AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Papaji on the Divine Mother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  08:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
this quote is written by me and it's from the book "nothing ever happened" by David Godman.
http://www.fieldsbooks.com/cgi-bin/...process.html

and it should be pointed out that Papaji is a direct disciple of Ramana Maharshi and one hell of a hardcore advaitan.

in this quote Papaji speaks clearly that one can reach enlightenment either by the Grace of the Mother\Kundalini\Holy Spirit or through the Grace of a teacher.

and yes it is Grace, when my kundalini first awakened a huge pillar of white light came streaming from above and filled my entire being if that is not grace i don't know what is.

all i can say is that it was one of the best scenery i ever had with angels, music, harmony.. the whole deal you name it.

quote:
Question: How can the Mother's grace help us to realize the Self?

Papaji: You need the grace of the Mother,or the grace of your teacher. If you have received this grace, you have received a great blessing. When the Divine Mother blesses you, from within you there will arise the desire, 'I want to be free!' You will not get this desire from your biological mother, you will only get it from the Divine Mother who lives within you. This shakti, this Divine Mother, gives you the urge to look within to find out who she is, what she is, and where she comes from. She only blesses a few people in this way. There are six billion people in this world today, but only a few of them have been picked out by the Mother.

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  09:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
and yes it is Grace, when my kundalini first awakened a huge pillar of white light came streaming from above and filled my entire being if that is not grace i don't know what is.

all i can say is that it was one of the best scenery i ever had with angels, music, harmony.. the whole deal you name it.

Ananda,i would like to know more about that experience if its possible.Maybe you shared here it with us? could you give a link to that treath,please?

I would like to read more about your experience if it would be possible. When and what tools were you using in that moments?

I hope im not asking too much.But im interested and apreciatte inspiration from other people paths.

quote:

I have had a similar experience some time ago and that wonderful place is absolutely real and beautiful.I cant describe it,just feel it.I want to reach that place from this place we call earth.I want to open the door,but dont know how.I just continue sticking with my meditation day by day.My bhakty and inquiry guides me and dissolve the clouds that hide the sun of God and His wonderfull eternal shine.
This experience happened to me the night before a yoga retreat with a mantra yagna ceremony when a silver ray cleaned my astral body and after that cleansing my healed astral body got very light and and ascended to that heavenly realms.Yogananda presence was close to me then.

Thanks.

Edited by - miguel on Dec 18 2009 09:52:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  09:12:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

in this quote Papaji speaks clearly that one can reach enlightenment either by the Grace of the Mother\Kundalini\Holy Spirit OR through the Grace of a teacher.

So we have a dualistic possibility, here, to get enlightened! ;)

Great news!
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  09:41:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Allow me to share this Osho story of a monk - Chikanzenji - who, after years of all kinds of sadhanas and daily seeking, suddenly became enlightened, while mowing down weeds around a temple..

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/E...htenment.htm

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by miguel

quote:

Ananda,i would like to know more about that experience if its possible.Maybe you shared here it with us? could you give a link to that treath,please?

I would like to read more about your experience if it would be possible. When and what tools were you using in that moments?

I hope im not asking too much.But im interested and apreciatte inspiration from other people paths.

quote:

I have had a similar experience some time ago and that wonderful place is absolutely real and beautiful.I cant describe it,just feel it.I want to reach that place from this place we call earth.I want to open the door,but dont know how.I just continue sticking with my meditation day by day.My bhakty and inquiry guides me and dissolve the clouds that hide the sun of God and His wonderfull eternal shine.
This experience happened to me the night before a yoga retreat with a mantra yagna ceremony when a silver ray cleaned my astral body and after that cleansing my healed astral body got very light and and ascended to that heavenly realms.Yogananda presence was close to me then.

Thanks.

hi Miguel and thank you for writing and sharing.

concerning such experiences, they are just experiences "scenery" as i am sure you know so let's just not focus too much on them and enjoy them when they come but neither attach to nor seek such stuff.

the experience happened before coming here and the main reason behind it was the sadhana in the book raja yoga by Swami Vivekananda (Sri Ramakrishna's closest disciple) which i pushed my limit with a bit and practiced for about six months before the awakening happened but i wasn't a brahmasharia all the time.

you can still find the book for free on the net if you google after it.

btw while reading "No mind, I am the Self", i found out that Sri Lakshmana Swami used to do the same sadhana as well before he met Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi...

hope this helps,

tc bro(f)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:30:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Christina, the story reminds me of the book "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse and that of Ananda a very close disciple of the Buddha.

concerning duality it's just Maya, and as Papaji once said: 'all of this exist just to point at me."

all of this existence and this play of Maya is just to realize the self, it's all just a game and in the end there is no duality for the Self only is and nothing exist in separation from the Self.

i used to experience extreme states of duality when in the witness but when Yogani redirected my focus and told where to enquire and how to melt everything in the witness i discovered unity and there really wasn't anything except unity.

my guest just arrived i gtg now.

tc sweety(f)
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  3:50:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Ananda.
Yes,i know we shouldnt get atached to that experiences altought its difficult sometimes

I know that book,im gonna search it.Only for inspirational purposes.

Ramakrishna was a great soul.I recomend you "life of Ramakrishna" by romain rolland.Its a very good work from a western autor.I like it so much and theres lot of information about the master in this book.

Thanks for sharing and take care.Hope all is going well.

PS-
quote:
i used to experience extreme states of duality when in the witness but when Yogani redirected my focus and told where to enquire and how to melt everything in the witness i discovered unity and there really wasn't anything except unity.

Would be great if you share with us what did yogani told you please.I experience that duality from the witness and would be really helpful here.what was his advice for this "problem"? is there a lesson about this? if not...would be great to have a lesson in the future about it (thank you yogani).

Edited by - miguel on Dec 18 2009 3:58:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2009 :  9:36:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Miguel, i just got home and it's really late over here...

thank you for the recommendation i read a huge shunk of the Ramakrishna Gospel once...

i might take another look at the book when i have the time, i am reading right now the three volumes of "Nothing ever happened" they arrived a week ago to Leb and i have 8 books coming very soon and 2 others on the way...

and yes there is a lesson:

Lesson 333 – Dissolving the Witness in Unity
http://www.aypsite.org/333.html

and hope you are having some sweet dreams at this moment Christina

namaste
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  05:32:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ananda,

Ramakrishna gospel is a great work.I must read it someday.

Is great that you share here in "what youre reading now?" treath all the books that are reading,like you already do.Theres lot of stuff outhere that inspire all of us.Thanks!
The difficult thing is to find that books that have the power to change many things in your life,like "A. of a yogi".

Thanks for the link to the lesson. There are toooo much lessons here and my english reading skills are limited.(its a slow slow process)...
(you english people are very lucky!)

I m gonna study that lesson.

Thank you ananda and yogani for the lesson.

Edited by - miguel on Dec 19 2009 05:37:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  05:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Thanks for the Vivekananda book reference. I started reading it. I find it really good. I can see this was an important historical figure, bridging west and east. Wonderful!

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

raja

India
48 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  07:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit raja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

From this i understood one thing,We cant make this happen,it should come to us on its own and it can take whatever the time it wants, sadhaka just needs to do the sadhana and wait for it.

Thanks
Raja
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  09:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Raja, yes one needs to do his sadhana it's about doing the purification work and then when the student is ready the teacher\teachings\Grace will appear.

and you are most welcome brother YogaIsLife.

namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000