Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 How to awaken my Kundalini ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gamefu

India
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  01:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,I want to awaken my Kundalini.
Can anyone who has awakened Kundalini help me?
How did you do it? I can find how to do it,cannot find any reliable information.
How much time does it take? I am 20.
And how does one know if Kundalini is awakened or not?
Does it make us more creative/intelligent?
Can we move energies through our body consciously? What is the benefit of this?

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  05:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gamefu

welcome. you have come to the right place.

clearly you have the desire/bhakti, so you are already on the path to a smooth awakening of your inner capacity for "Kundalini" energy, or as we say here, the rise of "ecstatic conductivity."

on the left side of this page there is a column, and on that column there is the heading "Key Lessons." please start at the beginning with the icon that says, "Start Lessons Here."

again welcome

Edited by - bewell on Jan 02 2011 05:14:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  05:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gamefu Q and A

Here are my quick replies to your fine questions. Perhaps others will have more to say. I hope they will.

You asked: "Can anyone who has awakened Kundalini help me?"

Yes, there are many of us here, but the main yoga teacher is Yogani. He teaches mainly through the written lessons available on this forum (see "Main Lessons")

You asked: "How did you do it?"

Start with cultivating inner silence with a meditation practice and move on from there.

You asked: "How much time does it take? I am 20."

That is a good age. I am 49. There is no set amount of time and it depends on many factors.

You asked: "And how does one know if Kundalini is awakened or not?"

There are many "symptoms" that taken together begin to give an indication.

You asked: "Does it make us more creative/intelligent?"

Yes.

You asked: "Can we move energies through our body consciously?"

Yes. Energy follows attention.

You asked: "What is the benefit of this?"

Enjoyment is one benefit, and then there is also balance, and stability.

Edited by - bewell on Jan 02 2011 05:42:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2011 :  05:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All the practices here will help develop your inner energies. Yes you can move energy around your body consciously and I hear the inner silence developed during Deep Meditaion helps with creativity. The books in the right hand column of this webpage are great as well. The Book titled 'deep meditation' is a great place to start, this will set the foundation for more ecstatic practices such as those found in the 'spinal breathing pranayama' book & 'asanas mudras and bandas' book. The instructions in these books can be found in the lessons on this website however I personally prefer the format and concise nature of the books.

Good luck with your practices please let us know how you go
Go to Top of Page

gamefu

India
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  07:44:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it necessary to read 'spinal breathing pranayama' book & 'asanas mudras and bandas' book ?
Is it necessary to go through all of the lessons on this website?
Or I can just do some meditation? Which meditation?
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just start here:

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

and keep with that for a while 1 month - 3 months. And see if you want to add Spinal Breathing then, or Samyama. But for now start at Deep Meditation. You will know yourself if you want more (the guru is in you!), or are happy with your practice of Deep Meditation.

You will thank your self in the long run - less chance of the negative kundalini symptoms when some silence is present from deep meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000