Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Message
I'm thinking about doing a retreat given by Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath www.hamsa-yoga.org. Does anyone here have any info or experience with him. I like what I have seen on his web site and videos, but I'm a little bit skeptical and would like more info before I fly out to California.

Thanks,
Bob

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 30 2009 12:42:34 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2009 :  12:42:34 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

LAHAMSA

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2009 :  6:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit LAHAMSA's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Gurunath is the Real Deal. So many great souls out there stimulate me intellectually and inspire me on an emotional level, but none have given me the experience this Master has. I'm sure you've read what's on the website about Shaktipat- the transmission of Kundalini Energy- all I can say is that almost everyone gets an experience according to their receptivity. The other experiences are Shivapat- Sharing his Soul consciousness of thoughtless awareness and Pranapat- Breathing the peaceful breath through the disciples. On top of all this- during the retreat, he visits everyone in their dreams at the same time! Truly a life changing spiritual intensive and I recommend it!
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2009 :  7:14:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lahamsa,
Sounds like it would be worth doing the retreat. Thanks for the info.
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  5:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello RSS I came across your query post about Gurunath, I am booked to go to a retreat in the UK in June, I was just wondering how your experience was?

Also Lahamsa, do you follow Gurunaths Kriya? If so how do you find it? There is an inner and outer debate between AYP and Kriya, though this is the AYP website, and I guess even if I get more involved in AYP it would still be nice to get a taste of "Shaktipat- the transmission of Kundalini Energy-Shivapat- Sharing his Soul consciousness of thoughtless awareness and Pranapat- Breathing the peaceful breath through the disciples". and to meet Gurunath who I do feel drawn towards, the money is the only issue (+recently reading some put downs about Sri Gurunath), being a student it's quite a lot, but I guess money's nothing but energy and I looked forward to experiencing a lot at this retreat.

God bless
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2010 :  7:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 11jono11
I didn't go yet. I'm going to Orlando on Sunday for initiation but Gurunath won't be there. He is supposed to be in Florida in 2011. If I like his form of kriya I may go to the retreat when he comes here.
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  08:46:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
His form of Kriya is nearly identical with Yogananda's, with some little differences:

1. he teaches his Surya Yoga too which is done before the main kriya practices.
2. the amount of kriya breaths he advises starts with 36 rounds, goes up to 72 after 3 months and goes on with 144 after 1 year.
3. after all the energy techniques, silent concentration on the crown chakra is done

All in all, the routine is pretty intense, but somehow highly smooth in cause and effect.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2010 :  03:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I went to an event with Gurunath last night in San Francisco. After going I really don't know what to say. I found his personality fun and amusing, he seemed to be enjoying his role and went on about space between molecules and spiritual conciousness. He took questions from the audience but then often interrpted them as being too long or sometimes ignored them and walked around the room. He kept promising an experience "depending on your receptivity" and had us do a meditation togeter where we were told to "open the lotus in your heart"...
Well as an AYP meditator (and pranayama practitioner of several decades) I felt receptive and ready for something. I closed my eyes, did kechari mudra, let my breath quiet and meditated with him and everyone. Did I get an experience, an initiation, shakpipat? I honestly have no idea. Today I felt a bit tired and out of it more than anything. Otherwise I don't know, can't say. His devotess all looked very happy and convinced. He seemed sometimes a bit frustrated at some peoples "resistance" Is he the real deal? I can't tell. He promises alot. Transformation. Alot of it really sounded like a sales pitch to me. I walked away with a bellyfull of vegetarian food and a shrug.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  12:22:24 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess no one has an opinion to venture. I'm gonna check him out one more time while he still is in California but I dunno about this guy....
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  8:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Victor

I guess no one has an opinion to venture. I'm gonna check him out one more time while he still is in California but I dunno about this guy....

A few years ago, when I was looking for a genuine 'Kriya Yoga Guru', something I still thought I needed after nearly 30 years of considering Yogananda my Guru, I looked into Gurunath. I had mixed feelings then. Something looked 'better than could be hoped for' to me, and something looked 'fake' to me. But that's just me, others will I'm sure have differing opinions. And I never did go out and spend time with Gurunath. In the end I decided if I was to accept a flesh and blood guru as my own, it would be to the one who presented herself into my life experience, and has never complained if I didn't follow her loving suggestions, but has only showed unconditional, motherly love. For my experience that one is so graciously given to me as Sri Karunamayi.

Gurunath may be the real deal, I don't know. But I would hope people will ask their inner Guru, the One true Guru, in what direction and to what degree supplication should be offered.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  2:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for you response, Balance.
My perspective is that I am not seeking a guru to surrender to and become a devotee as such. I am quite content to practice AYP as I have been doing and not seeking a new direction in meditation. What I was more interested in Gurunath is just to make a connection of sorts and to check out a guy who claims to be a "master". I mean, considering that I have been on this path of yoga for many years now I am curious just what a "master" feels like. I mean, if I am doing this yoga thing with sincerity it would seem encouraging meet those more advanced along the path. Unfortunately, unlike hatha yoga or martial arts or other more physical practices where ones mastery is easily evident through demonstration, in this case it is a much more subtle or internal thing and I am afraid that I still don't "get it". I had a similar experience some years ago when meeting Hari Dass Baba at Mt Madonna in California. A frieend had told me that he could "give you bliss". I met him and he seemed like a somewhat shy indian man and I left still wondering.
Now just to show a contrast so that you wouldn't think that I am just a bit dull or thick skinned (which I am not) was when I first met Ram Dass (who has never made any claim to beng a guru). In Ram Dass I felt an energy , a wave of love like I had never experienced before, it was quite palpable, and has always been there in the half dozen or so times that he and I have crossed paths. Maybe its just charisma or something, or maybe Ram Dass speaks my language more clearly. It just strikes me as funny when a man comes and makes these extraordinary claims such as Gurunath does. Sort of makes your expectaiuons rise a bit excessively or on the other hand makes you immediately think "fake" due to the hype.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  4:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victor.

Who can really say about 'Guru's? It's subjective per individual experience I guess. I could perhaps go and see Gurunath and come away blissed and satisfied that I had met a genuine and direct conduit of Love. Or, I may not experience such things, while another attendee of Gurunath's programs might experience something satisfying to them. I don't want to belittle others' experience of him for these reasons.

I finally accepted Karunamayi as my Guru for a couple reasons. One of them was because she happened to be thrust into my life experience on a yearly basis, and in very unique and rewarding ways every time. The other reason came about after I had been seeing Amma Karunamayi each year here in Tucson during her annual world tour during the time I was still "looking" for a true Kriya Guru on the web and such. I had my Kriya Yoga teacher, Carl Shmidt, and his beautiful The Home Foundation form of Kriya Yoga, whom I could have accepted as Guru. But I was looking for something 'Kriya Big' I suppose, as in direct lineage with all the robes and such. Interestingly, when all that need for a flesh and blood Guru finally fell away a few years ago, I then realized that I had a flesh and blood Guru in the form of my loving Sri Karunamayi. She wasn't the physical Guru I had been looking for, she was much, much more. I now feel so very blessed that I do have a physical Guru, although I'm not certain how important that ultimately is. Some may need that experience. Some may have that. Some may not need that. And so on. A couple of neighbor friends who attended Amma Karunamayi's programs upon my suggestion apparently went away from seeing her without anything special to say about having had her darshan.

I have met several 'masters' over the years. A few direct disciples of Yogananda when I was a young SRF practitioner in the early eighties. There were others too, like for one example Sri Ravi Shankar whom I met in the mid nineties in Santa Barbara when I was practicing his form of 'Kriya' for a short spell. Not one of these masters did anything special for me. But curiously, I thought they had been special at the time for me, just because of who they appeared to be in my mind; larger than life masters.

Edited by - Balance on Jul 30 2010 12:18:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  05:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Gurunath is my Satguru, he's cool. He's a kinda wild kinda Satguru at times, yeah. He's magnetic, and radiates intense shakti. And yeah, he does sell stuff.

He guided me to Mahavatar Shiv Gorakshanath Babaji. OM nama Shivayah <0>

Go to Top of Page

cff

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  11:20:36 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I have has my shares of ezperiences with gurunath. He is qhat he says he is.
When i received his shaktipath and he went into nievikalp samadhi. I got a bit pissed off because i felt it was such an exalted state it should never be shown to foolish people and unbelievers. Hes my satguru.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000