Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Sathya Sai Baba 1926-2011
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  10:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All:

Sathya Sai Baba, the widely-followed and often controversial Indian sage, passed away today. He was in his mid eighties.

Here is a Wikipedia article about his life:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

The guru is in you.

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  11:38:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May his soul rest in peace

Thank you for sharing this Yogani.

Sri Shiva Shakti Ammaiyar Predicted his death last month:
Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba of Puttaparthi has only a little work left to do.
http://www.gurusfeet.com/guru/siva-sakthi-ammaiyar

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2011 :  2:51:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont know what to say He was/Is a Great SOUL and he did help masses by funding and doing many projects both in his state and neighbouring State!

Its sad last month Radha ma was gone and this month its sai baba and I hope they Guide us from where ever they are!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  12:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is the first time i hear about him
so his prediction to live till 96 was incorrect...
and why say that he was a reincarnation of the well known Sai Baba of Shirdi???...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2011 :  2:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maheswari,

There's a lot more talk from that kind concerning him including sexual misconduct but who knows it might be true and it may all be just rumors you know.

The AYP forums don't deal with guru bashing. We respect every path and respect the decisions of it's followers. The wikipedia link shares the pros and cons. The guy was a spiritual muse to many and did a lot of good and many who studied with him taught later and did a good job at it and the best example is Sri Ratan Lal. I've also had the chance to have the blessed encounter with his student Cesar Teruel while in India who was following and spreading the teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi.

And if Sri Shiva Shakti and Yogani consider him a great soul then he must be one.

Let's leave the dead rest in peace.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2011 :  3:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
He's known for showing his powers. Producing ash from bare hands was the main one. Creating watches, chains and other items out of nothing.

Influential, Popular & Controversial.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - May 04 2011 :  2:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pranams
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  10:01:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah though controversial when I met him in white field i was just went along with my freinds(i didnt know who this guy was etc)they asked me to sit in a row and i was sitting in the alst row and i wasthinking man i wouldnt be able to see that guy for iam short.well them when it was time for him to come for darshan they told us turn around and sit He is coming from other side and there I was sitting in the front now. I still remember he was walking very slowly with one man accompanying him in white cloth and that man was so short and this guy was very very tall and i was wonderstuck and i was wondering wow I never seen any indian this tall. He came near me and i was seeing everyone and i saw everyone was falling on his feet but for me although i am nonbeliver I could feel some vibrations in my heart and i felt my heart was spiining fast like it was like I was in whirpool and spiining and my eyes were watering too! I was wondering whats happening to me..then i asked for something which i got it in 6th day! Then I see him now n then in my dreams where he tells me to wakeup!

So that was my expereince with him and that was my first and last darshan of him.

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Although I have never met Satya Sai Baba I have been to Shirdi twice to the mahasamadhi of Shirdi Sai Baba and the energy there is awesome. Standing in front of his tomb almost knocked me off my feet.Twice I have had a shawl flicked across his tomb for a few seconds and they were charged with energy which lasted ages.I gave one to my stepmum when I returned to UK and she used it for healing for a long time.
L&L
Dave

Edited by - riptiz on Jun 16 2011 6:01:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  12:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
kool Dave
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2011 :  03:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am sure u felt that way riptiz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000