AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Mantra ... pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  2:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Brothers and sisters
i have some simple questions(some of them look for simple), thankfully i am expecting your answers.
1-Pranayama : when imaging the tube which start from preinium and ends between the eyes, my question: what is the color of that tube( i imagine it silver) , is this right ?

2-pranayama: for this tube is it right to imagine it inside the spine or i should imagine it in space ? starting from prinium then goes inside the spine and then ends between the eyes in space ?

3-what is the time required to acheive the expected benifits from paryama(the average time? i know time diffefrence between humnas), i am doing it for on month( 2 times aday), but until now i am not sure if i acheived the expected results), i feel energatic after doing it, but i am not capable to judge if i acheived somthing. how to test if a progress acheived?

thank you very much

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 23 2011 :  10:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello yanalroot

quote:
Originally posted by yanalroot

1-Pranayama : when imaging the tube which start from preinium and ends between the eyes, my question: what is the color of that tube( i imagine it silver) , is this right ?

It isn't necessary to visualize the tube. The important part is to move your attention up and down the spinal path. I couldn't find a lesson where Yogani mentions visualizing it in a specific color, but someone experienced it as silver in this lesson.

quote:

2-pranayama: for this tube is it right to imagine it inside the spine or i should imagine it in space ?

It's okay, as long as your attention goes from the perineum up to the middle of the head, then forward to the brow, then back down the same path. It isn't necessary to follow the exact curves of your spine.

quote:

3-what is the time required to acheive the expected benifits from paryama(the average time? i know time diffefrence between humnas)

What benefits are you expecting?

Hope this helps. Wish you a wonderful journey and welcome to the forums!

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  04:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Cosmic for your support, as for the benefits dear Yanal. They are both health wise and spirit wise. The energetic side is one of them as you've already seen, as for the big benefits this needs time... We are working here like athletes, slowly and daily working on the same muscle to make it grow stronger and stronger... So like all good things it needs time and as we say in arabic, "A clean work needs time #1575;#1604;#1588;#1594;#1604; #1575;#1604;#1606;#1592;#1610;#1601; #1610;#1581;#1578;#1575;#1580; #1604;#1604;#1608;#1602;#1578;"

Concerning the color, yes silver white is the best color to imagine but as our brother cosmic said it's not necessary to imagine the color and the same goes also for inside or along the spine. The most important thing is to go up and down along the sushumna.

Check this lesson, it might be of help:
http://www.aypsite.org/44.html

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  06:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Cosmic very much, also thank you Ananda very much, Both answers helped me to keep making progress, .Regards
Yanal
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  09:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yanalroot,

Welcome to the AYP forums!!!

Cosmic and Ananda have given great replies.
Just remember to keep it simple. Our minds love to complicate stuff... but the simpler the process, the better the results.
:)

So yes, just be easy with the process. Keep your attention moving up and down the spine from root to third eye. The main reason we don't get too specific with color and inside /outside the spine is, as you keep going, the colors may change, side channels may emerge, the spinal nerve may become bigger than you and be all around you... if we get too specific with our imagination of the spine, we may miss all this. So be as easy as you can with your visualising and allow space for changes to happen naturally. When things change, go with it easily too, becasue it will change again... so don't get caught up in what is happening now, when we do this, we give the process space to purify and open rather than stay caught up/frozen in the experiences being experienced at the moment. :)
Go to Top of Page

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - May 24 2011 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti very much, i got your points, because i loved the AYP and doing it regularly i am keen to follow all the steps carefully to acheive the max of these trainings.thanks again to you and all other guys.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I once wanted to open a thread called "Up and down the Spinal Nerve"

Yes, starting off it is good to visualize a silver thread but like Santi says it is constantly changing because after a while you are not just visualizing something, you are actually experiencing something. I have gone up and down in a light tube which can grow to emcompass your whole body; I have gone up and down in water, in fire, in rainbow coloured tube. The energy movement can suddenly behave like a snake and move to side channels. It makes sitting down to practice an adventure ! Enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - May 27 2011 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you SeySorciere very much, all of the above answers has helped, to be honest withen the few last days - for the first time - i have mentally felt dimensions inside of my body( i started to feel these dimensions).
Regards to all
Yanal
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After posting this reply, it suddenly dawned on me that I have gone up and down the spinal nerve in Fire, Water, Air and Mud (Earth)and I have found myself "lost in Akasha" ... it is amazing how all these things come together.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4374 Posts

Posted - May 30 2011 :  6:10:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yanalroot,

quote:

2-pranayama: for this tube is it right to imagine it inside the spine or i should imagine it in space ? starting from prinium then goes inside the spine and then ends between the eyes in space ?

This is from lesson 41:

"Next, with each rising inhalation of the breath, allow your attention to travel upward inside a tiny thread, or tube, you visualize beginning at your perineum, continuing up through the center of your spine, and up through the stem of your brain to the center of your head. "

quote:

3-what is the time required to acheive the expected benifits from paryama(the average time? i know time diffefrence between humnas), i am doing it for on month( 2 times aday), but until now i am not sure if i acheived the expected results), i feel energatic after doing it, but i am not capable to judge if i acheived somthing. how to test if a progress acheived?

If you feel energized by the practice of pranayama, that is good and is a sign that you are making progress. Try not to look too hard for results as it can be a distraction. The mind decides what it expects by way of results, and then looks for that, being pleased, or disappointed according to what it thinks should be happening. In practice, the karmic structure that needs to be dissolved through spiritual practice can be so complex that there can be no way of the mind knowing what should be happening or not happening, and so it can be in no position to make judgements about progress.

The best thing to do is simply to dive deep into the practice every day, and not worry about results.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yanalroot

16 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2011 :  4:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi for yor add. all of the above has helped.
Regards
Yanal
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2011 :  12:44:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000