Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Fear of heights..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  6:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have never been a person who was scared of heights. A few months back, I was fixing a keypad for my garage door and had to do something to the overhead unit. When I stood on the ladder.. I suddenly felt really scared and had vertigo. I somehow managed to finish what I had to do. But since then, I have noticed I am actually scared of heights. Is that possible? Can you just suddenly get a phobia that did not exist... or is this one more purification process?

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  7:10:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti,
I believe this may be purification, you may find some issues are being resolved.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  12:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used to be scared of heights. So first I learned to jump off cliffs into the water at Lake Mead with my friends. What we discovered is it's a fear that comes up inside you, then you choose to indulge in it. It is possible to "shut it off" or refuse to indulge in it.
We discovered that it takes about three seconds for the fear to come up and you have to decide with resolve not to let it take you over within that short time. The other thing is you have to shift your concentration to something else right after the decision. If we stood at the top of the cliff and stared down at the water, after three seconds we couldn't jump!
But if we decided to jump before we got to the top, then just go to the edge, and jump in less than three seconds, it was fine!

I work on high ladders sometimes, and if I get a twinge of fear, i immediately decide not to, and concentrate on my work.
now I like to stand at the top of tall buildings and look down, and feel the falling sensation in my stomach just to see how it feels!
if you can't do this, there might be an energy imbalance brought about by an experience in your past. You can get rid of that with meridian tapping.
See:
http://www.emofree.com/default.htm

But having said that, there's a possibility it's not that at all. Since starting purification, a couple times I've felt something similar to vertigo but different. i felt dizzy like I was perceiving too much stuff at the same time, and reality felt sort of "smooth and easy" at the same time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000