Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Eye sight..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wivked

Azerbaijan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  2:38:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit wivked's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks..

My eyes are getting weaker and weaker

Because i work alot on the computer.
Also there is something strange about my gaze,
when i see or gaze, sometimes i think i use too much
energy to see. As if my eyes are using too much energy.

Is there a yoga practice for this.
For calming down my eyes, eyesight.
Or maybe even recovering.

Also i read about anti-glare monitors and glasses..
whats your opinion about this..

Kind regards,

Wicky

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 28 2010 2:55:50 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  2:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  3:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Wicky,

A simple thing you can do is: every couple of minutes take some time to look away from the computer, into the distance. It isn't good to be focused for long stretches of time.

(Optional: When you do that, imagine/feel as if your own head is dropped inside of your heart in the center of your chest...this causes your energy to be in there.) This will train your eyes to not leech so much energy away.

You can also order an "eye pillow" for at the end of the day. It will help relax the eyes, and take the energy from them. Just a few minutes is enough to help.

Also, paying attention to your other senses can help. Go for a slow walk and listen to the wind and birds, instead of looking around. Feel the movement of the breath in your belly. Things like that...
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  3:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh another thing...it is good to wear corrective lenses. If you don't see clearly, it's easy to strain your eyes while doing daily tasks...so wearing glasses (and sunglasses when outdoors) is another way to help take away energy from the eyes.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  8:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wicky,

I don't know of a yoga technique to help, but I have a chronic eye issue and also stare at monitors all day. My eyes were constantly red, irritated and sensitive to light. Finally I saw a doctor and he gave me a natural remedy and it has worked so far.... This is what I did:
1. every so often, move your gaze away from the computer screen and glance in to the distance. Set a timer if you don't remember.
2. I had them turn off the irritating florescent light directly overhead above my desk.
3. Once in a while, I put a drop of eye lubricant in my eyes. Just one drop in each eye.

And like Scott said, I actually needed corrective lenses to see my monitors clearly for the very detailed work that I do--it helps me avoid straining my eyes.

Oh, one other thing. Years ago I did try an anti-glare screen at one point and really didn't care for it. But you might like it.

I hope you heal soon!

Kathy

Edited by - NagoyaSea on Apr 28 2010 8:52:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  01:39:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wivked

there is something strange about my gaze

I am using Anti Glare glasses from a few years. I can't look at the Monitor or TV screen for more than a few minutes without them.

They are wonderful. Get one immediately and you will notice the difference.

Regarding putting too much energy in your gaze. Its a gift a few people have/develop. You can focus your awareness towards a single point. Search Trataka here in the forum and web.

Have you ever gazed into your own eyes in a mirror? Try it. Gaze into your own eyes while standing next to the mirror. Gaze as long as you can. Let us know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  01:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
about the staring in the mirror, you might see some very weird and sometimes unpleasant stuff so beware not to be frightened it means nothing and this is something we used to try me and my friends when we were in our early teens.

on the other hand mirrors are very much used in the dark arts.

L&L
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  02:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

on the other hand mirrors are very much used in the dark arts.

not sure about that but please do not worry if you do see something weird

our mind/ego has an inbuilt mechanism. it will retreat immediately if anything unpleasant happens to its safety. this we call fear.

i never had any unpleasant or frightening experiences with this method.

the first time i did this i became invisible in the mirror. the mirror became empty. it was beautiful.

this method also reminds me of a book named 'when only the eyes of the maharishi remained' (don't know exactly if its the correct name)
Go to Top of Page

wivked

Azerbaijan
19 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  07:16:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit wivked's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you All , for your responses..

I will try, to look away from the computer into the distance.
I will make it a habit, and shall try the mirror technique.

Thats for now,

Also, a question: where can you buy those anti-glare glasses?

thx

Wicky
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  12:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to video regrading Yoga and Eye Care
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000