Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 order of add-ons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2010 :  3:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does it matter what order we add on the additional practices beyond Asana/SBP/DM, or just that we add them slowly and one at a time?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2010 :  08:00:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH,
Yes, the sequence of practices to be added on is how it is presented in the Main lessons. The only thing that can be added out of sequence is samyama. And, the additional practices are powerful, so definitely add only one at a time and wait for a few weeks to make sure you are stable in them before adding anything new.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  10:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds good Shanti.

Powerful indeed. I have tried adding Siddhasana a few times, and each time I have to step back from it - although the overload seems less each time. Next after that is Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka which seems like it has even more energy potential. So it could be a long time for me to add those two. I suppose if I want to add on, Samyama is the place to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2010 :  11:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JDH

Sounds good Shanti.

Powerful indeed. I have tried adding Siddhasana a few times, and each time I have to step back from it - although the overload seems less each time. Next after that is Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka which seems like it has even more energy potential. So it could be a long time for me to add those two. I suppose if I want to add on, Samyama is the place to do it.

Well siddhasana is not everyone's cup of tea ... and I would think it will be OK to skip that practice and go to the next one. I think Yogani does not want people adding practices willy nilly, but if you have tried Siddhasana and it is not working for you, you can add Yoni Mudra, or samyama is a good choice too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000