Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Magga Baba
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  06:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.balbro.com/iam/magga.jpg

I love this man.

In the words of Osho:

I have been in contact with many esoteric groups - in this life and before. I have known many persons who are still alive who belong to some group. I cannot tell you their names, because that is not permitted. And it is of no use really. But I can tell you that they still exist, they still try to help. I have known many keys which were delivered by authentic teachers. But no key of the old tradition is enough...

Today I can talk about one of those remarkable men.

His real name is not known, nor his real age, but he was called "Magga Baba."

Magga simply means "big cup." He always used to keep his magga, his cup, in his hand. He used it for everything—for his tea, his milk, his food, for the money people gave him, or whatsoever the moment demanded. All he possessed was his magga and that is why he was known as Magga Baba.

Baba is a respectful word. It simply means grandfather, your father's father. In Hindi your mother's father is nana, your father's father is baba.

Magga Baba was certainly one of the most remarkable men that may ever have lived on this planet. He was really one of the chosen ones. You can count him with Jesus, Buddha, Lao Tzu. I know nothing about his childhood or his parents. Nobody knows from where he came—one day suddenly he appeared in the town.

He did not speak. People persisted in asking questions of all kinds. He either remained silent, or if they nagged too much he started shouting gibberish, rubbish, just meaningless sounds. Those poor people thought he was speaking in a language that perhaps they didn't understand. He was not using language at all. He was just making sounds. For example, "Higgalal hoo hoo hoo guloo higga hee hee." Then he would wait and again ask, "Hee hee hee?" It seemed as if he was asking, "Have you understood?"

And the poor people would say, "Yes, Baba, yes."

Then he would show his magga and make the sign. This sign in India means money. So Magga Baba would show his magga with one hand and with the other give the sign for money, meaning, "If you have understood then give something to me." And people would give. I would laugh myself to tears because he had not said anything. But he was not greedy for money. He would take from one person and give it to another. His magga was always empty.

You can read further at: http://www.balbro.com/iam/magga.htm

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  6:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thnx Manigma for posting this!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2011 :  03:15:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL. I just love this guy.

The whole day he was surrounded by people. He was really a free man, yet not even free to move a single inch because people were holding on to him. They would put him into a rickshaw and take him away wherever they wanted. Of course he would not say no, because he was pretending to be either deaf or dumb or mad. And he never uttered any word that could be found in any dictionary. Obviously he could not say yes or no; he would simply go.

Once or twice he was stolen. He disappeared for months because people from another town had stolen him. When the police found him and asked him whether he wanted to return, of course he did his thing again. He said some nonsense, "Yuddle fuddle shuddle..."

The police said, "This man is mad. What are we going to write in our reports: 'Yuddle fuddle shuddle'? What does it mean?

He helped me tremendously although he never gave any directions except by his very being. Just by his very presence he triggered unknown forces in me, unknown to me. I am most grateful to this man Magga Baba, and the greatest blessing of all was that I, a small child, was the only one to whom he used to speak. Those moments of privacy, knowing that he spoke to no one else in the whole world, were tremendously strengthening, vitalizing.

He knew not only Hindi but many other languages too. Of course he knew the language of silence the most; he remained silent almost all his life. In the day he would not speak to anybody, but in the night he would speak to me, only when I was alone. It was such a blessing to hear his few words.

Magga Baba never said anything about his own life, but he said many things about life. He was the first man who told me, "Life is more than what it appears to be. Don't judge by its appearances but go deep down into the valleys where the roots of life are." He would suddenly speak, and suddenly he would be silent. That was his way. There was no way to persuade him to speak: either he spoke or not. He would not answer any questions, and the conversations between us two were an absolute secret. Nobody knew about it. This is for the first time that I am saying it.

If sometimes I would go to him and somebody else was present, he would do something so terrible that the other person would escape. For example he would throw things, or jump, or dance like a madman, in the middle of the night. Anybody was bound to become afraid—after all, you have a wife, children, and a job, and this man seems to be just mad; he could do anything. Then, when the person had gone, we would both laugh together.

~Osho

Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2011 :  04:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a Ton for posting this Manigma!

quote:
Just by his very presence he triggered unknown forces in me, unknown to me

This line is so true!

Love n Light
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000