Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Balancing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Two people I came in contact with over the last year, said I was out of balance. I've been trying to figure out what it means but they won't tell me, they just 'draw blank' as if they told me, but they don't want to tell me what it means.

I'm not sure if I want to believe them anymore, because I've been going back and forth between a couple of enlightened people, that seem to know what's gone wrong, but they can't help figure it out, or correct the issue.

I had a severe double, top down crown blow-me-up and an energetic fusion after that, that made me cry two years ago, and I nearly died, as I suffocated with the first two times. I've been very wobbly since, emotions are weird, weird dreams and visions. Awareness sometimes is expansive, I feel ... other people sometimes.

What does it mean? How do I balance myself?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 6:49:14 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any kind of structures spiritual practice you follow?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi xir and welcome to the AYP forums

In order to give you any kind of helpful, informed advice, it will be necessary for you to tell us what you are doing on a daily basis for spiritual practices. Are you practicing AYP?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi and Shanti,

I don't really have any structure in place. I started recently doing medical qi-gong recommended by a chinese man, that said to do it. First one is letting the qi go anywhere and the second one is just focusing visualisations around body BUT I only start doing this recently.

Third and fourth practices are powerful he says, but he doesn't want to do them yet.

I used to self-enquiry, but I couldn't be bothered anymore, because I didn't find asking myself questions about who I was, was very productive. Although, Ramana is good because he keeps it simple, and he seems to know what he was talking about at the time, but he can get complex too, but I stopped with the non-duality so I could fix the "lower down problems" or thats what I feel like happened.

I sometimes do meditation too, but not the deep stuff. Let me know if you think i could augment it with something better or additional.

Thanks very much,
xir

Edited by - xir on Nov 30 2010 10:35:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:51:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi xir,
Well, I would suggest you get into a structured practice as what you have been blessed with is a gift, but if you don't take charge of the energies opened up in you, it could soon become a curse or go away.

You can choose any of the practices you say you do once in a while or follow AYP. We don't recommend you mix practices though. So if you are going to continue with what you are following, then read the AYP lessons as guides to get an idea of how to balance.

The balance we talk about, is the balance between the stillness (Shiva) that is in all of us, and the energy(kundalini/Shakti) awakened in us. When we balance this, there is a smooth awakening.

So you don't have to practice AYP, but have a practice that will work with the energy and help purify your nervous system, and one that will work with increasing your access to stillness.

In AYP, we start with deep meditation http://www.aypsite.org/13.html that helps us cultivate stillness. We practice this 15-20 min twice a day. Then after a few weeks we add spinal breathing pranayam http://www.aypsite.org/41.html that helps balance the energy and purify our nervous system, so the energy can flow smoothly and also help stillness move into our every day life.

I cannot tell you what the two people were telling you to balance, but when I hear "balance" in a spiritual sense, this is what I hear... balancing the stillness and the energy.

I hope you give AYP a try. It has worked wonders for many of us here.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  10:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much, I will look through site, see if I can find this. 20 minutes looks good here.

Maybe balancing is what you mean, like activity versus silence, I like that, like it's ..

my head like nods automatically sometimes .. like it KNOWS..

sometimes it 'jolts me' to do something too..

MAYBE .. that's what balancing is.. i don't know, they weren't good explaining it.

But I had feeling it had something to do with my left and right brain beeing out of balance, like intuition is out of whack with my logical brain or something .. like they need syncing..

not sure maybe i think it was due to depression caused surges .. and shame too, sexual shame that happened at the time .. cause me to go into bad grief about myself.. then i kind of 'killed myself' and i felt this love energy outside me .. and i pulled it into me ... felt really really nice .. but painful too. . my heart needs healing too..

so I like self-enquiry, because I like silence, but recently I very agitated .. maybe meditation do good, and make me more confident and energy aware of whats happening within me ..

thank you so much,
xir.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  11:08:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think meditation will definitely help. Everything you have written, many here have gone though, and the best healing you can have is from within. In order to heal from within you need to access the stillness. I am glad you have decided to try meditation.

Here is the process. Do try it and let us know how it goes:

Find a quiet, comfortable place where you can sit, preferably with back support. We want to remove unnecessary distractions. Just sit and relax somewhere where you can close your eyes for twenty minutes without interruptions.

Once you have gotten comfortable, slowly close your eyes. You will notice thoughts, streams of thoughts. That is fine. Just observe them without minding them. After about a minute, gently introduce the thought …I AM… and begin to repeat it easily and effortlessly in your mind. If your mind wanders off into other thoughts, you will eventually realize this has happened. Don't be concerned about it. It is natural. When you realize you are not repeating the mantra, gently go back to it. This is all you have to do. Easily repeat the mantra silently inside. When you realize you are not thinking it, then easily come back to it. The goal is not to stay on it. The goal is to follow the simple procedure of thinking the mantra, losing it, and coming back to it when you find you have lost it. Do not resist if the mantra tends to become less distinct. Thinking the mantra does not have to be with clear pronunciation. I AM can be experienced at many levels in your mind and nervous system. When you come back to it, come back to a level that is comfortable, not straining for either a clear or fuzzy pronunciation.

Do this procedure for twenty minutes, and, then, with your eyes closed, take a few minutes to rest before you get up.

This practice is to be done twice each day, before you start your day and before you begin your evening activities. It is best done before meals, as digestion can interfere with the process of meditation. Make a commitment to yourself to do it for a few months. Give it some time to work. You will be amazed at the results, and then you will want to keep going forward to more and more.

It is important to rest for a few min after meditation and before you get up and go about your day.
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  11:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

It is important to rest for a few min after meditation and before you get up and go about your day.

Thank you, I feel this will work too.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000