Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Diet and deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  1:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello evry one,

just a quick question.

Will deep meditation make me a vegetarian?

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2011 :  2:19:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph:

See here: http://www.aypsite.org/305.html

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  8:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From my point of view, vegetarianism is a practice of compassion and mindfulness, and it will bring great benefits to you and other sentient beings. It can be detrimental to approach it from a moral perspective, leading to judgement of oneself and others. As Yogani points out, it is very important to be gentle with yourself and don't force anything or judge yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4369 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  02:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JosephUK

Hello evry one,

just a quick question.

Will deep meditation make me a vegetarian?

Hi Joseph,

If you want it to, it will.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  2:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks people,

Cheers Yogani, Your a star.

Joe
Go to Top of Page

Phaedris

USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  9:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Joseph,

The longer I practice, the more I become inclined to eat lighter, healthier foods. I went to India for Dasara in October and ate only vegetarian for nine days. Everyone there was marveling at how good the food tasted. I honestly didn't really like the taste of much of it all that much - it was OK - but as soon as it got inside me I felt absolutely wonderful physically and spiritually.

I think the important things are not to force yourself (Yogani repeats this over and over again in his lessons) and to listen to your body.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000