Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 New here, hello :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  12:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey y'all! I am new to the forums and I just wanted to introduce myself and ask a few questions. I'm a 29 year old male from Utah. Ayp has been my practice for a few months, and it has been absolutely amazing every step of the way. Thank you to Yogani for sharing the practices, I am extremely grateful. I have been meditating somewhat regularly for about 5 years. About a year and half ago, I had a kundalini experience that happened while I was sleeping. It was uncomfortable but not painful. It felt like a fist rising up through me until it was above my heart, and then there was much less pressure and I don't really recall what happened after that. A few months later, I felt driven to change my diet and lifestyle.  I switched to a raw vegan diet and felt great pretty much all the time in my body, and I feel like a lot of purification happened in my system just from that. I stopped meditating for about a year because I reasoned that I didn't need it anymore because the level of functioning of my mind, body, and nervous system was so good. But my ego was also very strong and I became a very difficult person to live with. I was certain this was the way that humans are were meant to eat and became pretty rigid in that. My relationship with my wife to be suffered and almost ended. So, part of the solution we came up with to save it was that she would be vegan and i would eat cooked, so that we were eating the same (cooked vegan). Well it worked, and although it doesn't work as well biologically for me, our relationship was saved and my ego deflated quite a bit. So I went back to meditating regularly using AYP only and so much has happened. I am currently doing the practices up to and including yoni mudra and kechari 1. I've been hoping to open the third eye but I am confused and I think that maybe it was already opened. The first time I did yoni mudra (last week),my entire visual field became the most brilliant golden and white light. I have never experienced anything like it. It looks like a yantra with gold diamonds and white light and of course the most brilliant in the center ("the star" I assume). I can experience this almost every time now during yoni, and certainly every session.  I have read Yogani's info about this but I'm still a little confused. I thought this was a biological phenomenon caused by pressing on my eyes. But now I don't think so because if I don't channel the prana coming up just right (mulabandha is key for me) even though I'm doing the same thing physically, the visual field will be black with blue lights. Also, during the day for the past three days, it seems as though there is yellow light shining out of the third eye area, kind of like a flashlight. The biggest thing that has happened in my daily life is feeling the most beautiful and strong love for everyone. I am consciously pushing it to people most of the time, and if for some reason I forget to do it consciously in person, I will be reminded of the person and I can picture their face very well and send them love. This is all amazing to me. I feel almost like I, as a person, have never truly loved before all this started happening. My heart feels all swelled up with love pretty much all the time, and that I just need to pay attention to this every moment when I'm in the world, and I love the world so much, even the things I previously hated. It seems like everyone I meet is so nice to me and would do anything for me, but I only want to love and serve "them".  I don't care about much else anymore. 

So what I'm curious about is what is actually happening with the third eye (and I KNOW it really is insignificant in comparison to the stillness, deep peace, and love) ? The light, the gold, the visualizing of faces, am I creating these with my human brain as in imagining, or is it "real"? Also, I've been avoiding the crown, but it seems to be merging with my forehead area and I can't really ignore it. I feel like I am being fed cosmic energy through the top. 

I know that i have much to learn, any insight is much appreciated! Love to you all-

Edited by - chas on Jan 09 2011 10:35:44 PM

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  3:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chas!!!

Welcome

Glad to have you here.

(:

This all sounds very good.

I can say about the imagining word, sometimes there seems to be for me an imagining of a film or story in the mind when I go within, but what I experience in this imagining directly effects my bodily energy, and am left transformed. So is it real? I don't know, could be just like any other happening in this world

Namaste, and I AM glad you are here.

I am vegetarian BTW but from time to time I eat fish or light meat if I feel I need it.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  4:22:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi chas
Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing

It is great that you have already benefitted so much from the AYP practice.

quote:
So what I'm curious about is what is actually happening with the third eye (and I KNOW it really is insignificant in comparison to the stillness, deep peace, and love) ? The light, the gold, the visualizing of faces, am I creating these with my human brain as in imagining, or is it "real"? Also, I've been avoiding the crown, but it seems to be merging with my forehead area and I can't really ignore it. I feel like I am being fed cosmic energy through the top.

To take the last first:
Yes - the sensation of "merging of the crown with your forehead" is a common occurrence. All the chakras are interlinked, and the seat of the third eye is actually in the middle of the head. (Eventually the chakras all blend into one) Although you may feel like it is impossible to ignore it, it is still quite possible to shift your focus away from it - every time you feel yourself "falling into" the pull of it. That is a choice we have.

For the sake of balance and stability it is important that you do not get too preoccupied with whatever is happening of scenery (as you point out yourself). Of course - the magnificent visions you are having...the light in the third eye - it is all very beautiful and certainly something to enjoy. You are not imagining it, and it is as real as any other object in space. Just like a thought or an emotion is real in our daily living, so this too is real within your perception. But the reality of it....the realness of it is not what we see. Everything you describe - from the ordinary symptoms to the most sublime of your visions - is simply purification. Who sees it? That is the crux of the matter :)

As you know - within AYP we are not too preoccupied with what takes place "under the hood" of the car. Purification is always going on, the intensity and location of the symptoms varies greatly. So in the light of that - just be aware that as your 3rd eye continues to open (the visions are symptoms of purification in your nervous system); if the symptoms get too intense, try self pacing with reducing the time you sit in meditation or stop the yoni mudra for a while. Also be aware that with the increased visions, the increased sense of love during daily activity....if we are preoccupied with it....it can lead to energetic overload. It can sneak up on you - so be very alert as to how stable, calm and balanced you feel between meditation times. If your daily living is smooth and calm despite what happens, then you are ok. If there is a tendency to sway between highs and lows - be careful and adjust your practice (including grounding activities) accordingly.

If you feel well balanced and none of this applies to you - then just ignore this post

All the best with your practices, and may the light continue to radiate from you as the Love that we all are

PS
I was a vegetarian for 14 years. But since the summer I have included some meat in my diet again. It feels great :)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2011 :  4:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS
quote:
All the chakras are interlinked, and the seat of the third eye is actually in the middle of the head.

Although the Ajna (third eye) is located from the middle of the head and out through the brow between the physical eyes, in my experience, the seat of seeing is actually the heart. When I am abiding in what I call the "spiritual heart"....it is unveiled that this is where - and when - the seeing happens.

This seeing is a "seeingknowing". It evolves from being intuition to simply knowing. It is not dependent on any images or words or sensations - it only knows them.

It is funny...but i never saw the star if focused on the Ajna. It always surfaces when my attention is in the heart.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  6:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by chas

Thanks, Yonatan and Katrina. Your words on the realness ring true for me as well. It is either all real or none of it is real. "Real" is relative depending on ones concept of "real". I guess I'm just still shocked that the visions I get with yoni mudra are so vivid and "real", more like physical vision than inner vision. I'll try not to focus too much on them, but it is incredibly "BEAUTIFUL" if I must label it.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  10:53:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas
I guess I'm just still shocked that the visions I get with yoni mudra are so vivid and "real", more like physical vision than inner vision. I'll try not to focus too much on them, but it is incredibly "BEAUTIFUL" if I must label it.

Chas

Welcome!

Although I am not currently practicing yoni mudra, I think I know something of what you are talking about. For example, in a still meditative state recently, I saw a particular tree. This tree was a maybe-20-to-40-year-old deciduous tree. Most of the leaves had fallen, but a few dry leaves remained on the well-shaped branches. The whole scene was suffused with a natural golden light. Beautiful. When the scene flashed before my third eye, it was so realistic that I immediately wondered if I might be seeing an actual tree somewhere by remote vision.

Thus, we receive a fresh sense of where Yogani'e use of the particular word "scenery" comes from in teachings like this: "We know that it is all just scenery we are passing by on the road to realization."
http://www.aypsite.org/331.html

Be

Edited by - bewell on Jan 11 2011 11:14:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes... That points to the truth... Thank you, Be, you are very kind.

Edited by - chas on Jan 11 2011 3:25:32 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000