This Freaking Rash Will Live On After I'm Dead
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  6:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I guess feelings of depression mean I must be overdoing practices"

I'd suggest avoiding extreme conclusions. "Must"? I didn't say that, nor would I. But it does fit with the constellation of your other symptoms. Which is likely why you placed it there.

Yes, surrender (i.e. stop resisting) is always a good approach. But too much attention on surrender is a problem (per my previous postings). So avoid extremes. Not one extreme, but also not the other extreme. I.e.: self pacing.

It literally feels like energy moving around, but it grounds the more I engage with people and as the day progresses

That's why I suggested it. And don't think you're spiritually short-changing yourself, either. It's an essential part of all this to keep immersing back in the human social world. Eventually, your silence and surrender will be there with you, as well.

I'm only doing 6 min SBP and 20 min DM, but I will cut down the SBP to 2-3 mins.

That's an extreme change. Be less extreme. Not one extreme, but also not the other.

You have a problem with this, I think. A little extreme-ness is good. Keeping up any spiritual practice, in this society, requires a somewhat extreme outlook. But I hear behind your words a concern (perhaps partially unconscious) that you're going too fast. I'm confirming that for you. Self-pacing doesn't come naturally to you. You seem to work in extremes. So: don't slam the brakes on (e.g. cut your practice time by 300%). But also don't walk around fixated on surrender over the course of your day.

Be mild in your approach to all this. If you forget what "mild" feels like, reread some of Yogani's lessons. He doesn't strike that simple, mild tone because he's a simpleton. He's trying to convey a perspective.

The first step to finding moderation and balance is noticing your lack of moderation and balance.

how does one self-pace surrender?

Don't steep in it. Don't obsess. Don't do it all the time.

All spiritual practice amounts to a variation on the theme of "surrender". Thinking about surrender during the day is therefore a spiritual practice, and has the potential for overdoing. Hold back. Be normal. Engage in the world. Ground. And, once you're doing that, and feel stable, and not having scary purification issues (just periodic light ones), you can slowly (not suddenly, not extremely) begin to increase your timings to see what you can handle without having ANY SORT OF NEGATIVE EFFECT (be it extreme purification issues, depression, subliminal worry about kundalini, headaches, confusion...ANYTHING). And don't stay right on the edge, either. Give yourself a buffer.

Be comfortable. This is a comfortable, gentle, mild practice. If it's not that for you, then, for the zillionth time, SELF-PACE.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 16 2013 9:04:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2013 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's how I fixed the problem..

Note that I had to go through this first, though.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000