New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2007 :  7:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
supertrouper,

If you don't mind me asking, do you know where that PDF of the lessons can be obtained?? perhaps a torrent link or download link somewhere??
Go to Top of Page

Pyiswise

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  5:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now that we are all reminiscing about our adventures in the great systems of Yoga, Just
Thought I would share my experiences with Self-Realization Fellowship/YSS. Nowone can make a serious comparison with all other systems and SRF Kriya Yoga.
But I can say that after more than 50 years working with this Kriya Yoga system via SRF/YSS the promised results did come, and they are no less than awesome. I really like for the most, part what the SRF Matas have done for this work.
As for those of you who didn't get the results you were seeking, who knows why? I've found a lot of persons don't read carefully enough, and are actually shocked when I share with them "did you read this part?"
This is one of those complex parts of our human/spiritual existence. Perhaps system A was more suitable to your particular needs/makeup at some time in your life than system B. Things are so designed that it is almost impossible to compare different paths A &B in living practice. It only seems a little easier intellectually.
In order to actually do so one would say, after trying path A for 10 years, actually go back to the person he/she was and start all over again testing path B for 10 years while keeping meticulous records of research and any other effects of ones lifestyle changes during those 10 years[ which would never duplicate themselves.] So it is almost impossible to do a true comparison.
And if you add to this the great and common possibility that so many do not even follow instructions very accurately, and so of course did not get the best of results, even the attempt to test and compare different paths is extremely difficult and misaligned. We just aren't that smart –

It is like trying to hit a moving, disappearing, and reappearing target while using a mirror while you are riding a motorcycle on a bumpy dirt road. Try it sometime!

Then there is the experience of the Buddha, who they say tried so many things and decided to chuck it all and sit under the tree. But the fact is, it was all that other stuff he did for so many years that brought him to the point where he was capable of making that supreme final effort in whatever way he did. Buddha is still a yogi. There is no perfect system for all. But this world is so full of many rich and valuable paths that will take us to Self-Realization.

The biggest problem I have had with Self-Realization Fellowship was when it was time to apply for the Kriya Yoga lessons, [which are not charged for at all]. Those lessons are free!
Because I had the serious aversion to organizations, there was a hesitation for a short while. So I asked myself – what has been my experience with this divine path so far? And what have been the results? And just who is the Master?
After some thought on these matters, I decided that Yogananda was still the Guru {he was after 1952 my “living Guru” who was teaching me and guiding me for about 6 years before I knew His name] a long story! And I was still a beginner devotee, so let’s keep learning and growing. So I wrote back and took that wonderful pledge, and did gain so so much from that decision. It does take some time to understand the great benefits of working in the Guru –Disciple tradition. From the very first it creates the greatest freedom and self-transformative creative personal growth that is unmatched.
Well it took me many more years to understand why it was so important for Him to create this organization. And set it up to last for future millenniums. It seems a strange paradox that obedience to a guru is the path to total freedom. Yet in a very important way that idea is connected to "before you can lead you should learn to follow."
SRF will keep growing even after all the original direct disciples have passed on. SRF is a lot more than Kriya Yoga, & devotion [as wonderful as they are]. Yogananda taught us every method to attain that highest samadhi, japa yoga, mantra Yoga, karma yoga, kundalini in Kriya Yoga, gnani yoga, & how the true guru is God and is within, etc .
Many great souls are the product of this great path. Don’t get caught up in the false advertising about all those other systems which may or may not be better for your growth.

It will be a couple of thousand years before someone comes along with a system that is more complete of advanced than what Yogananda has left us. “It may not be for everyone, but it sure worked for me,” said Sri Daya Mata, past president of SRF/YSS. I echo her sentiments! We’re all here learning and growing and what a great adventure!
And meeting Daya Mata was a great consciousness changing darshan, and I said to myself –this is truly worth striving for no matter how long it takes. Great results do come from the SRF/YSS teachings and I found that there was nowhere else I had to go to grow!

The greatest bonus is that Paramahansa Yogananda still lives and works with his devotees, as thousands of persons have testified. As I myself have constantly experienced.
One important thing is that when one progresses in ones chosen path – the mind becomes less and less susceptible to false rationalizations. And one definitely becomes more able to see the difference between what is and is not. May begins to lose it hold on the mind.
The best we can hope for in this life is to be guided to find that path that will help us change the most during any time and place on this great journey from lifetime to lifetime until we are off the treadmill of the relative world.

Peace and wisdom to all in the name of all the Great Ones.
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2013 :  10:56:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My message is simple. My love and devotion to Babaji led me to a Swami where her disciple taught me Kriya yoga according to Babaji for almost 6 months. I am in limbo at present because my teacher quit on me,I believe due to personality conflict. Anybody have any suggestions? I
will look into what's been discussed on this topic, but it doesn't look promising when I tried to check them out.

love,

nirmal
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000