Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini, Memory, Bliss & Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2009 :  6:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Excellent article on Kundalini Bliss, Memory, Energy and overall biology/psychology, from the Biology of Kundalini site.

The article covers some fascinating details on how kundalini affects memory, energy and the experiencing of bliss.

It's quite comprehensive, and very authoritative, from both standpoints (biology *&* kundalini ).

Some Excerpts:

"During and forever after a kundalini awakening there is constant bliss to varying degrees."

"Bliss appears to be kundalini phenomena especially related to heart expansion and is a consequence of increased energy flow in the nerves."

"Normally we just hum along in our conditioned everyday consciousness, and then life seems to perturb this throwing us into heaven or hell depending on the circumstances. Hell...the death of a loved one, a breakup, losses of various kinds can be a direct route to Heaven. Any arousal of the Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis will cause increased activation of the opiate systems, whether the arousal be stress, shock, trauma, freeze, sports activity or sexual attraction. Kundalini represents perhaps the greatest ongoing efflux of opiates. Sometimes the bliss is so acute that it makes rational thought all but impossible."

"Memory takes tremendous energy. The energy used in an effort to maintain the sense of who we are right now prevents us from discovering what we might become. Thus the normal tight hold (neurosis) we have over who we are, our place in the world, and our past...keeps kundalini at bay. Once lit however kundalini dissolves our neurosis, our pain-body, accumulated stress and trauma, and does so by essentially flooding the limbic brain with bliss making us somatically forgetting our past."

"To balance out the bliss, overcome the diffusion and lack of focus and recover our edge we need to drink lots of water, reduce food intake, breath into the belly, jump into cold water to regain lucidity, take long walks in nature, get around falling water, take doses of spirulina and yerba mate etc... The Nootropic Formula listed in the supplement section might help with overcoming the bliss by stimulating higher cortical function. But I think that a serious attempt at addressing bliss overload requires more environmental stimulation, like radical sports, radical nature or radical social events to produce endogenous wakeup chemicals. I think there might be something in pinching the end of the nose, for during evolution the limbic system grew out of the olfactory system, giving the end of the nose a sharp pinch seems to wake the brain up a little. "

"Neuroadaptation is the principle element of physical addiction and drug tolerance. When the brain is frequently exposed to a drug it adapts to compensate for the presence of the drug; so that if the drug is stopped, it leaves the brain 'overcompensating' and in disequilibrium in an unaccustomed way. Whatever pain or anxiety condition the drug was masking returns with a vengeance in a "rebound" experience. During kundalini ecstatic peak events and stages our brain would become neuroadapted to excessive levels of "up" chemicals, so that when that cycle is over and chemistry flips the other way we can go through an extreme withdrawal. Hence both the Dark Night experience and the exhaustion phase are often accompanied by withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, depression, memory problems, lack of motivation, and feelings of emptiness. Because of both neuroadaptation and neuron damage kundalini awakenings can be just as much a downer trip as a high, especially to the uninformed."

"Nathan Luno has an amazing website on the use of the drug Ecstasy; especially check out his neurotoxicity section. Kundalini researches might be interested in this as an info source. Specifically in the area of how like Ecstasy, kundalini might create excess dopamine release that could damage serotonin receptors in the brain. Kundalini is likely to increase the release of transmitters from synapses because of the increased charge in nerves, increased Ca2+, NO and ATP, heightened adrenaline and norepinehrine. The enzyme monoamine oxidase (MAO) breaks down the neurotransmitters norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine in the brain. MAO's occur in high concentrations in the blood, liver, stomach, brain and intestines. During Kundalini or Ecstasy use however the brain may be so loaded with neurotransmitters that the available MAO may be insufficient to deal effectively with them. So during the extreme ecstasy (up) and dark night (down) events there is likely to be dopamine damage to the serotonin receptors, similar to that which occurs on the drug Ecstasy."

"Since raised kundalini means an activation of the sympathetic nervous system the demand for energy generation goes up, just as it does with the fight flight response ... the body uses water for the generation of hydroelectric energy, especially in the neurotransmission mechanisms. Thus the demand for water increases during kundalini."

"Increase in vasopressin during the heart expansions and inner-conjunctions might be one of the factors involved in cortical shutdown during extreme kundalini events."

"The drug Ecstasy (MDMA) is a phenylethylamine, and there are similarities in the symptoms of kundalini and use of Ecstasy: expanded heart, feeling of love, oneness with others, amplified senses and increased energy. Phenylethylamine along with dopamine no doubt propel us into the "super-sensoral realm" associated with the peak of awakening. When all senses are greatly heightened, one has transcendental vision, celestial music plays in one's head and the muse is practically sitting on one's shoulder. The incredible love and heart expansions that occur during the influx and transmutation are similar to the heart opening that happens on Ecstasy. Nitric oxide, oxytocin and vasopressin are probably key in the dilation of the vascular system that occurs during heart expansions."

... and the excerpts above represent *maybe* 10% of the article; there's a LOT of info there (highly specific info that it seemed might potentially be helpful to forum members/readers .... and so: here ya go! )

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2009 :  8:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome article Kirtanman!

I wonder if certain opiate-blocking medications like METHADONE or SUBOXONE would block these opiates generated by kundalini???

Hey Carson if you're out there - were you still on methadone by the time you had your kundalini awakened??
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2009 :  9:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BellaMente

Awesome article Kirtanman!

I wonder if certain opiate-blocking medications like METHADONE or SUBOXONE would block these opiates generated by kundalini???

Hey Carson if you're out there - were you still on methadone by the time you had your kundalini awakened??

Glad you found it helpful, Bellamente.

FYI, Methadone doesn't block opiates; it stimulates them; Suboxone partially blocks, partially stimulates. ("Google is our friend", if you care to research on your own ... use keywords agonist {stimulates receptors} and antagonist {blocks receptors}), along with the names of whatever drugs/medications you want to know about.

In my experience, and as the article we're discussing also says:

Kundalini awakening (over a bit of time/unfolding), eliminates the perceived *need* for drugs, because it not only releases the chemicals in the brain/body that certain drugs do (opioids, cannabinoids, endorphins, dopamine, oxytocin, etc.) ... it releases them (ultimately) in perfect bio-balance for the given body-mind.

As I write this post, I'm enjoying a subtle yet quite pleasant awareness-bliss that's more enjoyable than any chemical high can be, and if for any reason I feel like "kicking it up" a notch, or a few hundred thousand ... that's available instantly and completely; no kidding (and no exaggeration; if I feel like inducing ecstasy-bliss infinitely beyond what mind conceived to be possible not that many years ago .... it's all always available.)

Why, though?

Good ol' open, natural awareness is *that* good; all states are always available ... and yet there's no motivation to artificially induce any.

If I wasn't living it, I'd never believe it myself.

When there's no pain ... there's no need for pain relief.

When yoga talks about liberation .... it's talking about true freedom .... freedom beyond imagination.

It's not exotic.

It's not supernatural.

But it is liberation.

And everyone's always invited.

_/\_
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  8:10:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm... I thought methadone also blocked opiates.

I know from experience suboxone blocks opiates, at least the 'high' they produce- I found that out the hard way when I first started getting the subs from my dad thinking they were just a regular opiate, then days after taking it would take some vicodin or drink some morphine and would not feel a thing!

I am tapering off them now, I am so close but just not there yet. I got myself down all the way to taking only 1/12 of what I used to take (I went from 16 mg to 1.3 mg) but did it way too fast and just could not handle it so I went up a little again.

Trust me- I can't wait until the day I have no desire or need for them- or anything else for that matter! And I sure the hell hope it will be soon...

So far since I started AYP I quit drinking (except maybe an occasional glass of wine), I gave up my serious addiction to redbulls and other energy stuff and started drinking green tea (Yogi brand ) I am almost to the point of quitting smoking (I just got a fake electronic cigarette that you use to inhale nicotine vapor- it is actually pretty cool it looks/feels exactly like a cigarette except it is all black with a line of gold, and when you hit it it glows neon green at the end and you literally blow out smoke/vapor!) and I am in the process of stopping the subs. This is all in addition to the fact I am more calm and peaceful and happy despite whatever stress I am going through, and less violently angry than I am accustomed to.... I still have the social anxiety and low self esteem though, hopefully this will smooth out over time...

My new slogan is "I used to be self-medicated, now I'm self-MEDITATED!"
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  11:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hmmm... I thought methadone also blocked opiates.

Google is our friend.

... and it sounds like you're doing a great job going from feeling-being addicted to a lot of stuff in a lot of ways ..... to finding a good/natural yogic balance.

And obviously, intuition will guide you as to how to manage the rest ... but, as I said before: every ego is addictive, it's just a matter of degree ... and that degree can vary a lot from moment to moment.

Releasing addictions psychologically is tougher than releasing them physiologically ... and the more you can manage it physiologically, the easier it will be.

For instance: if you feel you can't "handle" a decrease, chances are that that means your *thoughts* have told you that, yes?

If you start to notice how your body actually feels ... as opposed to how you're afraid, based on your thinking, that it might feel, or how you imagine you might feel in situations you think can't handle without the "buffer" of whatever-it-may-be (opiates, wine, energy drink, cigarette ... "all of the above" ... ) ... you'll find the decrease-stopping of whatever substance or behavior to be a lot easier, and less painful ... and probably faster.

And, as I wrote earlier .... daily practices are the best single favor you can do for yourself, releasing-addiction-wise.

A lot of us, in one way or another, to one degree or another ... used to be addicted to a LOT ... including the idea of ourselves as an ego-self.

Now, desires that used to seem like they might never be overcome ..... don't even arise.

Yoga is amazing, because it adjusts biochemistry from the inside ... literally giving you what is ultimately the best, most balanced overall mix of consciousness/biochemistry ... which is what eliminates the desire, ultimately.

The stress of the misperceptions called "ego and its thinking" creates stresses in the body-mind, that create perceived lack, that create addictive desires and behavior.

That's why even twelve step has a fairly low percentage of success:

The root cause (the misperception called ego) is never eradicated, and so "not relapsing" is perceived as a lifelong battle.

Yoga eradicates the root cause of all the trouble.

All the trouble.

quote:

My new slogan is "I used to be self-medicated, now I'm self-MEDITATED!"

When I went to my twentieth high school reunion (in 1999), they had a booklet they published, asking people:

"What have you been doing for the last twenty years?"

I wrote:

"Traveling: from transcendental medication ... to transcendental meditation."

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2009 :  11:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi BelleMente....

quote:

The first time I had full "kundalini activity" was soon after I came off methadone.....but, I wouldn't say my kundalini *is* awakened....at least not full time. I have moments/hours/days where it is, but in general it is not. I started a thread a little while ago called "Subconscious in control of the pace of Evolution?" (or something like that) because I don't think I am ready for the full power of kundalini. Everytime I have a moment/hour/day(s) of full kundalini activity there are problems.....electronics around me blow up, I have been knocked completely unconscious while having a shower from a kundalini rush, 10 day long migraine etc etc...I am not ready. I think that my subconscious is allowing it to happen slowly and allow my nervous system to acclimatize itself so that when it does become fully awakened it isn't as jarring as it could be. I can tell, and it has been verified by the acupuncturist I visit monthly, that my upper chakras are all open and spinning well....the crown, third eye, throat and heart are all open....my lower three chakras all open and close and reverse as....well as they do. I can notice with spinal breathing that it is easy for me to feel the sushumna from the heart up, but from the heart down it is often difficult for me to connect to it. For the past few months I have been using Targetted Bastrika for a few minutes twice daily on the bottom three chakras, and the "sensitivity" has increased a little, but only when these chakras are open do I have full kundalini activity. I am in no rush though, it will happen when I am ready.

I don't know this for sure, but I have an intuition that my "full kundalini awakening" will be my "full awakening". I have a feeling that I am having a "top down awakening" (this term has been used by a few others, but I don't know if what I am experiencing is similar to them or not, I haven't read up on it.....I just use the term because that seems to be an accurate description of what is happening). I have a feeling that "next" I need to deal with the "nutrition aspect" of my spirituality to open the manipura chakra, then I need to deal with my "sex issues" so I can open the svadistana chakra, and I'm not totally sure exactly what I will need to do/deal with in order to open the muladhara chakra, but I'm sure when it is time I will know.

I guess this is a long way of me saying, "my kundalini isn't awakened yet". Sorry for blabbing

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  1:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Carson, that really helped me more than you know... I thought everyone on here had full-blown active kundalini with lifetimes of spiritual experience, and here I am with nothing but some mere pranic movements... You encouraged me to not feel as if I have something wrong with me (I was thinking that maybe I had been an evil person in past lives and started to feel guilty!) and now I know not to rush and push myself.... Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  10:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad that helped BelleMente....

Trying to force things, or trying in general I guess, seems to push the object of your attention even further from reach, so relax, settle into the flow, and allow things to open as they do....they are going to anyways so really there is no point in worrying about it or putting undo pressure on yourself or your experience.

Love ya!
Carson
Go to Top of Page

tapan0

India
1 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  04:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit tapan0's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello what does it mean that one can have sex and also retain sperm
i didnt understand that part
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  12:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tapan0 and welcome to the AYP forums!

quote:
what does it mean that one can have sex and also retain sperm

It means that one can have sex but choose not to orgasm, thus retaining the sperm for the purposes of "cultivation" (energy cultivation).

It may be helpful to read through the Tantra Lessons for a more in depth view of these types of practices. You can read those here: http://www.aypsite.org/TantraDirectory.html

Good luck and hope to hear more from you soon!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2009 :  10:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In regards to the original post, have definitely gone through an extended phase where memory was noticeably affected. Goes hand in hand with living more in the present and hardly ever thinking of the past I guess. Have noticed though that it seems to have recovered and to be working more normally again thankfully. The whole thinking process changes a lot after inner energy awakening, less convoluted and more direct in general.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000