Enlightenment Milestones
 Fanaa
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  05:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
These are translated lyrics of Hindi song Fanaa from movie Yuva. (Plus some additional quotes). This song is like an Upanishad itself and can be heard on youtube

Fanaa means Annihilation, Destroying the self or Sacrificing the self.

Relates to my recent experience hence this post.

Let your heart be... sacrificed
Let your pain be... annihilated

Let fly every wish
Let lose every desire

Come on... Come on... Come on...
Destroy your limited self

It is the ocean of love
This life... is just a drop

The drop is in the ocean
Or the ocean in the drop

(Yoga is swimming against the current of Maya, acting against the nature of the mind, against the formal law of the earth, against Pravritti and against everything that is pleasant to the being of the earth. - Sivananda)

Ma Ga Re Sa...
Sa Pa Ma Pa
Ga Ma Pa Ma Pa Ni Ni Pa
Ma Pa Sa Pa Ma Pa Ma Pa
Ga Ma Sa Sa Ga
Ga Ma Pa Ma Pa Ma Pa Ni Ni Pa Saaaa
Ni Ra Pa Ni Ma Ga Re

Ni Re Sa Sa
Ni Re Sa Sa
Ni Re Sa Sa
Ga Ga Sa

Ni Re Sa Sa
Ni Re Sa Sa
Ni Re Sa Sa
Ga Ga Sa

Pa Pa Ni Ni Pa
Pa Pa Ni Ni Pa
Pa Pa Ni Ni Pa
Pa Pa Ni Ni Pa

Ni Na Pa Pa
Ni Na Pa Pa
Ni Na Pa Pa
Ni Na Pa Pa

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ga ma Ma pa AAaahhhhhhhAAAAAahhhhhhh!!!!

(A yogi, through intense sadhana of several lives, collects and stores the energy drop by drop. Then one day this powerful stream of energy within bursts forth filling every cell of yogi's body and reaching the crown. The yogi's limited self bursts out and merges into infinity. From infinity, when infinity is taken away, infinity remains. - Isha Upanishad)

Aao Naa Aao Naa Aao Naa
Hona Hai Fanaa!!!

A shadow exists because of the body
Similary your body is nothing but a shadow of your real self

When they both unite
Then where is the shadow
And where is the body?

Burn it... Burn it... Burn it...
Let this body sewn with the thread of breaths be burnt to ashes

- Fanaa (Yuva)

The affirmation of Absoluteness is suited only for the highest class of aspirants whose minds are ready to receive the higher spiritual Light.

When the Sadhaka practises such severe assertions the physical consciousness will try to revolt against all measures taken against its well-being. The general result of such affirmations by weak-minded aspirants is great fear and shock.

The Divine Consciousness tries to manifest itself in the individual and shatters the ego like a mad elephant that has entered a small hut. This supreme meditation is called Brahmabhavana or Brahmabhyasa. The force of intense meditation lights up the entire materialised nature and at once liberates the soul like a sudden flash of lightning. At one stroke the universe dwindles into nothingness and the Majesty of Brahman is revealed. This is the Goal. - The Moksha Gita

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Manigma, it might interest you to know that Al Fanaa is an arabic word which means "death or mortality" and is very much used in the suffi literature and between suffies and it means "AL Fanaaou Fy Allah" trans: to die in God and in other terms to merge in the sea of light.

it's the times when you have to melt in the sea of light or emptiness without being aware (unconscious") and this is something necessary in all the yogic paths and it's a stage on the path an enlightenment milestone.

the final stage in suffism is "Hallatou al bakaa fy Allah" trans: the state of staying in God and in yogic terms it's sahaj samadhi and it's all the same no differences and both yogies and suffies can benefit a lot from each other if they get to know and understand both systems or better yet they should practice both like i am doing

namaste brother(f)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  03:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can call a shadow a Sufi, a Yogi or whatever you like. The source is the same.

The source is the sustainer of your, mine and the existence of this whole Universe.

Bodhidharma says:
DHARMAKAYA HAS NO FORM, THEREFORE ONE SEES IT WITHOUT SEEING.

DHARMA HAS NO VOICE, THEREFORE, ONE HEARS IT WITHOUT HEARING.

PRAJNA HAS NOTHING TO BE KNOWN, THEREFORE, ONE KNOWS IT WITHOUT KNOWING.

Forms, sounds, languages... everything that is perceived through our mind is nothing but a shadow of THAT (the source). This shadow existence is called Maya (illusion). Its not real.

Sivananda says:
He who gets knowledge of the Self having overcome Maya, the illusory power, will alone know what Maya is, how it arises and is destroyed. The why, what and how of Maya can be known only by one who has transcended Maya and has entered the Glory of the Self. Others can merely speculate over it, but cannot solve the riddle, for the instrument or the mechanism of human knowledge is centred in his psychological organ which is a modification of Maya itself. Real religion begins when the intellect stops working.

THEREFORE... O SEEKER OF THE TRUTH! O INNOCENT ONE!

GATE GATE PRAGATE PARASAMAGATE BODHI SVAHA!

GO ON, GO ON...
GO BEYOND, GO ALTOGETHER BEYOND...
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  03:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wanti!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2010 :  04:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Listening to these teachings from the master, the disciple became Enlightened and began to say:

I HAD SEEN THE WORLD JUST NOW, WHERE HAS IT GONE? WHO HAS TAKEN IT AWAY? INTO WHAT HAS IT BECOME DISSOLVED? IT IS A GREAT SURPRISE! DOES IT NOT EXIST?

IN THIS GREAT OCEAN OF BRAHMA WHICH IS FULL OF THE NECTAR OF INFINITE BLISS, WHAT HAVE I TO RENOUNCE NOW AND WHAT HAVE I TO TAKE? WHAT IS OTHER NOW AND WHAT IS EXTRAORDINARY?

HERE I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING, I DO NOT HEAR ANYTHING AND I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING, BECAUSE I AM ALWAYS IN MY BLISSFUL SOUL AND I MYSELF AM MY OWN NATURE.

I AM UNATTACHED, BODILESS, GENDERLESS; I AM GOD MYSELF; I AM ABSOLUTELY SILENT, I AM INFINITE, I AM THE WHOLE AND THE MOST ANCIENT.

I AM NOT THE DOER, I AM NOT THE SUFFERER, I AM UNCHANGING AND INEXHAUSTIBLE. I AM THE ABODE OF PURE KNOWLEDGE, I AM ALONE AND I AM THE ETERNAL GODLINESS.

http://www.balbro.com/heart/beat17.htm

"YOU" DO NOT SEE

"YOU" DO NOT HEAR

"YOU" DO NOT KNOW

Gone!
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh my god Was this song this meaningful. I have heard it many times and never payed attention. I understood only fanaa when I heard it in hindi.I thought all else must be the same Hindi masala.

Now I cant even read this completely as I am falling in Fanaa as I go throgh :)
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  12:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank u bro for posting this. This is too overwhelming

Edited by - Shivoham on May 25 2010 12:36:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  12:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was as crazy as reading Avadhut Gita or Ashtavakra gita :)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another one especially for you.

Song: Phoonk De
Movie: No Smoking

This too is considered vulgar and disgraceful by many. But once you know the meaning and become one with the rhythm/music... it will be impossible for your soul not to dance like a snake. This song is so powerful that it can awaken the Kundalini.

The first part is originally in English so no need to translate:

Mind game, blinding flash
I see the party
I wanna gatecrash
But it's not always easy

They never know till they see that look in your eyes
The look that says something's missing
Says you wanna be one of a thing
You wanna fly you wanna die
But you can't even get by
Without one breath of death

Breath of death
Breath of death
It's a breath of death

Here is the Hindi part I have translated:

Burn it, burn it, burn it
Burn this bitter life
Burn your lusts and desires
Burn your body stitched with the breaths

The ecstasy has reached my head
And the whole earth is shaking
This story that can not be told in words or speech
Speaks itself all the night

It burns every word before it reaches the lips
It burns the whole body into ashes

So let it burn
This body, this desire
Just let it burn!

When this intoxication ends
Who knows how many pieces were shattered?

We are trying to become aware
Have we gone mad?
When did we become unaware?
We were always aware.

Original lyrics: http://bollywoodtadka.com/2007/10/l...-no-smoking/
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are true it happened when I reached these lines

"The ecstasy has reached my head
And the whole earth is shaking
This story that can not be told in words or speech
Speaks itself all the night"
I havnt watched the movie. I think this song is about taking drugs.

Thank you crazy sage
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  07:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't watched the movie either. And I have never taken drugs. Never felt the need.

I am Shiva myself. Shivoham. Ecstasy in its purest form.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  11:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

I haven't watched the movie either. And I have never taken drugs. Never felt the need.

I am Shiva myself. Shivoham. Ecstasy in its purest form.

I have taken the drugs. Now feel no need. I am the greatest drug itself. Drug in its purest form
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000