Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Holotropic breathwork
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  12:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Since 3 weeks ago im joining a transpersonal group (gestalt) and im finding it very interesting experience.Many special feelings and conection with the people in that group.It has been a good choose here.

This weekend and after some inner resistences,i joined an holotropic breathwork session,as breather and facilitator.

The most amazing thing is the special relationship that happened between me and my partner in the one day session.
The process includes different stages for a good integration of the experience also.This is very important.

The experience here was 100% diferent of my previous idea.I thougt that it was going to be spiritual,with visions and different kind of experiences.But surprisingly it was just the other side of the coin.
It was a powerful physical trance experience.No very much emotions.Only physical trance: powerful movements of my arms,legs,head...some screams...phisical movements like climbing and trying to get trought a tunnel...strange movement with hands and arms(circles)...phisical movements like flying with my arms...running very fast from my estactic position moving my arms,legs and head...vibrations and that kind of stuff.I felt very much connection with earth.I i think that was just what i needed due to my tendency to be far from the here a now and scape from reality.
The music is really evocative also.shamanic drums and that kind of stuff.It always really conect my self with the inner fire,and imagine with oyes closed and fast deep breathing...

During the last hour,at resting time,i took my partners hand and with the evocative music i felt feelings of unity and pure universal love.I felt that we human beings are really stupid for not living in that real state of love and unity.But THEN i recieved a great insight:

Stop focusing you mind in what human beings do.Thats an excuse.The real change is in you.You are stupid also for not being living in that state of love and unity.Stop creating excuses.The change is in you and it doesnt matter what the rest of the people do.

Thats the real thing that really matters. I control and decide what to do with my life.Im the most important thing of this world.Focus your work in you (me).

This was an important revelation.

Edited by - miguel on May 04 2010 08:14:54 AM

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  1:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to know more about the meaning and effects in ones life of this kind of experience.I mean,why that free powerfull movements of the body...i know its related with hidden emotions and subconscious patterns...
But,how can afect ones life this king of experiences?
Im really curious about this and i know there are some experienced breathworkers here

please,give me/us some light about this.

Edited by - miguel on May 03 2010 1:11:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

seekingthelight

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - May 03 2010 :  11:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit seekingthelight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do quite a bit of rebirthing breathwork which has a lot in common with holotropic breathwork. In rebirthing breathwork there is a lot of processing of emotions which in Yogani's terms is inner purification. I've heard it said many times that emotions are held in the physical body, so I would say that what you experienced is the same thing, only it looked a little different.
How does it affect your life? Same as AYP - inner purification, leading to rising inner silence and ecstatic conductivity.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - May 04 2010 :  07:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi seeking,

quote:
I've heard it said many times that emotions are held in the physical body, so I would say that what you experienced is the same thing, only it looked a little different.

This is very interesting. This is the first time i have purification only via my physical body,but what you talk about has lot of sense here.Yes,a different way of healing and just what i needed.To listen the voice of earth.

quote:
How does it affect your life? Same as AYP - inner purification, leading to rising inner silence and ecstatic conductivity.

My inner self lead me to this holotrpic session.I knew i needed it as an extra-impulse in my path.Sometimes i feel realy stuck and i know this is going to help a lot. I know a guy that told me some weeks ago that he joined an holotropic session some months ago and it was the cause of many important changes in his life.His experience was an inspiration here.

The feeling this days here are really interesting.I am feeling an experiencing some interesting things.Very deep conection with my spirit,my life,earth and mission here.Im receiving some interesting insights..etc

I haceve decided to return to "i am" mantra,once a day.I think that its much more useful than breath meditation cz you can go deeper.There is a point with breath that i cant go deeper.With mantra is different.

I have done 2 mantra meditations this days and the effects are really powerful.Not overload cz i stop when i see it coming,but yes...many special feelings here after holotropic breathwork.

I think holotropic breathwork is there as a complementary tool to be used from time to time.It can help you in your path very much,specially when you feel stuck and need some inspiration and impulse.

I love shamanic works and i find it really interesting,but its a powerfull stuff and you should selfpace extremly 8at least here).Thahs why i use this stuff from time to time.

The concret experience here is: Very much peace inside,real love,expansion. The main centre of experience here is the heart area.I feel very deep inner conection there.Very very subtle but powerful feelings of purification there.
I think h.b. gives you very much purification and development,but inner silence...i think meditation is the only way over the long term...

I cant answer your question clearly cz im involved in ayp practices and theres a mix of effects here now...but i think hb is more related with purifictation than inner silence (altought the first days after the session you can feel some inner silence due to the powerful h.b experience)..

Edited by - miguel on May 04 2010 08:10:31 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000