Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Scared of the Guru?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  10:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
have you ever felt scared of the Guru, I have been going to Sat Yoga www.satyogainstitute.org in which we have a guru. the food there is really good, not scrared of eating that :) ok sarcasm helping me to avoid in depth connections with other, sarcasm again. that was one of his teachings, that sometimes people use sarcasm to avoid getting close.

anyway
If I sit in his office and toalk to him, or if I sit down with him, or if I am asking questions during a satsang or class, I dont feel uncomfortable, however in a casual situation, like waiting for dinner, just passing him in the hall or whatever is casual, Im scared of him.

anyone ever go through this and have personal stories about it? if so thanks for your response, ill read them.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  02:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am corresponding with a lebanese student of Francis Lucille...Maher is enlightend i could feel it when i met him face to face last november ...and i have to admit that whenever i see an email in my inbox from him i do feel some "fear"...it is not negative fear...it is awe that you feel when in the Presence of someone that is meangiful to you...the awe of being in the presence of Truth....
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  05:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unlike Maheswari, I've felt love, inner silence and peace around Maher (sometimes, the rising of a lot ugly stuff from inside)

I've felt bliss and inner silence around the teachers whom I met in Tiruvannamalai, India.

But I experienced brain freeze and was scared as hell in the presence of the suffi sheikh whom I met in Tunisian desers. His presence and personality was like an over whelming mountain and I experienced a hell lot of suffering after coming back from Tunis... Plus having all of work and social life kind of ruined... I've payed a good price for accepting his invitation and I am still scared of him and don't feel like going anywhere near him again... But at the same time, I feel that he was just trying to help and the knots and fear within my sense of personality got in the way.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  05:23:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Unlike Maheswari, I've felt love, inner silence and peace around Maher (sometimes, the rising of a lot ugly stuff from inside)

dont get me wrong Ananda..i have felt also love,inner silence and peace with Maher...he does radiate them...also i felt that i do not know anything....
in addition to that i feel great awe..especially when i receive an email from him.as if my life depends on his email content...which is kind of true because spritual path , enquiry and yoga practices are so important to me...it is the only thing worth doing in life...

Edited by - maheswari on Dec 12 2011 05:26:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2011 :  05:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The feeling of not knowing anything has been also felt here
Go to Top of Page

L. Zavier

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  03:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit L. Zavier's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

But I experienced brain freeze and was scared as hell in the presence of the suffi sheikh whom I met in Tunisian desers. His presence and personality was like an over whelming mountain and I experienced a hell lot of suffering after coming back from Tunis... Plus having all of work and social life kind of ruined... I've payed a good price for accepting his invitation and I am still scared of him and don't feel like going anywhere near him again... But at the same time, I feel that he was just trying to help and the knots and fear within my sense of personality got in the way.

this is my first post, so hi everybody!

Ananda, i was really hoping you might be willing to give some more details about this experience you had with encountering the Sufi Sheik? i think it would really help me to understand some things about the impact of ones psychological constitution on spiritual practice.

i've seen two students in the presence of the same teacher; one student sinks into stillness, whereas the other student is unsettled and agitated. yet both are abiding in the same energetic field.

your experience may or may not be relevant, but i find it fascinating, just the same. especially since there are teachers you encounter who induce love, bliss, stillness.

any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries dear,

My experience around the same presence of the sheikh which is shared now by a medium of his who is visiting beirut. Is now extreme blissful drunkness most of the time... With mystic experiences to go with it.

Yesterday while sitting, I was literally drunk on bliss that I couldn't even barely speak.... My heart was just exploding from joy and it was wowwww But on my right side there was someone crying with tears pouring from her face.

Over here you'll see my evolution with the path of sheikh Belgacem:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9548

It was like a roller coaster really except that the fragrance of mystique is becoming more and more present and it feels like good things are really happening...

Hope this helps.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:26:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yesterday while sitting, I was literally drunk on bliss that I couldn't even barely speak.... My heart was just exploding from joy and it was wowwww But on my right side there was someone crying with tears pouring from her face.

I envy you man!
Go to Top of Page

gatito

United Kingdom
179 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  7:50:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
have you ever felt scared of the Guru

Yes - when I believed that the Guru was outside, I was sometimes very scared that he would see my doubts and my "unworthiness".

In meditation, I discovered that the Guru is within and that no-one is unworthy. We are all perfect as we are.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  02:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

quote:

I envy you man!

lol Yesterday it felt like dying and disappearing.... It's an on and off thing. Yassine the middle man between me and the sheikh calls it takhliya soma tahliya. Leaving then sweetening. I really don't know a thing of what's going on with me and my friends.

But yes, I've always dreamed about such meetings and only read about them in books... Yet they are much more than what is described in books. It's the real deal with the fragrance of mystique outpouring everywhere... But it's not always sweet... There's the purification part in it as well and that's not so easy...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

shades

Sweden
35 Posts

Posted - May 01 2012 :  05:14:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
I have had some thoughts about this topic. When close to someone connected to many souls with an open attitude, you will not only notice the persons ideas, but also the energies of everyone in his/her so called "soulgroup".
Also, a true guru knows balance, which means right from wrong. Hard to hide frome truth
Go to Top of Page

cff

Canada
40 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  07:35:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scared of the guru?
Gurunath comes to me in a dream and says he has a program for me. I run away of the dream by willingly waking up.
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  9:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been fortunate enough to have spent time, in the 1970s, with two enlightened beings. One was a Japanese Zen monk, who I spent a year with, 1970-71. Roshi Nippo was the funniest person I ever met, he laughed at everything and through his laughter planted seeds which are sprouting to this day. He was a difficult and demanding teacher, but a warm and wonderful human being. I loved him and always enjoyed being with him, if only to drink in his laughter. I NEVER feared him at all, maybe I was too young and naive! In 1974, I joined the ashram of His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, who by then had already taught the Beatles to meditate, was a world-wide celebrity himself, and one of the spiritual lights of the 20th century. I spent time in larger groups listening to him lecture--he was always direct, attentive, warm and had a laugh which could light the darkness. For about a year, I was privileged to work as a TV cameraman for the TM movement. Maharishi traveled all the time, and so was only in the studio from time to time, but when he came in to do something there, he was endlessly curious about the machinery and equipment, asked us about everything, wanted to know how things worked and what we could do, and was generally a really nice guy to be around--that is, if you could take the hours, because he never seemed to sleep, and we'd work whenever he wanted to, which was any time of the day or night! At first, because he was a "famous guy", I was a bit nervous, but he was so sweet and friendly he just put you immediately at ease, talked to you like a regular person, and seemed interested in who we were and what we were doing. At the conclusion of my 2 years, I had a private interview with him, to resolve some personal issues and questions regarding my health, my practice and my future. He may not have exactly remembered me from the TV studio by then, but he had just made us initiators of meditation, and so considered us true disciples. He listened to my concerns and we spent a few minutes discussing a possible course of action. I actually had to reject his first suggestion, which was to stay in Switzerland with him, and so he moved on to several alternatives and told me to watch for a certain new development and make certain I took advantage of that. I felt no sort of fear or intimidation or uneasiness being with him, even one-on-one. I think the feeling of being scared around a guru must mean that particular guru is no guru, otherwise one would feel nothing but ease, acceptance and love. How else could it be...?
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000