off, then easily bring them back to the task at hand. It is a habit you are developing, much like learning to pat the top of your head with one hand while rubbing your belly in a circle with the other hand.

Keep doing the exercise until you can move your attention up and down the spine while keeping your unseeing gaze on the object. The object is your sensory feedback that enables you to keep your eyes in one place while your attention is going somewhere else.

Once you have good success doing that, then try it in actual spinal breathing.

About the two "i am"s... if it happens naturally that is fine, but the min you realize it, treat it as a distraction, and go back the saying/thinking the mantra inside. I know it may seem hard at first, but be easy with it and if it feels like something very hard to do in the beginning, let it go for a few days, but keep in mind that is a distraction and you don't want to be focusing on it. It will go away, don't fight it, don't push it away, but don't encourage it either, stay with the procedure of coming back to the mantra.

Hopefully I got the replies right this time.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  1:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Almost.
My mistake,I guess I didn't explain myself properly.
I'll try again!
when I start Spinal breathing with Sambhavi,I'm having no issue at all.few mins later,I loose sense where the head is,when I try to locate it,I get the sensation there are two heads not one...n I loose sense which one is for real and which one is not...this disorientation includes the eyes too...When this happens,I usually stop spinal breathing few mins or so n then try again.Also,my eyes are slightly opened(can't close them completely) and just before finishing spinal breathing they become fully opened(even if I try to close them,I can't)

the two IAM didn't repeat themselves today.

thank You Shanti :)
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Edited by - Delara on Jun 12 2011 2:15:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  2:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara

Sambhavi is essentially just the physical lifting and centering of the eyes. We aren't trying to "locate" anything with the eyes. When you notice the sensation of having two heads your attention will be off of the spinal nerve or split between two.... when you notice this just go back to the simple procedure of tracing the spinal nerve with your attention.

Don't worry about the eyes being open or closed. Mine were open (quite a bit) for the first year or so of using sambhavi (my wife would say that I looked extremely creepy ). After a while the practice of sambhavi becomes more and more subtle (eventually there will hardly even be any physical movement as the intention will be enough) and just a very subtle lifting of the eyes is enough to get plenty of ecstatic stimulation.

Hope this helps!

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  3:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that answers my questions
Thank you Shanti & Carson;
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  10:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

You do actually have two heads....i.e two brains.

Left & Right Brain Hemispheres.

Allow them to merge together.

Actually, perfect natural meditation follows at this point.....

This is when the central "spiritual" channel, the shushumna nadi awakens, and thus Mother Kundalini is stirred....

P.S Actually this is when the corpus callosum is activated;Various practices can excite it.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 12 2011 10:45:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

Hi Delara,

You do actually have two heads....i.e two brains.

Left & Right Brain Hemispheres.

Allow them to merge together.

Actually, perfect natural meditation follows at this point.....

This is when the central "spiritual" channel, the shushumna nadi awakens, and thus Mother Kundalini is stirred....

P.S Actually this is when the corpus callosum is activated;Various practices can excite it.

Hi Akasha
Interesting...

Is the above description explains also why I heard two synchronized IAM mantra with the same pitch from two different parts of my brain(felt like one is originating above my left ear & the other mantra started from my upper head right hand side

Love;
Delara

Edited by - Delara on Jun 13 2011 07:53:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  3:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara your experience made me remember mine in which i heard my name being whispered in my right ear (i forgot which ear i think its my right ear) and it was my Own Voice! I got scared anyways and didnt meditate further that day.

Love n Light
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  4:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LoL Lol vijikr!few days back I've heard a female angelic voice in one of my ears,she was singing and I was enjoying it.But then I remembered hey where is that coming from n jumped from my place n it stopped!...I know what u mean it's weird....
Love;
Delara
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  9:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

Yes, Indeed!

This could conceivably explain what you experienced pretty well right along the lines you were talking of.You should be able to feel the pranas move around the head.This could also i would have thought be linked to what centers of the brain (and/or subtle bodies) are more awake than others.BUT what you relate is conceivable and offers a tidy explanation.. How the two brain hemispheres communicate may well be a mystery but i believe messages must traverse the corpus callosum for any cross communication to be possible. Most folk of course may have a dominant half or ida & pingala. It also makes sense that what you describe is possible as the practices generally speaking seek to bring about gretaer equilibrium , balance and harmony to the subtle bodies, nerves and so on.As i say effortless meditation, or dhyana proper likely occurs once the sushumna i believe has some opening and purification in there.Sounds like you're doing reeeallllly well!!! Fantastic!!

ALL My Love,

Akasha

P.S Female angelic voices does'nt sound so bad from here. Sounds like your third-eye is open.And great to hear AYP is working so well for you,Delara!!You must be in the swing of things now.

My little tip with sambhavi is i would'nt force it too much if it might feel a litttle awkward to equalise. Just move them both up gently and towards the middle in hopefully concertina fashion..It can be done really subtly. That's how i now tend to do it.Also furrowing the brows can be another useful addition as well as going cross-eyed. What you can do is if you're haviong trouble locating ,feeling,sensing or equalising is gaze at a point in front first of all with both eyes open, then the tip of the nose and then allow your gaze to converge at the bridge at the top of the nose right at the top between the brows so you go cross-eyed at this point.Then one can close one's eyes or eye-lids rather. But keeping it gentle and subtle is all that is required and should bring around the desired results. I think i know what you mean.All the mudras eventually become more subtle as they refine and less effort is required to employ them.My sambhavi is now rather gentle,i.e that's the way i choose to do it, but doing it with eyes open first is one way to go..Also with mental awareness at Brhumadaya or between the eyebrows.It's worth pointing out also that Ajna proper is actually between the ears around the pituitary glands behind the nasal septum but that can be harder to locate for most folk at first but it's field extends beyond and in front.. Sounds like you're doing really well Delara!

The double mantras sounds & is quite alright.Nothing to worry about there certainly in that sense.You must have a good state of awareness and sensitivity to pick them both up and discern between the two..

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 13 2011 10:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  1:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!I enjoyed reading ur reply
thank you Akasha
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  12:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000