AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 How long if we don't cut the frenum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bliss_

25 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  2:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit bliss_'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How long would it take to go past the uvula and into the throat cavity without explicitly cutting the frenum?

When we don't explicitly cut the frenum, we just push the tongue as in talabya kriya, at the end will the frenum be just more elongated or will it be cut altogether?

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  2:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe 'Talabya kriya', to the extent to which it works, works by chafing the surface of the frenum, and thereby gradually, very gradually, cutting into it.

So 'Talabya kriya' contains some frenum-cutting.

>> If you don't cut the frenum in some way, how long will it take you to get past the uvula?

Ten thousand years, for most people. Seriously. I really mean 'never in this life'.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 25 2006 2:56:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i would disagree. I did it without snipping. well i tried snipping once but gave it up because i didn't need it. I have met several people who can do it for fun with no preperation for brief periods of time so I would say that this is a very individual issue. I am referring to entry into stage 2 kechari into the nasopharynx, notthe throat cavity which is quite different.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2006 :  09:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Victor, I think you missed a bit: ten thousand years, for most people. Do you still disagree?
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2006 :  11:17:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I may come from a kechari talented family. Both my brother and son were able to do it when I asked them to try but maybe we are freaks.
I'll have to keep in touch with this board for ten thousand years to give an informed answer. I really don't know. My feeling is that it may not be as difficult as some may believe but it is a very individual thing.

Edited by - Victor on Jan 26 2006 11:18:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2006 :  4:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's really dead simple:

Tie Dog A to tree with various ropes, minimum length 10 feet. Tie Dog B to tree with various ropes, minimumum length 20 feet.

How long will it take Dog B to get 15 feet from the tree without cutting the rope? Straight away.

Dog A? 10 thousand years!!

It all depends on what frenum you have.

Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  01:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So you really don't believe that stretching teh tongue is fruitful. In my experience that is not true. I was able to get my tongue just past the uvula at first but after actively stretching it I found that I was able to go deeper. For me the frenum does not seem like an unyoelding rope but like any part of the body that rsponds to being stretched.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2006 :  10:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor,

yes, I have over-simplified --- stretching the tongue certainly is fruitful, but only until the frenum-limit is reached. Once the frenum-limit is reached, milking the tongue does not in itself produce extension. And where exactly the frenum-limit is for you depends on your own individual anatomy.

To explain what I mean by 'frenum limit', I have to add a little more to the analogy.

To make the analogy more complete, the dogs are attached by both soft, stretchable plastic cable and unstretchable rope at the same time. The rope and cable are seperately attached to him and the tree. The stretchable plastic cable is 'muscle'. The rope, which does not stretch, is frenum, which is made of tendon.

Let's say Dog B is attached by a 20-foot rope and a 13-foot plastic cable. He tries to get 15 feet from the tree. He can't now -- he can only get 13 feet from the tree because he is limited by the plastic cable (muscles).

Pulling hard will help him stretch the plastic cable. (This is where 'milking the tongue' produces short-term help). Maybe in a matter of a week or less, the plastic cable is now 15 feet long and he reaches 15 feet. He continues progressing, with the plastic cable stretching until the plastic cable is 20 feet long, as long as the rope. Then he is limited by the rope. No further pulling helps because the rope does not stretch.

He has reached the 'frenum limit'.

Until you reach the frenum limit, milking the tongue can produce quick progress in length. But then the progress stops, and only cutting will get you further.

For me, stretching the tongue muscle gave me about I'm guessing a half-inch max on tongue extension and then I was at the frenum limit. There was no further progress from there no matter how hard and long I pulled. And I still was not far enough for full kechari.

Consider Dog A above. No matter how short or long the plastic rope attached to him is, his 'frenum limit' is at 10 feet, the length of his rope, and no pulling will get him beyond it.

By the way, even though 'milking the tongue' stops producing extension in itself at a certain point, it starts to gain its own value for frenum-cutting because it brings the frenum fibers close to the surface and densely packs them there, ideal for cutting.

Does that all make sense?

Edited by - david_obsidian on Jan 27 2006 11:23:57 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000