Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Symptoms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  05:26:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sometimes like today I awake to a buzzing in my left ear and it feels blocked. I don't have a sinus problem but am wondering if it is a result of practise or if I have a medical problem and should visit my GP??? Also, lately during/after practise I experience a tingling/buzzing in my left foot. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Om Shanti,

V

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  06:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Vicki
I have experienced the buzzing sensation in parts of the body during spinal breathing and sometimes meditation I think they are down to energy moving through nerve paths in greater quantity than is usual for you. I don't think thats anything to worry about its a good thing a symptom that things are working. I haven't experienced the buzzing in the ears but I have noticed a high pitched whining whenever I put my attention on it a type of tinnitus.

I should try cutting down on practices a bit and if this doesnt work consult a doctor about the buzzing in the ear, cant be too careful.

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  10:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, Vicki, I'd wait on this one. It's a typical spirtual symptom. For some advice on making that call, see this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ern+medicine
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2006 :  10:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vicki - To determine if it's tinnitus, you might try eating no salt for a day or 2 and see if the buzzing in the ear stops. No sodium at all, and drink lots of water. When I had tinnitus, the buzzing increased when I ate too much salty food.
Go to Top of Page

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  04:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your advice.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  09:48:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vicki, keep your doctor informed of any recurring symptoms, though obviously, if the symptoms are minor, that does not necessarily mean making a special visit to the doctor for it.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  11:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FWIW, I've had a buzzing in my ears akin to tinnitus that I've only noticed since I started AYP. My understanding is that this is a typical spiritual symptom, particularly with kundalini running around. I'm not sweating it (but it's critical if you have any indications of tinnitus to take extra precautions re: hearing loss, as hearing loss seriously worsens tinnitus - all sounds get fainter, but the tinnitus sound never fades, so it stands out more).
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  4:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Melissa

Ya Jim, I agree. The sound we hear all the time is background noise from OM. I don't know what it's called though. It is NOT the same thing (albeit similar) to tinnitus which is a pathologic condition indicating a problem. Tinnitus is harsher sounding; I have experienced both.

Melissa

I hope you're right!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2006 :  5:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Melissa,Jim,
The buzzing or ringing (it can vary) is the omkar and is a sign of the heart chakra opening.When you can't hear it try blocking your ears and you will probably still hear it.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  06:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The buzzing is still with me but has now deepened to a low rumbling/thunder/om in my left ear. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because along with it I feel much devotional energy surging through me. It is an odd feeling but I think I'll wait for a while and see how it goes....

Om Shanti,

V
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  2:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vicki, I'm concerned about the assymetry. Do you practice asana? If so, I'd concentrate on spinal twists, which distribute energy symmetrically, and also be on lookout for favoring one side or the other.

quote:
Originally posted by Vicki

The buzzing is still with me but has now deepened to a low rumbling/thunder/om in my left ear. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because along with it I feel much devotional energy surging through me. It is an odd feeling but I think I'll wait for a while and see how it goes....

Om Shanti,

V

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  3:30:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tinnitus almost always affects one ear only.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  3:50:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A buzzing sound in one ear --- yeah, I'd go to a doctor about that.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  4:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

OM can be in one ear also. It can move around during various stages of purification. The symptoms of purification can be asymmetrical according to the pattern of inner obstructions that is unwinding. It is quite common and is discussed in the lessons here -- http://www.aypsite.org/207.html

However, if there are health concerns, it is better to check them out than continue to be distracted by them, especially if there is some medical history along the same lines.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  08:55:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was planning on going to the doctor today to get it checked out but something happened during practise last night.... and today I am overcome with a vibrating energy. Years ago I used to take drugs such as ecstasy and this is what it feels like, like a huge rush, so much that I can't really concentrate on work. Luckly my boss out of the blue asked me if I wanted to take a few hours off today as there wasn't much on. So I'm now at home and not sure what to do.... Should I do practise or wait til things calm down????

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  09:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vicki:

The thing to do is slow down a bit on practices, and do some grounding activity -- a long walk or some physical exercise is a good place to start right away. It would be good to have grounding activity like that in the daily routine. Also, other activities that take your mind off the energy are good -- like helping others in some way that you enjoy. Check lesson 69 for additional remedies for too much energy running around -- http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

If you are not doing spinal breathing see if 5 minutes of it twice a day before meditation helps. If not, back off accordingly.

Good things are happening. The key now is stable practice, avoiding overdoing it, and bringing the energy into your daily life in productive ways. Self-pacing, grounding and service activities are some of the tools to apply. The less preoccupied we are with the energy, the smoother it will be. It wants to flow through us into the environment, and that is why becoming more external in our view can be helpful. In the end, it becomes an infinite flow of divine love pouring out of us.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Vicki

Ireland
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2006 :  10:14:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Vicki's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani for your helpful advice.

Om Shanti,

V
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  12:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds funny but working in the dirt is very grounding too; planting things, pulling weeds or digging.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2006 :  4:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether.. gardening is my favorite.. I cannot wait for April to get out there and take care of my flowers and veggies.. Off late I have been looking at nature differently.. so I think it will be a wonderful year in my garden.. the trees are getting their buds, and the crocuses are blooming, the daffodils have popped theirs heads out, the tulips are waking up.. there is life everywhere you look.. Sorry Vicky.. I sort of went off the topic here.. you see spring is in the air....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000