Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 kundalini warm flushing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2011 :  3:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello there,

For months, I have been experiencing kundalini warm flushing about my upper torso and head. I have self paced, but it really is not serious. But it does get tedious! This happens many times during the day, and it is brought on by my emotions (thoughts),and physical activity. I either have to remove clothing or open a window to cool down! I go through this process 5-6x or more a day, and I grow so tired of it!

Is there anything I can do to remedy this or speed the kundalini along??
Is it stuck or something? Any advice I will be grateful!

nirmal

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  3:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

simply put you should self pace more and let the energies digest. Even if it's just for 5 minutes of practices morning and evening.

Sounds like you are at a stage where less is more.

Could you share what you're practicing with us?

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  03:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi there
2 years ago i started to notice that i easily get warm....i dont wear many layers in winter any more as i used to ....sometimes i get warm flashes in the face...and i prespire under the armpits a bit even if it is cold outside..
does it have to do with kundalini or not?
thank u
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  04:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not necessarily dear Maheswari, it might be due to good health and good blood circulation which seems pretty much the case taking in consideration your proper diet and all the asanas you are doing.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2011 :  4:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,
Couple of things.. one, not sure how old you are, but "hot flashes" can start anywhere between the ages of 40 (Perimenopause) to 50. I went through a phase of hot flashes followed by depressive feelings... but it went away in a few months. This may be kundalini related, but may be hormonal also. Check the web for some herbal remedies for this.

secondly, if you think this is purely kundalini related, then like Ananda said, trying a pitta pacifying diet may be the way to go.
here is a topic by Carson on Kundalini Heat that my have some helpful tips.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7442

Hope you find relief from this soon.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  03:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,
I came back to this post to answer my own question and I was suprised to see the responses! Thank you! O.K. Here is my routine:I do my 1)samyama first as I zone out before I can finish!(so I zone out in DM!);2)SB with mulabandha and sambhavi(and continue these two) for 10 min.,3) siddhasana;4) yoni mudra 4 rotations, then 20 min. DM.
I had said that I had self-paced before, but obviously, not enough, as Ananda pointed out. So this time, I Really self-paced! I cut out mulabandha, sambavi, siddhasana, yoni mudra, and only did SB for 5 min. and DM for 15 min. Well, the warm flushing Immediately lessened and now have almost Entirely stopped! I can´t believe how easy it was to relieve such an annoying and troublesome symptom! So today I am gradually adding only mulabandha an sambhavi and lenghthing my SB and DM. Or maybe I should leave it like it is a bit longer? Is this correct? Should I follow my instinct here? I don´t want to take on too much and have kundalini overload again! Any suggestions?

Thanks to each of you for your help and your wisdom,
nirmal
P.S.
Been there, done that(menopause);could be I need to be on a pitta balancing diet, I do only a light asana routine.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  04:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It´s me again,
I forgot to mention in my post along with the warm flushing I have also experienced the most peculiar sensation of my left ear becoming very warm(during meditation) and a poof of air coming out of my ear! I suppose this is kundalini taking a more direct route leaving my body?
Does anybody know what this is? It´s happened maybe once or twice, and always my left ear!

Thanks,nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  05:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that was one hell of a practice set, never mention that the sequencing of samyama first isn't very productive.

Thank God you didn't overload more, as for the left ear that's another overloading symptom and it might be an early sign of tinnitus so i'd cut back on the pranayama time also.

As for mulabandha and all the other adds including samyama, I strongly suggest that you let go of the thought of adding anything to DM and SBP for at least a couple of months or more... Other than a few asanas and some grounding Tai chi if you feel like it. It isn't a good idea to add any spiritual practice in your case.

Just stay with SBP and DM for now and please read lesson 69 again and again.

I'd also keep in mind that if any mantra enhancements have been taken too early then that's a contributing factor to the overloading symptoms.

After 2 years and a half of DM practice, 2 years of which with mantra enhancements. I am now just using the IAM mantra and the results are beautifully peaceful and blissful.

I wish you all the best on your path.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  06:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ananda, o,k., What I meant about putting samyama first is because I did not want to fade out before I finished with it! It is that important to me. Sad but true I do have tinnitus in both ears for years now. It is distracting, but times I don´t hear it at all!

As I said in my last reply, this morning´s session I added mulabandha and sambhavi to SB and DM and wouldn´t you know it I had that old familiar warm flush/rush later where I had to remove some clothing again! So even that much is too much! So, you are right, Ananda. I really want to continue samyama though.

Two months sure does sound like a long time! Are you sure? And yes, I have read L69 several times before, and I guess I have to keep reading it. I don´t want any premature K surges like I experienced in Greece. Ananda, do you remember what you asked me when I first joined AYP here now? I believe it was something to the effect did I have the K surge before AYP or after AYP, and I was still so sick I couldn´t answer. I know for sure Yogani would know and I mean to ask him. My memory from that time is very, very foggy, but I believe I was manic/K surge before AYP and I was so sick I didn´t know how to ask for help. That is how sick I was. I was too busy going in/out of hospitals. Thank God for Yogani and AYP that now for 2 years of DM I have been symptom free and in remission!!! Truly a miracle!
Love,
nirmal)sorry to get off topic)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  08:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry but no I can't remember, and 2 months is really nothing. Just live in the now, take it day by day and enjoy where you are the most you can.

If you want to live with overload, keep on practicing samyama and all the practice push ups you like. If you want to be happy and at peace, just take it easy on yourself with a little Self inquiry here and there and be as aware as you can.

You are obviously at a stage where less is more, I can only speak for myself but less has proved over here to be very much blissfully more.

Your choice always!

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  11:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananada,

You are one wise lady. I´ll try it your way and see what happens! You know, I really have been enjoying goofing off on my practices because doing my present routine which you noticed, was totalling exhausting me!

Thanks for yours and every one else´s sage advice.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  11:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Ananada,

You are one wise lady.

Love,
nirmal

Lolzz I'm a guy, but I've gotten used to this. I usually get this a lot from people who speak with me on mail.

namaste [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

Woops! You beat me back here before I could make the change! I am so very sorry! I hope you forgive me!

You are one wise man!

Thanks for all of your help.

I will be posting from time to time about my progress with this self-pacing, and I would love to hear your input as I go along.

Thanks again,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  12:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No need for saying sorry, wise man/woman now that's what I call complete genius.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2011 :  7:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I forgot to mention in my post along with the warm flushing I have also experienced the most peculiar sensation of my left ear becoming very warm(during meditation) and a poof of air coming out of my ear! I suppose this is kundalini taking a more direct route leaving my body?
Does anybody know what this is? It�s happened maybe once or twice, and always my left ear!

Nirmal

This is really strange and to me, surprising, though not unpleasantly so. When I read your post, I got a warm flash over my torso and a very warm feeling in my left ear, indeed accompanied by someting like a (biologically impossible?) poof of air coming out. That feeling has never happened to me before. More scenery on the way, as we say.

Be
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  01:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell,

Now, you wouldn´t be pulling my leg, now would you?!

LPL,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  10:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It´s me again,

I´m still having the warm flushing, despite the 5min,SB and 10min.DM.
My life is currently somewhat on a rollercoaster ride, and I guess that is contributing to it.

Can anybody advise me what to do in this type of situation?

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:21:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal,

cut down on the spinal breathing time for 2 mins and take on physical activity lots of it and don't play with the energies outside practices...

And if the symptoms still persist, stop spinal breathing and go toward 10 minutes of breath meditation only.

I would also take on a pitta pacifying diet as Shanti suggested.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  12:53:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

...you wouldn�t be pulling my leg, now would you?!

No.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  1:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

Thanks very much for your sage advice. I´ll put your suggestions in motion immediately because I am just plain sick of this flushing!

Thanks again for your help Ananda,
Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  1:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bewell,

You say that while reading my post you experienced the flushing and the ear sensations? Just that one time? That is absolutely incredible! Go figure! Do you understand it?

Lpl,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2011 :  8:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nirmal

The cause of my sensation was obviously sympathy. I have never felt the ear warming and air puff sensation before. I often experience some form of sympathetic body response to things that people share on the forum. Interesting how scenery on the path can become shared scenery.

Love, Peace, Light,

Be
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2011 :  06:40:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be,

O.K., now That makes sense!

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  03:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,

I doubt anybody is still reading this, so any way, I´ll also post on building a daily practice. I now have self-paced for 2 weeks, dramatically, with dramatic improvement of the flushing,etc. I only have 1 or 2 per day, and only barely noticeable.

My situation has now changed, and I don´t know if it is bipolar or not, but I am having some mild depression and irritability. I am taking adequate rest following my sessions and grounding activities.

I feel ready to resume my former practices, indeed need to to clear up these symptoms, but of course slowly, one at a time. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2011 :  08:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

I think it's too early to resume any former practices. Maybe you should self pace even some more. keep on self pacing for at least a month or 2 more.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000