AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  3:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i don't know where to place this bit of silly information. i just noticed that David entered post #666, and i'm sure most, if not all of us are familiar with that heavy from Revelations. Years ago in biology i saw that the carbon atom consists of six protons, six neutrons and six electrons. now that's a beast of a number of a man! did it stop for the count St. John?

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  3:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
666 is a cool number.
A few months ago some christian researchers discovered that it was calculated wrong, and the number of the beast was something much less memorable.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 17 2006 4:44:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

sean

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  4:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit sean's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2006 :  11:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i just like the carbon atom idea; piercing the veil of the structure of life-form.

Sri Yukteswar's (pranams) little book, "The Holy Science", unveils the yogic revelations experienced by St. John. seven golden candlesticks and etc.

616 actually seems to me to be maybe more accurate if we are to take the meaning of the number to be a symbol of the yogic process in the spinal channels. i think i may have read something to that effect in Sri Yoganandaji's (pranams) writings somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2006 :  4:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How is 616 calculated (where does it come from)?
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2006 :  5:40:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't practice S.R.F.'s Kriya Yoga. i've been practicing for about six months and haven't been led to do spinal chakra breathing as some systems like S.R.F.'s teach. i assume that will come when/if necessary. whatever it was that i read of Yoganandaji's reference to the 666, or 616 i think was about the process of spinal breathing. is that what you meant by measure? or were you refering to St. John when he said that it was the measure of a man? which may be the same thing.

before i found my teacher i was searching for my Yoga. last June i was reading about kechari being necessary, so, i found that i could do it. during that same week i found AYP- Yogani helped enormously. i was leaning toward AYP (actually started doing some) when i found my teacher online. had i known this forum existed i would have been here before. thanks for the forum Yogani and all alan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000