Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 Balancing AYP with daily Reiki self healing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  3:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know Reiki has been discussed several times on this forum, and I have read through the old posts to avoid repetition...

My question is of a practical nature and relates to self-pacing and sequencing.

I have been attuned to Reiki Level 1 and hoping to take my second level attunement in the next month or so. The attunement has had a profound, positive impact on my life, leading to changes in my dietary choices, cleansing and purification.

I have just started AYP (after a few months of purely asana work, combined with Buddhist meditation which I have been doing for 8 months and Reiki self healing, which I have been doing for three months). These combined practices (as well as reading books by Eckhart Tolle, Louise Hay and James Redfield) have led to wonderful personal and spiritual development. I believe that AYP will take this development to the next level.

Reiki advises students and practitioners alike to practice self healing, i.e. connecting with universal energy, drawing this down through the Chakra system, back up the spine and out through the hands, using similar hand positions that you would on a client on yourself. Regular self-healing improves your connection with the energy, clears imbalances in your energy & aura and brings a sense of peace and well being. It also means that because your own energy body is in good shape, so to speak, when you give a Reiki treatment to a client, they get maximum benefit as you are able to channel the energy more efficiently without keeping too much for yourself! Most advise a short (10-15) self-healing session every day, with a longer (30 minutes) session when you can afford the time.

My question is if I can combine my Reiki self-healing sessions with the advised AYP practices and if so, how to find the right balance and sequence?(I have started doing twice daily sessions of Asanas (20 minutes), Spinal Breathing (10 minutes, incorporating Mulabandha and Sambhavi), Deep Meditation ("I AM" mantra for 20 minutes) and finally 5 minutes Samyama.

Should I incorporate a Reiki self-treatment at the end of my evening practices? Am I risking overload?

Any advice / guidance would be gratefully received!

Wishing you peace and happiness,

Alan

amoux

United Kingdom
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2010 :  4:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan

I'm a reiki master/practitioner/teacher, and I'd advise you to keep your reiki self-healing entirely separate from your AYP practices - maybe you could do that last thing at night, before you fall asleep? I know others here also do reiki, and am sure will have useful advice to offer.

That's quite a formidable routine you are doing - if I understand your post correctly you've incorporated all these AYP practices very recently? May I ask how long have you been doing the routine - did you start the routine as you describe it 'full-blown', or did you start with Deep Meditation first?

Not meaning to interrogate you - but it just helps to know a bit more before offering any specific advice. And it's really good that you're aware of the potential for overload

Edited to add: I see you're our newest member - a warm welcome to the Forum

Edited by - amoux on Dec 08 2010 4:19:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  08:39:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with everything Amoux has said.

You say you have started AYP for a few months, but your practice routine looks really loaded.

At times there are delayed purification overloads. So just be aware of this.

Also, do your self healing outside of your AYP routine. So do it first thing in the morning before you get out of bed or last thing at night before you fall asleep, or any time between the two AYP sessions but don't tag it along with the practice session.

One other thing I noticed is you don't have any time scheduled for rest after you AYP session. Maybe you just forgot to write about it, but if not, please do schedule 10 min of rest after your AYP practice. The rest is very important. It will help integrate the stillness cultivated in your practice with your every day life.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  12:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan,
Simple way of self healing is to place your hands on your stomach as you go to sleep so giving yourself healing as you sleep.You can also do this while watching tv.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  5:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amoux, Shanti and Riptiz,

I appreciate all of your comments and advice, and thanks for the welcome!

I will keep the reiki self-healing separate from now on. It's hard to find time for what are in effect, to complementary albeit separate spiritual practices, however I think I will prioritise AYP and, if I have time, will do a reiki self-healing as well, would you agree? I think last thing at night is a good idea and will fit in fairly well with my lifestyle.

I have started the routine very recently, only a week ago. I started with Spinal Breathing and Deep Meditation, then added Mulabandha and Sambhavi after two days of practice. I know that is very quick, however I felt that given my experience of meditation and reiki that I was ready to adopt these practices. I have been doing daily Buddhist and Reiki meditations for eight months, for 30-60 minute sittings. During this time I have also experimented with Mulabandha and Sambhavi (without knowing they were called that!), and for a brief spell did some mantra meditation (which I didn't take to, so didn't stick with). The main flaw in my previous practices is a lack of consistency, I mixed up my routine on a daily basis prior to finding AYP. I have experienced the sensation of energy moving up my spine, and a tingling / heat at my third eye before starting AYP. Despite this experience, do you think I might be being too hasty in adopting the practice I have? I haven't actually adopted Samyama yet, I keep planning to do it after deep meditation but something (intuition?) stops me (usually time restraints, or a feeling that I have done enough and don't want to overdo it).

I have experienced overload in the past, when I was undertaking long daily meditations three times per day, plus daily reiki self-healing and elecro-acupuncture, whilst detoxing my diet and using crystals. This was evidently too much at once and resulted in me being run down and developing flu-like symptoms for a week (despite normally having a very strong immune system and never getting ill!)

You're right about scheduling in rest, I haven't been prioritising this, but have done since reading your post.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Wishing you peace and happiness,

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2010 :  9:37:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Asanas (10 minutes), Spinal Breathing (10 minutes, incorporating Mulabandha and Sambhavi), Deep Meditation ("I AM" mantra for 20 minutes) and 10 minutes rest.

Stay with this for a few weeks/months. You will feel a big difference in your daily life with this. Then maybe in 6 months ish, add samyama if you feel drawn to it.

I was like you, did long meditations and was a reiki master when I found AYP... so everything here seemed like a piece of cake, but the real progress came/ the real results were seen when I stepped back and did only spinal breathing with sambhavi, mulabandha and meditation. So give it a try. the structure of twice a day for 30 min makes AYP a very steady practice to follow that does not seem to consume all of our day.

Practicing reiki healing at night before going to sleep may be a great idea. My parents have been doing this for years now.
Go to Top of Page

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2010 :  02:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti for sharing your experience, I feel encouraged to follow the twice daily 30 minutes as suggested (with Reiki at night) and to commit to this for 6 months. I sometimes have to remind myself to balance my strong motivation for personal and spiritual growth, with a patient acceptance that there is no rush. After lots of experimenting and chopping and changing my meditations / spiritual practices, a steady, consistent routine is just what I need!
Go to Top of Page

AlanCrawfordUK

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2010 :  11:40:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since adhering to the 10 minute rest period without excuses (being too busy, having other things to do, interruptions etc) I have noticed that the transition between practices and "everyday life" is smoother, and I am less irritable!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  09:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AlanCrawfordUK

Since adhering to the 10 minute rest period without excuses (being too busy, having other things to do, interruptions etc) I have noticed that the transition between practices and "everyday life" is smoother, and I am less irritable!

Thanks for sharing this.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000