Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 when to replace one practice with another
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2013 :  12:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everyone,

i am currently doing a considerable length of breath meditation as a replacement to deep meditation.

i recently added spinal breathing without too much instability and some pleasing results. (i seem to be ripening a little)

my question is this:

does breath meditation result in the same quality of inner silence that mantra meditation of iam produces.

this has come up because my meditation seems to be developing more ecstatic conductivity than inner silence.

i don't seem to have much abiding silence within which to rest when all this energy is moving around.

i seem to be ready for deep meditation but im scared of the resulting clunkiness which left me feeling overwhelmed and a bit scared.

namaste

joe

Jeanine

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2013 :  12:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joe,

I've only been meditating for about 5 months, so I'm very new to Deep Meditation. I did have some initial difficulty with it though. I had to ease into it. Maybe you could try doing Deep Meditation for just a minute or two. And stay with that for awhile to get used to it. Then, as time goes on, you could try adding another minute, and another, as you feel comfortable.

Edited by - Jeanine on Jul 27 2013 01:05:18 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000