Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Rekindle Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  3:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings All,

This is my first post and I've only known about AYP for about 2 weeks, so I'm truly a newbie.

I have sort of an urgent question and wondered if anyone could guide me to a previous thread where this subject may have been addressed or had some thoughts of their own. While going through some of the AYP books the past couple of weeks, I had the realization that the seminal experience of my life that happened in December of 1993 was in fact a spontaneous kundalini awakening. Everything in my life I have to reference as either pre or post December '93. I won't go into all of details of the opening, the lead up, aftermath, etc., but here's the question: once kundalini is awakened, can it dissipate if not nurtured properly? The context of the awakening was a pentecostal Christian group that was on the fringe of being a cult and that my wife and I escaped from 4 years later. Ever since, I've been trying to get back to where that experience left me and have gone through many, many variations of Christianity in order to find it. I'm an Eastern Orthodox Christian now.

Back to the point. I obviously survived the awakening, although I don't think it was an entirely healthy experience - my life was pretty freaked out for roughly the next decade and there has been a lot of collateral damage in family and other relationships that were destroyed by me and my zeal/freakout/religious conversion/fire baptism/kundalini thing. So, I want to pick up where I left off right after the initial opening and this time, go about the process the proper way. What I don't know is, does that energy need to be rekindled, or did it all fly away since I didn't ground it in proper practices , or is it still there, or do I need to go through a "do over", etc.? Any advice or direction would be tremendously appreciated. AYP is tying together a huge amount of loose ends for me, thanks to everyone for your work.

macarius,
Athens, GA

Edited by - macarius on Sep 11 2009 5:16:10 PM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  3:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by macarius

Greetings All,

Greetings indeed Macarius! Welcome to the AYP forums, glad you are here.

quote:

This is my first post and I've only known about AYP for about 2 weeks, so I'm truly a newbie.

Eh, we are all newbies in some way....don't let the feeling of "I know nothing" be anything but a blessing. "Beginners Mind" is truly a great place to be, not just for a beginner.

quote:

I won't go into all of details of the opening, the lead up, aftermath, etc., but here's the question: once kundalini is awakened, can it dissipate if not nurtured properly?

Simple answer would be "Yes".

quote:

Back to the point..........So, I want to pick up where I left off right after the initial opening and this time, go about the process the proper way. What I don't know is, does that energy need to be rekindled, or did it all fly away since I didn't ground it in proper practices , or is it still there, or do I to go through a "do over", etc.?

Hahaha...sorry if you are not meaning that to be funny, but the way you word things is awesome....a "do-over"....that's great. No, no do-overs with anything let alone kundalini...everything is a learning/growing process...even this life, which will lead into another (or at least another aspect). Everything happens for a reason and you have gone through this struggle for a reason. The experience you have had will benefit you in some way in the future.....if not in this life then in the next.

quote:

Any advice or direction would be tremendously appreciated. AYP is tying together a huge amount of loose ends for me, thanks to everyone for your work.

I'm sure that many here will give you the same advice, or would if I didn't beat them to it (there could be a few people writing posts to you right now, who knows)......In my opinion you should start here: http://www.aypsite.org/13.html with Deep Meditation......and then once decently established with that practice, add on this one: http://www.aypsite.org/41.html Spinal Breathing Pranayama. This will likely do wonderful things for you as you seem "ripe". You may run into some crazy "scenery" right off the bat due to your history, but that's what the AYP Support Forums and all of us participating here are for.

Wish you all the best and hope to hear more from you soon!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Sep 11 2009 3:59:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  3:59:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi macarius welcome to the forum.

Spontaneous sudden kundalini awakening can be very scary indeed but don't worry nothing has been destroyed it has just all calmed down, a good thing!!!

The best thing you can do is go to the main lessons here and follow the instructions carefully, take things one at a time and self pace don't try to recreate the experience you had before. It would also be a good idea to get hold of Yogani's book "Deep Meditation" you should be completely stable and happy with Deep meditation before you try to progress any further.
Hope this helps you, please keep us informed of your progress I am sure you will get much more advice and help here, we are all here to help one another.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  4:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi macarius, and welcome to the forums good to have you around.

IMHO kundalini is like a flower, and practices are like water...

if you read the main lessons in the AYP book, trust me you'll understand the ins and outs of kundalini and the details of your experience which is bhakti related if you were engaged in devotional spiritual practices...

every thing is in it's right place, you are where you are at and now is the time for you.

when the student is ready, the teacher\teachings will appear.

the guys have given you a good advise, go for it it's very much worth it and it really works but you don't have to take my word for it see for yourself.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2009 :  11:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Carson, Richard, and Ananda, thank you so much for the gracious and helpful replies! I'm so encouraged to hear your thoughts. I do have the Deep Meditation, Spinal Breathing, Tantra, Asanas Mudras and Bandhas, Samyama, and Secrets of Wilder books and are currently devouring them, but keeping the practices to spinal breathing, dm, then samyama. I've been practicing the Jesus Prayer for about 3 years now and so decided to go for the integration of those practices and see where things stood. It hasn't been long at all, but I'm not noticing any negative effects yet. Still, I won't add anything for awhile - I just couldn't wait to start reading. Maybe I'll try getting in root seat next.

A hold-over practice I've been doing is listening to a binaural beats tracks (some of them are from EOC: www.eocinstitute.org) to assist in timing, and just because I was already in the habit of doing the Jesus Prayer for 20-25 minutes with the binaural audio. Has anything about brainwave entrainment via binaural beats as an assistance to yoga practices come up on the forums? Also, are mild bubbling and buzzing sensations in the legs or arms common symptoms of spinal breathing or dm? From what I've read so far, symptoms of purification and/or kundalini are extremely varied. I've heard about the electric shocks, but the things I'm feeling are much more mild - the only way I can describe them are bubbling or buzzing in the muscles somewhere.

I think I'm getting into other subjects that should be filed elsewhere so I'll stop. Thank you everyone again!

m
Go to Top of Page

macarius

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2009 :  12:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit macarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Guys I apologize - if I'd taken half a second to search the forums I would have seen answers to most of the questions I asked above. Thanks for being patient.
m
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000