Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Eyes - detached and damaged retina
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AustrianYogi

Austria
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  9:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello and Atma Namaste from Vienna, Austria!

In 2003, after 13 (!) operations on the retina I was nearly completely blind and my spiritual life began. I had to quit my job (manager in a great business) and started my healing.

With the help of John of God, a great Brazilian spiritual healer, I stopped the illness (detachment of retina in both eyes, deterioration of retina) and began to improve. I studied many healing systems: Pranic Healing (Choa Kok Sui), Pranayama, Healing Imagination and I improved. The best doctors from Austria cannot believe that I am not blind.Nevertheless my eyesight is still weak: Left eye - retina detached, I can see colours and shapes, right eye - 30% eyesight (2003: 4%); I can read, sometimes without magnifier

My question now is: Now I am studying Qigong, but informations about the deeper teachings of this system are not available per books or internet. But I am impressed by sending life energy (Qui) to affected parts of the body. I know Pranayama very well - but it is holistic, for the whole body. Does there exist a yogic technique of sending prana directly to an affected part of the body? I am now 42, have a strong and healthy body except my eyes.

Thank you very much,

Andreas from Austria

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  9:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that's quite easy, but I don't think it is what you need. prana goes where your attention and will go, that's why we do "spinal breathing" (click on main lessons above, it's in one of the early lessons).

The prana reserve is normally at the base of the spine, and spinal breathing brings it up to the third eye and back down to the perineum, which is the safe way of learning to move it, and purifying the pathway.

It is dangerous to just move lifeforce (prana, ki, chi, etc.) to the area of desired healing, although I don't know why. Maybe someone else will chime in and answer that. It may have to do with unbalancing the concentration of it in areas of the body where it is not spiritually ready to go yet.

Spinal breathing pranayama as taught in the lessons is a safe way of controlling prana. Then it is my personal belief that healing can be done by God, if your devotion and faith is strong over a long period of time. you must believe that God can heal you, and thank him for the healing beforehand because your belief is so strong.
Also you must completely accept the possibility that it may not be his will to heal you.
If you don't have a strong belief, just practice believing and increase your desire, while doing your two daily practices.

One of my fellow students a few years back, when I studied Ninjutsu, had gained good control of chi. He had an elbow problem that he wished to have healed. He calmed himself, meditated, then strongly directed his lifeforce to the bad elbow. His whole arm started flailing about uncontrollably for about five minutes. It scared the crap out of him, and it did not heal it at all. He said he would never do that again!
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  09:23:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andreas,

Welcome to the forum.

quote:
Andreas wrote:

Does there exist a yogic technique of sending prana directly to an affected part of the body?

Yes.

There is a book called Yoga and Health, in America and Sport and Yoga in Europe by Yesudian and Haich.

It contains the exercise you are looking for.

If you are interested, pick up a copy of their book and see what you think.

Best wishes, yb.

Go to Top of Page

AustrianYogi

Austria
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  08:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for your advice and help!

Andreas
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  5:37:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi AustrianYogi!
i lived in Vienna myself for 5 months- it's one of my favorite places! thanks for sharing about your retina detachment. i myself had a retina detachment in my right eye in the year 2000 (2 months before going to Vienna actually) and they put a scleral buckle in my eye and the surgery was succesfful, and my vision is fine now (VERY poor vision!! but fine). i remember driving with one eye for a month and a half while the eye was healing and taking final exams with one eye- not recommended!! ironically i got my retina checked today actually (always an uncomfortable process, wouldn't you agree).
anyway, i'm more and more fascinated by Ayurveda and have been reading and practicing alot of it and i love it! my dominant dosha is Vata (and i mean REALLY Vata) and i'm learning all my past and current health issues can likely be traced back to an unbalanced Vata dosha - my skin is dry, tendency toward anxiety, fear, spaciness, etc. so the more i align myself with the recommendations for pacifying my dosha the more my symptoms dissipate. i'm not sure biologically how this is connected to the retina detachment but i would bet that it was due to my Vata being imbalanced (who knows, there could be other factors too?) but the upshot is that i would highly recommend looking into Ayurveda because there is timeless amazing wisdom that could probably help your vision and overall health.
thanks for sharing- this is the closest i've gotten to actually meeting someone whose had a retina detachment- we are few and far between! all the best to you!
Go to Top of Page

AustrianYogi

Austria
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  06:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello clk1710!

Thank you for sharing! I am not at all an anxious person, I tried ayurveda for 1 month, could you already heal your detached retina with it? Did you try pranayams like "Anulom-Veelom"?

When do you come to Vienna again?

I wish you the best,

Andreas
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  12:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andreas, I don't think Ayurveda could actually heal a detached retina as I have known that to be something that is an acute condition that needs immediate surgery. but Ayurveda is just a suggestion to help in general with health and wellness and hopefully improve the general condition of the vision. i haven't tried "Anulom-Veelom," maybe i'll look into that. i don't have any plans to visit Vienna but perhaps at some point in the future i'll go back with my husband. take care!
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HELLO AUSTRIAN YOGI,

IT IS VERY NICE TO HEAR, THAT YOU WHERE
ABLE TO IMPROVE YOUR EYESIGHT AGAINST ALL ODS.

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN WAHT YOU HAVE SPECIFICALLY
UNDERTAKEN TO SUCCCEED.

I WILL TRY TO CONTACT YOU BY EMAIL

BEST REGARDS !!
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I TRIED TO CONTACT AUSTRIAN YOGI BUT I RECEIVED THE MESSAGE THAT
I NEED A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF POSTS TO DO SO.

HOW MANY DO I NEED - ANYONE KNOWS ?!

THANK YOU !!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  08:32:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forums SriTom.

You need 5 posts to be able to use the forum emailing service.
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2010 :  12:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answer, Shanti !
Go to Top of Page

SriTom

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  4:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello ! I tried to contact Austrian Yogi but the email adress in his profile is not valid anymore. Does anyone know how to contact him - I would like to exchange some thoughts on eye-healing with him. Thank you.

Edited by - SriTom on Aug 01 2010 03:41:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2010 :  8:46:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a new procedure in the USA for retinal detachment. I met someone who is going through it. They empty out the fluid in the eye, blow up a balloon inside the eyeball, then you have to stay face down for a long time. It is supposed to help re-attach the retina.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000