Enlightenment Milestones
 Amrita?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  6:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I've been tasting a cool, tingly, sweet water in my mouth the lately which has gotten more profound day by day.

I assume this is Amrita? Many people say it flows down the back of their throats, this hasn't been my experience. Maybe this is something different?

Does Kechari amplify this phenomena? Is this indication that I should start the Kechari journey?

I've been putting my tongue at the indentation at the roof of my mouth and the taste becomes more profound. There is a certain amount of conductivity and it is a pleasant experience. I'm finding myself not wanting to talk as to spoil it.

Any specific instructions once on gets to this point? Is it best to continue to keep my tongue back, sit back and enjoy the ride?

Thanks for all the correspondence and support from everyone.

love,
j

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  10:55:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

So I've been tasting a cool, tingly, sweet water in my mouth the lately which has gotten more profound day by day.

I assume this is Amrita? Many people say it flows down the back of their throats, this hasn't been my experience. Maybe this is something different?

Does Kechari amplify this phenomena? Is this indication that I should start the Kechari journey?

I've been putting my tongue at the indentation at the roof of my mouth and the taste becomes more profound. There is a certain amount of conductivity and it is a pleasant experience. I'm finding myself not wanting to talk as to spoil it.

Any specific instructions once on gets to this point? Is it best to continue to keep my tongue back, sit back and enjoy the ride?

Thanks for all the correspondence and support from everyone.

love,
j

Yep - that's amrita!

Your experience of it is very similar to my own.

Yes, Khechari will enhance it; as in all things, just let bhakti/intuition be your guide, here.

Personally, I hardly ever do Stage 2 Khechari, any longer (I never got past it, either) ... though my tongue naturally rests in Stage 1 (curled back, the tip touching the soft palate). In my experience, once the energetic connection is established via Khechari (presumably Stage 2; Stage 1 may work for this, but I'd guess it might take a lot longer) .... it's very easy to initiate it by gently turning the tongue back, which happens automatically. A lot (and when it does, the amrita nicely flows; it flows nicely at other times, too ... so much so, I barely notice it much of the time ... but as soon as I do ... such as when writing this post ... it's pleasantly present and plentiful).

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2010 :  11:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kirtan for your reply.

As a rather staunch non-dualist I'm not yeah quite sure what to make of this whole Amrita business ;)

j
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  01:49:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's a good tasty thing, and sometimes heavenly... just enjoy. and per kechari yes it does make the whole thing much...

namaste
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your responses fellas.. much appreciated!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2010 :  11:35:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Thank you Kirtan for your reply.

As a rather staunch non-dualist I'm not yeah quite sure what to make of this whole Amrita business ;)

j

Non-duality is simply the wholeness actually happening now within the awareness we each and all ever are now.

Your experience of amrita is one facet of this; my experience of amrita is one facet of this.

This is all.

There's nothing that doesn't fit easily and completely into non-duality, except ideas.

And that may be the aspect you're speaking to? (i.e. "Amrita means nectar of immortality", etc. etc.?)

I don't know anything about that aspect; I just know there's a sweet tasting fluid that contains a mild-euphoria inducing aspect, that's available via simple intention (again, like now; writing these posts about amrita have been the two times I've noticed it flowing most, in the last couple of days! )

Point Being: the only time we can "get in trouble non-dually" in when we lapse into ideas; dealing with the actual, well, all that actually is, is a facet of non-dual awareness ... if it wasn't, it couldn't be existing now, could it?

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 13 2010 11:36:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  07:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wakeupneo,

quote:

I'm not sure, but this could be something different from Amrita. It is not something I have ever experienced. In my experience amrita is a nectar which is produced by the bindu chakra on the top back of the head. It is a very powerful substance, just one drop of which is enough to put one into a state of euphoria beyond body/mind identification. This could be why it is called the nectar of immortality. I believe this is what is referred to as amrita in the yogic texts.

Maybe there are two different kinds of amrita?

The most important thing about Bindu chakra is that it creates Amrit - the nectar of immortality. There are yogis who don’t eat any food, but they eat only the nectar of Bindu chakra. With some yoga exercises we can catch this nectar in Vishuddhi chakra and use it. Otherwise this precious nectar drips straight into the fire of Maniphura chakra and burns itself before it acts.

http://chakrasjourney.com/bindu-chakra.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

khechari

Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  08:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am at stage 3 of Khechari and the taste I feel is pleasantly sour, and when I place my tongue upward onto the roof of the nasal cavity (not sure about the correct name, English not being my mother tongue) and start chanting Om (or rather mmmmmm granted such a positon of the tongue) the taste becomes much more intense. Too much effort can result in a head-ache...

Very much interested in the subject of Amrita/Soma/nectar/elixir/ambrosia, etc
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Khechari, it will transform in time don't worry and self pace on the practice as needed (the head-ache is a sign for that)

in my case it has been through many phases (sour was included) the last two phases were a minty taste and now it's like a rose water taste but sweeter and even tastier and sometimes highly intoxicating especially in the morning...

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

khechari

Ukraine
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  05:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Ananda, million thanks for answering!

Please tell me for how long you keep your tongue in the cavity during the day.

And what are effects of the Amrita flow in your case?
I've lost any interest in food
but still take it as I start losing weight if fast too much.
Cooking is such a nuisance and loss of precious time.

Do you see any signs of bodily tissues rejuvenation due to the practice?

My questions are endless...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000