Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Crown Phobia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  01:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Since about two years ago when I read about crown opening in AYP lessons, I've been into a state of "Crown Phobia" worrying about having a premature crown opening! I basically made sure not to do any practice that could stimulate the crown chakra. I omitted "Crown" sutra from cosmic samyama, stopped wearing a hat and made sure the pillow doesn't touch the top of my head when I'm in bed. These were all precautions and I wasn't even ecstatic at the time. I just feared that a premature crown opening is about the only thing that can stop me on my spiritual path.

Two years passed and things have changed. I've got some ecstatic conductivity going and my kechari level 1 has just started to feel good! But at the same time I've started having sensations on top of my head!!! My biggest fear is, as an ADHD, my attention goes were it feels good. So if I start feeling ecstacy on my crown chakra there's no way I can turn my attention away from it and I'll end up diving into Gopi Krishna's drama.

I'm hoping you guys would tell me that I'm crazy and a little sensation on Crown chakra every now and then is not gonna result in premature crown opening.

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  04:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

The AYP practices are designed to open the crown chakra as kundalini expands in your body. With SBP when prana is activated in the sushumna nadi, some prana will flow up into the Brahma nadi to begin to open the crown. When this happens, it is the right time for the crown to open. So it is a good sign that you are getting sensations at the crown and means that the practices are working.

It is also natural that your attention will go to the crown when things are happening there. If it becomes too dramatic (too much energy flowing through the crown), you can use sambhavi mudra to redirect the energy to the ajna chakra. If you start to feel uncomfortable with the level of activity at the crown then you can self-pace your practice times accordingly.

The crown is a very beautiful part of the process of awakening. Enjoy.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2009 :  06:43:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went crazy the first time my body used pressure to pass the faeces. My face turned red and I thought what the hell was going on. But soon I realised it was normal/natural and the body has its own mechanism... nothing to worry about.

Just keep your senses awake, remain aware and let things happen when they happen.

It always feels good in the end. Ahhhhh....

You are blessed :)
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2009 :  8:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, your words are very comforting. I'm still wondering though how much attention to the crown chakra can result in a premature opening? does it open with a few minutes of attention or a few hours or days? And if it opens in the wrong time is there any way to close it back?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  06:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

Everyone has their own set of obstructions to remove, so it is different for everyone. In general though, I would say that by the time your kundalini is awakened and you are experiencing ecstatic conductivity and you are doing the AYP practices, you would have to stray pretty far from the general guidelines for things to go wrong with the crown. SBP establishes the primary flow of prana between root and brow, which gives stability to the process of crown opening. You will have sensations at the crown as it opens, and those sensations will grow stronger over time, so that is nothing to worry about.

The key is, that if you start to get uncomfortable symptoms either during practices or during the day, then it is time to self-pace your practices accordingly.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  06:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you do have a phobia :)

i think you should go ahead and let your crown open prematurely.

here is how to close it when its opened:

bow down and let your crown touch the ground. surrender to mother earth and request it to close your crown and ground you (come back to sanity if things go worse or beyond your control).

that's it.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil....

quote:
Originally posted by Emil

I'm hoping you guys would tell me that I'm crazy and a little sensation on Crown chakra every now and then is not gonna result in premature crown opening.

You're crazy and a little sensation on Crown chakra every now and then is not gonna result in premature crown opening.

Hahaha.....just telling you what you want to hear ......AND telling you my opinion too, haha.

For me, the crown is fully open and very very active.....and my lower two chakras still have some obstructions that are being purified...so I think that there is no guarantee that when the crown opens you are headed for a Gopi Krishna type of experience, even if it opens before some of the other chakras.....that wasn't the case here anyways. I'm sure there are ample reasons that Yogani has laid out the lessons and precautions that he has in regards to crown opening, but in my experience it is possible to have a smooth crown opening without experiencing what Gopi Krishna did. I would say that the phobia is unwarranted and that worrying about things, trying to control things, is the opposite of what is appropriate. Life knows what is needed/best, and if that means your crown opens before some of the other chakras, then that is what is needed/best. I think (just my opinion here) that PREmature crown awakenings would be when there has been little to no purification in the nervous system before hand and the crown is FORCED open....it doesn't sound to me like that is going to be possible with you since you have been practicing AYP already for two years. I would suggest that you relax into the process and allow things to take the course they do without excess worrying/effort to control the process. Sounds to me like things are coming along great.....relax and enjoy this....it is a beautiful thing.

With Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil,

You might find this post by Yogani of interest:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2921#25495
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2009 :  11:32:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Emil, I can understand your concern. I had a couple scary crown-related experiences at the beginning of the year. But I think worrying about it doesn't help either. That's all I can say about it, because I'm only in the beginning of crown-opening also. I wish you the best

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

For me, the crown is fully open and very very active.....and my lower two chakras still have some obstructions that are being purified.

Hey Zi-man, do you find that your crown being open/active helps with purifying the lower chakras at all? My crown's been opening this year, but I know most of my other chakras are deficient (esp. 1st and 3rd). Thanks for any insight you may have.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2009 :  01:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Cosmic....

quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Hey Zi-man, do you find that your crown being open/active helps with purifying the lower chakras at all? My crown's been opening this year, but I know most of my other chakras are deficient (esp. 1st and 3rd). Thanks for any insight you may have.

What I find is that having an open third eye (mine is extremely open.....so open that I was invited to take part in a "seer" {remote viewing} course {invitation only} by my accupuncturist) helps in knowing exactly where the blockages lie but other then that I have found that the only real benefit to an open crown (so far...at least that I have noticed) is the Grace element. To me it seems that with an open crown there is an inpouring of "Grace" from "above". Other then that I haven't noticed a whole lot.....other then a really itchy top of my head

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000